Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sweden avoiding lockdown

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,645 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I do have to say you are extremely hostile.

I am unsure why?

One thing is certain the stuff posted here in this thread over last few weeks is just empty vessel like. Remember the post about "Tegnelled" ?

Cringe.

you think thats a hostile post??
    quite a whiff of snowflake off that to be fair.

youve done nothing in this thread but pretty much boot lick franks posts

• Registered Users Posts: 24,400 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

sydthebeat wrote: »
    funny that, absolutely everyone i know got one and your the first person ive heard complain that they didnt get one

what did An Post say when you followed it up?

Why would I follow it up?

It didn't contain any information that wasn't already publicly available.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭greyday

Looks like Tegnell was wrong about children spreading the virus as well, at this stage it might be best to concentrate what he got right when talking about him as that should waste very little time, The Celebrity status he craved is going to be for something he probably didn't want.

https://www.spiegel.de/international/world/new-on-the-covid-19-front-lines-children-may-be-driving-the-pandemic-after-all-a-95e4c0e7-2ea0-479b-ac27-d17f07d147a5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

you think thats a hostile post??
    quite a whiff of snowflake off that to be fair.

youve done nothing in this thread but pretty much boot lick franks posts

So you've been posting in this thread from page 1 to 499 seeing how you are so informed what I've done?

Oh, you havent.

Look quite a fool dont you.

Bottom line is, Sweden is mid-table on deaths. Infections.

I am very surprised at the tune in this thread pretty much painting Swedens numbers as the worst in the world. Disgusting. But expected, given that so many here think that the minute 1 person dies with covid and country isnt in lockdown = "they let it rip" :rolleyes:

lawred2 wrote: »
    Why would I follow it up?

It didn't contain any information that wasn't already publicly available.

so you knew that all households were being sent documents, but you or your neightbours never received them

other people might find that quite worrying in case more important documentation has also failed to be delivered to you

or maybe it was just a once off that somehow the yellow booklet never got delivered to you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,151 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

I do have to say you are extremely hostile.

I am unsure why?

One thing is certain the stuff posted here in this thread over last few weeks is just empty vessel like. Remember the post about "Tegnelled" ?

Cringe.

Could have been twice as bad..
    After all your glorification of Tegnell and Giesecke, seeing both named would have made you cringe even more.

So you've been posting in this thread from page 1 to 499 seeing how you are so informed what I've done?

Oh, you havent.

I am very surprised at the tune in this thread pretty much painting Swedens numbers as the worst in the world. Disgusting. But expected, given that so many here think that the minute 1 person dies with covid and country isnt in lockdown = "they let it rip" :rolleyes:

even the thread title show show wrong you and frank, as the "sweden took the right route" merchants, are

they are being crippled right now in their hospitals, their case numbers are out of control, their economy not showing any patent gains, and their deaths are disgraceful when compared to their nearest neighbors... which shows up the decision they took as being the worst possible one.

they are in lockdown now, too late though

whos the real fool ......

so you knew that all households were being sent documents, but you or your neightbours never received them

other people might find that quite worrying in case more important documentation has also failed to be delivered to you

or maybe it was just a once off that somehow the yellow booklet never got delivered to you?

I wouldn't expect that ours was just the single household not to receive it.

But I admit that it's possible.

I wouldn't worry about it though. Still no covid cases to report in this neighborhood.

lawred2 wrote: »
    I wouldn't expect that ours was just the single household not to receive it.

But I admit that it's possible.

I wouldn't worry about it though. Still no covid cases to report in this neighborhood.

i hope it stays that way for you

wish it was the same in my area

Oh, you havent.

I have been unfortunate enough to follow your posts on this thread, and you have not got anythink right from the beginning.
    Full of predictions as if they were going to happen imminently, for every one of them to fall flat on its face

• Advertisement

Oh, you havent.

That's not what the 'bottom line' means.

Can you please quote either

a) anyone painting the Swedish numbers as the worst in the world (I'd like to see this disgusting behaviour too)
    b) anyone arguing for unlimited lockdowns

No?

You're just going to lie and change the goalposts like Frank, cnobui, blut2 and all the other people who think their opinions and emotions are a significant response to facts, information and evidence?

you wouldnt know

the cases are not reported on a neighbourhood basis

the most local info available is by electoral division and the smallest report is "less than 5"

Jesus, it's a small neighborhood. We all know each other. There have been a number of tests carried out but no positive results.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Sweden eh what's that all.about

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

according to you?

I think Frank posts more factual useful info than some posters here in 20 + pages...

Not difficult on this thread to be fair.

whos the real fool ......

Lockdown countries who thought they could open up and avoid covid.

The Swedes realised you can't hide or run from covid and it will be with us for years one way or another.

Based on what Nphet have said in recent days we'll be in and out of lockdown until next summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭mcsean2163

the average global life expectancy in 1800 years ago was 29 years of age

in 1950 it was 46

in 2019 its 82

what do you think was the reason for this?

Less wars, antibiotics and improved nutrition.

What's your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭greyday

With a bit of luck it will take them until Christmas to reach 4 times our death rate, I know some of the usual suspects on here think we should have allowed 2 times as many deaths as we have had as the elderly have outlived their usefulness to them, Just as well David Attenborough isn't an Irish resident or they might try to bully him into getting covid. :):)

Not difficult on this thread to be fair.
    Of course it's not 'difficult'. Considering you've ran away from every single time you've been challenged on your nonsense it's pretty clear that you and Ginger both think 'factual' ='stuff I made up'.

Literally anyone can post guff and then not defend it, the hard part is actually making an argument that you're willing to stand over and provide evidence for - something you consistently refuse to do.

Lockdown countries who thought they could open up and avoid covid.

The Swedes realised you can't hide or run from covid and it will be with us for years one way or another.

Based on what Nphet have said in recent days we'll be in and out of lockdown until next summer.

Sweden thought it was all over after the first wave with all their nonsense about having immunity. They even let lapse legislation end of June that they are now scrambling to re-introduce but will not be able to until March 2021.

Sweden finally realised that like everywhere else they cannot control the spread of this virus without lockdown and will be using it as long as everyone else.

charlie14 wrote: »
    Sweden thought it was all over after the first wave with all their nonsense about having immunity. They even let lapse legislation end of June that they are now scrambling to re-introduce but will not be able to until March 2021.

Sweden finally realised that like everywhere else they cannot control the spread of this virus without lockdown and will be using it as long as everyone else.

Mid table in deaths and doing far better than most similar sized countries in Europe. Switzerland posted 166 deaths today, a new record. They've been averaging over 5000 cases a day for 2 months now. They have a population 15% smaller than Swedens.
    Denmark never reached 3000 cases a day until the last week. They've gone over 3000 cases a day 4 days in the last week. Portugal, Greece and Austria are trending in the wrong direction and Hungary is posting over 160 deaths most days including 181 yesterday.
    You cannot claim lockdown has been a success in these countries.

• Advertisement

And the deconstructed almost 500 temp icu beds in Stockholm cos they weren't needed in the first wave and they thought they were over the worst of it..... Reducing ICU capacity when they now need it most

And the deconstructed almost 500 temp icu beds in Stockholm cos they weren't needed in the first wave and they thought they were over the worst of it..... Reducing ICU capacity when they now need it most

Also happened in Ireland I'm afraid.
    It really doesn't look good to be continually accusing other countries of something we are also guilty of.

Mid table in deaths and doing far better than most similar sized countries in Europe. Switzerland posted 166 deaths today, a new record. They've been averaging over 5000 cases a day for 2 months now. They have a population 15% smaller than Swedens.
    Denmark never reached 3000 cases a day until the last week. They've gone over 3000 cases a day 4 days in the last week. Portugal, Greece and Austria are trending in the wrong direction and Hungary is posting over 160 deaths most days including 182 today.
    You cannot claim lockdown has been a success in these countries.

If Sweden`s no lockdown was the great success that some here were telling us up until quite recently all others were fools not to be following, then why are Sweden now using it and scrambling to re-introduce legislation to give them greater powers for a more severe lockdown ?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

In November 8 088 people died in Sweden.
    That is the deadliest November since the Spanish flu when in November 1918 more than 16 000 people died in Sweden.

https://www.fplus.se/dodligaste-november-pa-102-ar-i-sverige-hogsta-talet-sedan-spanska-sjukan-1918/a/lEMkEo

If Sweden`s no lockdown was the great success that some here were telling us up until quite recently all others were fools not to be following, then why are Sweden now using it and scrambling to re-introduce legislation to give them greater powers for a more severe lockdown ?

Sorry? Have you been to Sweden lately? A number of Swedes on here said life hasn't changed that much.

If they are reintroducing legislation then it must have been in place before.

And I thought they were letting it rip!

How's it working out for lockdown countries Germany, Italy, Hungary, Switzerland, Portugal, Greece, Austria and dozens more these days Charlie? Germany have 4500 in ICU and record daily deaths.

biko wrote: »
    In November 8 088 people died in Sweden.
    That is the deadliest November since the Spanish flu when in November 1918 more than 16 000 people died in Sweden.

https://www.fplus.se/dodligaste-november-pa-102-ar-i-sverige-hogsta-talet-sedan-spanska-sjukan-1918/a/lEMkEo

Likely to be similar in other countries Biko. Covid has added significant excess deaths across Europe.

Sorry? Have you been to Sweden lately? A number of Swedes on here said life hasn't changed that much.

If they are reintroducing legislation then it must have been in place before.

And I thought they were letting it rip!

How's it working out for lockdown countries Germany, Italy, Hungary, Switzerland, Portugal, Greece, Austria and dozens more these days Charlie? Germany have 4500 in ICU and record daily deaths.

Give up on the nonsense Frank. Sweden is using lockdown. Name checking other countries doesn`t change that

Uppsala went into "a local lockdown" according to their infection disease doctor in October, and the rest of the regions followed shortly afterwards.
    The government introduced legislation punishable by fines or 6 months imprisonment for more than public gatherings of 8 people and schools for anyone over 13 are closed. Authorities are now asking people to meet in bubbles of no more than 8 in private as well.

If the people on here recently from Sweden are anything to go by, these recommendations that Sweden introduced we were told we should all be following rather than using lockdown, are being widely ignored.
    Do you thing they are scrambling to re-introduce legislation they let lapse in June just for the crack like!

They were letting it rip for their mad immoral herd immunity strategy.
    Now it is ripping on its own due to following the wrong strategy, believing they had developed a level immunity that their own data showed wasn`t there, and a complete dereliction of responsibility by their own government in letting a handful of people in their Public Health Authority test out an immoral experiment on their own citizens.

Give up on the nonsense Frank. Sweden is using lockdown. Name checking other countries doesn`t change that

Uppsala went into "a local lockdown" according to their infection disease doctor in October, and the rest of the regions followed shortly afterwards.
    The government introduced legislation punishable by fines or 6 months imprisonment for more than public gatherings of 8 people and schools for anyone over 13 are closed. Authorities are now asking people to meet in bubbles of no more than 8 in private as well.

If the people on here recently from Sweden are anything to go by, these recommendations that Sweden introduced we were told we should all be following rather than using lockdown, are being widely ignored.
    Do you thing they are scrambling to re-introduce legislation they let lapse in June just for the crack like!

They were letting it rip for their mad immoral herd immunity strategy.
    Now it is ripping on its own due to following the wrong strategy, believing they had developed a level immunity that their own data showed wasn`t there, and a complete dereliction of responsibility by their own government in letting a handful of people in their Public Health Authority test out an immoral experiment on their own citizens.

Are non essential shops closed?

Likely to be similar in other countries Biko. Covid has added significant excess deaths across Europe.

Not long ago we were snowed under here being told that due to Sweden`s supposedly superior strategy, Sweden was going to be the exception.

• Advertisement

Are non essential shops closed?

In a pandemic they are called non essential for a good reason.

The Swedish poster on her recently you mentioned gave very good reasons why they should be closed.
    If Sweden had not let that legislation lapse that they are now trying to reintroduce, in all likelihood they would be closed.

Advertisement