If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV and AV receiver

Options
  • 11-04-2020 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

Hi RS

Think I’ve been locked in too long I’ve started to look at upgrading some stuff.  Currently have a Sony strdh820 connected to the oled so no 4K passthrough and the tv in the spare room is an old LG fhd which is connected to a xb1x so no 4K gaming, both bought from RS many moons ago.

The budget is pretty limited, hoping to keep it under 4 figures if possible.

I’ve narrowed it down to the Sony 1080 receiver and LG 55sm9010. What’s the chances of getting these within budget or as close as? PM’s with fantasy pricing always welcome :)

Cheers.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hey PC,

long time :) - Hope you are well in all this madness?

2 nice pieces of kit and as ever I admire your optimism :D - can't do under 4 figures but we can squeeze it a little bit for you.

Retail on the 55SM9 / with the STRDN1080 is £1168 / 1328€ - throwing everything at it we can do the combo at £1049 / 1228€

If you would like to go ahead we are happy to pop up a dedicated web page with that bundle for you or of course we can just give you a call to get it all arranged for you.

Thanks again - as you know we really appreciate the opportunity to quote and keep us posted if we can ever assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭PCDub

Being confined without football has lead me to view every purchase like picking my fantasy football team.  Defined limited budget but wanting top class players in every position... but I suppose my hands haven't been cleaner so silver linings and all that. :)

Thanks for the prompt reply and I'll give it a bit more thought,  might even play my wildcard :)

Stay safe RS.

Would the rstv75 code do anything for the price or already included?

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

PCDub wrote: »
    Would the rstv75 code do anything for the price or already included?
    Hi PCDub,

Johns price already includes the voucher as the price with the RSTV75 and the STRDN1080 comes in at £1093 at retail!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Might have to hold off on the tv for now.  Whats the best price on the 1080 and maybe a pair of MA B2's?
    cheers

• Advertisement

Might have to hold off on the tv for now.  Whats the best price on the 1080 and maybe a pair of MA B2's?
    cheers
    Hey PCDub.

For the STRDN1080 and a pair of the Bronze 2 I could offer at £550 delivered.
    Stock is get tight on the Bronze 2 in Black and Walnut finishes.

Kenny.

Hi Lads,

Apologies for delay getting back, life got a bit hectic for a couple of weeks.  I went ahead and bought the bronze 2's through the website last night, seen a good price for the walnut versions and snapped them up.

Just wondering on the 1080, is there any new sony av's due that may affect the 1080 price?  Its being around a few years and is obviously still a great spec but if there was a new one on the horizon i might hang on.

cheers

Hi Lads,

Apologies for delay getting back, life got a bit hectic for a couple of weeks.  I went ahead and bought the bronze 2's through the website last night, seen a good price for the walnut versions and snapped them up.

Just wondering on the 1080, is there any new sony av's due that may affect the 1080 price?  Its being around a few years and is obviously still a great spec but if there was a new one on the horizon i might hang on.

cheers
    Hey PCDub.

Thanks for the order of the Bronze 2's. The price on the Walnut one was reduced just last night so good spot :)

I haven't heard anything as of yet on a new Sony receiver.
    Most manufacturers seem to be holding off until HDMI 2.1 is rolled out.

The Sony 1080 is a really great amp. I've wanted one myself now for nearly a year.

Kenny.

Speakers arrived lightning fast as usual.  Cheers for the excellent service.

Now just need to decide on the sony 1080 or the denon 2600....emm :confused:

Speakers arrived lightning fast as usual.  Cheers for the excellent service.

Now just need to decide on the sony 1080 or the denon 2600....emm :confused:
    Hi PCDub,

Glad to hear the speakers have arrived with you!

I would agree with Kenny on the amp, the Sony 1080 sounds incredible!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Well looks like my knack of buying just before a big price drop continues..I see the bronze 2 walnut have dropped to 149e. Do RS offer anything back if price drops within a week? Just thought I’d ask, no skin off if not.
    Cheers.

Well looks like my knack of buying just before a big price drop continues..I see the bronze 2 walnut have dropped to 149e. Do RS offer anything back if price drops within a week? Just thought I’d ask, no skin off if not.
    Cheers.
    Hey PCDub.

Typical!!!

I will arrange for the difference to be refunded back onto your account and you can use it towards the amp ;)

Cheers.
    Hey PCDub.

Typical!!!

I will arrange for the difference to be refunded back onto your account and you can use it towards the amp ;)
    you read my mind David..:)

Cheers.
    Hey PCDub.

Typical!!!

you read my mind David..:)
    Hi PCDub.

I have now refunded back 30 Euro onto your account.

Kenny.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.