Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Floor levelling compound.

• 11-04-2020 2:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭

Is it possible to pour floor levelling compound onto timber floors upstairs?
    The bathroom I’m working on is nearly 12mm off over the total width of 1.6 metres. I’m screwing down 12mm marine ply all over before tiling, screwed in 4” squares. I was wondering if it’s possible to pour self leveller onto the ply before tiling

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Is it possible to pour floor levelling compound onto timber floors upstairs?
    The bathroom I’m working on is nearly 12mm off over the total width of 1.6 metres. I’m screwing down 12mm marine ply all over before tiling, screwed in 4” squares. I was wondering if it’s possible to pour self leveller onto the ply before tiling

12 mm is a fair bit of compound
    Would it be possible to shim out the joists or else screw say 6x2 to the sides of the original joists to level up the floor.
    Or else look in to bedding 12 mm tile backer board level
    to the floor.
    Either ways I'd be advising using tile backer board to bond the finish tiles to
    If looking for a trick to level up the floor screw a grid of screws to the floor using the heads as a level point to work of .
    Handy method if theres humps and hollows in the floor

Advertisement