Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difficulty setting up WiFi Extender

Options
  • 11-04-2020 2:14pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34

I've attached images of the instruction I'm following in case anyone wants to see. So for the available connections, as in image 1 below, it says that "TP-Link_Extender" will show up. But as you can see in my screen shot, all that shows up is the second (middle) network as in image 2. It does not make sense that this network is called "WLB29218058-2.4G_EXT". As in image 3 it reads that the extender "uses your router network's name with '_EXT' at the end". Although this middle network does have "_EXT" at the end, it does not bear similarity to our network router's name.

It says that the extender shares the same password as the router, but when I try to connect to it the middle option on that list using our password, it just displays what is seen in image 4.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Is it possible that this is a neighbour's device?
    "WLB29218058-2.4G_EXT".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 EuKaryMe

Is it possible that this is a neighbour's device?
    No, it only comes on when I plug in the extender. Nearest house is pretty far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 VECTRON

Have you tried resetting or resyncing all the extenders plugged in

Ate they connected to an actual socket or an extension cable

Have you tried connecting them 1 by 1 to see that they all work independently of each other

Advertisement