Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tinder for Boreds

• 11-04-2020 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

With social distancing now the norm is it time for boards to help single people connect with a dating forum? Obviously it'll be very chast but could lead to something horizontal or at least emotional eventually, when the vaccine arrives. I have no idea how it would be structured or moderated what with all the catfishing these days. Or is this just a terrible idea bought on by my own isolation?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Chaste long enough. Time to be chased!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

With social distancing now the norm is it time for boards to help single people connect with a dating forum? Obviously it'll be very chast but could lead to something horizontal or at least emotional eventually, when the vaccine arrives. I have no idea how it would be structured or moderated what with all the catfishing these days. Or is this just a terrible idea bought on by my own isolation?

Throw up a photo of yourself there and we'll kick off the auction.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Finally, a decent thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

A nice idea. On paper :pac:
    Remember a good few years ago there used to be threads where people would post pictures of themselves? ...

Not in after hours. But other forums. Any woman who posted one of herself would get about 50 thanks. If a guy did the same what, 5 thanks? :pac:

So yeah. If boards had a dating forum it would be no different than dating websites or even tinder. A good 50 to 1 men to women ratio haha.

But you could call the forum sausage fest as it would be an apt name. Lol.

50:1

I'm in :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭St Tropez Betty

Im in too. Down to 48:1 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

There'll be nobody your age Harry

I predict such a forum,would end in much bitter infighting and chaos

Count me in :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Throw up a photo of yourself there and we'll kick off the auction.

Kill off more like.

I'm pretty sure there is some kinda dating forum but you need an invite or something.

• Advertisement

Also Harry would be a good catch for when the food chain breaks down and the shops are empty. He knows how to grow food n stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

I do remember a thread where people used put up pics for likes and lols...... & It all went badly wrong for 1 poster... meltdown and a ban ensued for her I think.... closed her account... that was some time.ago though....we are all much more mature now...

I do remember a thread where people used put up pics for likes and lols...... & It all went badly wrong for 1 poster... meltdown and a ban ensued for her I think.... closed her account... that was some time.ago though....we are all much more mature now...

Speak for yourself. I don't intend to be mature till 65. Until then I will be as I always was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

There was a "know your nerds" thing, is that what posters are remembering? That was clearly nothing but a thanks whore charter! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

I'm pretty sure there is some kinda dating forum but you need an invite or something.

There's a forum for discussing online dating and experiences therein. It's not a hookup forum though, if that's what you are expecting.

mike_ie wrote: »
    There's a forum for discussing online dating and experiences therein. It's not a hookup forum though, if that's what you are expecting.

Ah I see. Someone just mentioned it to me recently. I'd have no interest anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

I'm in for a tenner on black..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

anyone turning "Billy Hayes" yet ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

fryup wrote: »
    anyone turning "Billy Hayes" yet ?

something something Smuggling Budgies something something.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Not in after hours. But other forums. Any woman who posted one of herself would get about 50 thanks. If a guy did the same what, 5 thanks? :pac:
    I think I got about 20 thanks once when I posted a pic of myself playing chess underwater, and I was chuffed, and then some fecker just after me posted a pic of himself carrying his newborn baby and got about 80 :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Do ye want the "here's what I look like going to a wedding with my makeup and hair done and a lovely dress taken in just the right lighting" photo, or the "here's what I look like right now in a hoodie and no makeup and hair that hasn't been brushed never mind washed today" photo?

The former would probably get more thanks, but the latter is closer to my daily reality.

KiKi III wrote: »
    Do ye want the "here's what I look like going to a wedding with my makeup and hair done and a lovely dress taken in just the right lighting" photo, or the "here's what I look like right now in a hoodie and no makeup and hair that hasn't been brushed never mind washed today" photo?

The former would probably get more thanks, but the latter is closer to my daily reality.
    Nah, we just want the below the waist pics.

Ficheall wrote: »
    I think I got about 20 thanks once when I posted a pic of myself playing chess underwater, and I was chuffed, and then some fecker just after me posted a pic of himself carrying his newborn baby and got about 80 :mad:

The most thanks I've ever gotten on boards was for a picture of my dog. I won't take offence, she is cuter than I am.

Nah, we just want the below the waist pics.

I'm not at the stage of isolation where i'm willing to post fanny pics, but come back to me if the lockdown gets extended again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 784 ✭✭✭LaFuton

can't wait to get naked with women again!

*willingly

I'm not at the stage of isolation where i'm willing to post fanny pics, but come back to me if the lockdown gets extended again.

I'll extend for said pic if u got toilet paper i got pasta x

LaFuton wrote: »
    I'll extend for said pic if u got toilet paper i got pasta x

Hahahahaha. This can be like one of those "If we're both not married when we're 40" pacts. If we're both still horny on May 5...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

*Bookmarks post*

There's a right bang of desperation in this thread.

• Advertisement

Hahahahaha. This can be like one of those "If we're both not married when we're 40" pacts. If we're both still horny on May 5...

well ya better have something to trade lady, i dont come cheaply ya kno

I'm pretty sure I have three Lidl frozen pizzas in the freezer and I just bought a new box of teabags?

I'm pretty sure I have three Lidl frozen pizzas in the freezer and I just bought a new box of teabags?

lyons?

lyons?

Barry's I'm afraid. Does that mean the deal's off?

As an aside, post Covid-19, I'd love if there was a dating app that worked like this:

You put in the night you want to go out on a date first. Then you put in your preferences re:age and location. But the emphasis is on the fact that this app is for people who actually want to meet and not swipe/ chat endlessly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

I could forward you a picture of my brother’s flaccid knob if I didn’t block and delete the convo already

Could be still in my photos but afraid to look. He is 6ft something of random bastard who is evidently hung, sounds like tinder credentials to me any takers.

• Advertisement

Bobblehats wrote: »
    I could forward you a picture of my brother’s flaccid knob if I didn’t block and delete the convo already

Could be still in my photos but afraid to look. He is 6ft something of random bastard who is evidently hung, sounds like tinder credentials to me any takers.

Dare I ask why you have a picture of your brother's knob?

yup sorry deals off. has 2 be lyons.

but yes to said dating app

yup sorry deals off. has 2 be lyons.

but yes to said dating app

I've had so many good ideas for apps I'd be a bajillionaire if I was a developer.

And they say romance is dead. Like a chapter out of Anna Karenina or Pride & Prejudice.

And they say romance is dead. Like a chapter out of Anna Karenina or Pride & Prejudice.

Love in the Time of Corona was the obvious choice there Bertie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Lyan

How threads would look.

[Male 25 Looking for Female] - Posts: 0
    [Female 23 Looking for Male] - Posts: 9876

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,573 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

All Boardies are ugly, its why they don't have instagram HA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,573 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Lyan wrote: »
    How threads would look.

[Male 25 Looking for Female] - Posts: 0
    [Female 23 Looking for Male] - Posts: 9876

That is very true, yet women will argue till they're blue in the face that a women has it as hard when it comes to dating.

That is very true, yet women will argue till they're blue in the face that a women has it as hard when it comes to dating.

It really, really is - I swear.

The difference is that it's super easy to find a guy that's willing to have sex with you. It's insanely difficult to find a guy who's willing to get to know you and date you.

Scratch that: It's insanely difficult to find a guy even willing/ able to have a decent conversation.

But we do have it easier when it comes to getting the ride, that's for sure.

The difference is that it's super easy to find a guy that's willing to have sex with you. It's insanely difficult to find a guy who's willing to get to know you and date you.

Scratch that: It's insanely difficult to find a guy even willing/ able to have a decent conversation.

So many generalisations, I don't know which one to discredit first.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

So many generalisations, I don't which one to discredit first.

They're all just observations based on my own experience of dating.

Granted, they're not universally true - but they're pretty accurate in my own, subjective experience.

Kiki +1

Hey I am single for last 17 months ok I am oldish....late 50's. For me yeah it's hard. No man my age wants to be with a woman my age. He doesn't even want to be with a woman 5 years younger than my age.

Hey I am single for last 17 months ok I am oldish....late 50's. For me yeah it's hard. No man my age wants to be with a woman my age. He doesn't even want to be with a woman 5 years younger than my age.

Ever think its you that has the problem so?

Ever think its you that has the problem so?

Not the most empathic response, Betty. All that sun in St Tropez has addled your mind.

• Advertisement
Advertisement