Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"guns" seized.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Glock 17 with an aftermarket "giggle switch" making it selectfire,and utterly uncontrollable?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Uinseann_16

Thats clearly a polymer 80 Lower, someone has set up a little workshop in a shed in texas :D , the giggle switches are coming of Wish dot com of all places too US customs are finding them regularly now

Cass wrote: »
    Says Walther, Fort Smith, AR. Fort Smith arizona is where Walther are made.

Also on the mag you'll see the Walther logo and while not 100% clear you can see something about M Series, Cal. written on it. Seems legit.

Not sure as i cannot see it, but it has a CIP marking on the rear of the receiver.

Thats some zoom you have on your computer! Or is it a special programme? Mine only goes to 200/225% and then it is going into pixel blurrey land.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Thats clearly a polymer 80 Lower, someone has set up a little workshop in a shed in texas :D , the giggle switches are coming of Wish dot com of all places too US customs are finding them regularly now

Not any more.Wish and Ali express closed them down.They were available for awhile even on Egun!! Easily made ,there are plans aplenty on the interweb to keep you in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Here's a tough one:

DkuG8ToWwAImm_R?format=jpg&name=large

• Advertisement

civdef wrote: »
    Here's a tough one:

Grand power G9 PAK? one of those blank guns converted to .380 acp or 9x18
    The slide is the giveaway

Did someone knock off the Wehrmacht?

Did someone knock off the Wehrmacht?

Real footage of the suspects being apprehended:pac::P
    920a5673-85b8-4620-8f01-9c0d7d3218dd_screenshot.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Hint its not a 1911

Think I got it, but I had to cheat by googling the company

• Advertisement

There are two correct answers.
    It's a "Beute waffe[captured arm] VB 35 9mm in this case.:) Its actually a lovely gun to shoot.Got both the features of a 9mm Browning P35 and a 1911 A1
    I'll let ye guess the other name for it.

OK, who can tell us what kind of Mauser "Broomhandle" pistol we are dealing with up in the pic?
    ;)

M1932

Would like to see if that FN has German marks too - given the company it's in would seem likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,956 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

The 'air rifle' in the OP link looks like a Tokyo Marui VSR-10.

If it is, they fire approx 300fps with a 0.2g bb, so not even a full joule.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    OK, who can tell us what kind of Mauser "Broomhandle" pistol we are dealing with up in the pic?
    ;)

Well the bottom one is a Polish Radom/Vis. I know that as i knew someone with one that was vacuumed up in 1972, and he got it back when the ban was overturned. I fired it once or twice.

I know the Baikal rubber ball gun is often used for conversions to pistol rounds. Cheap and available, i believe they are the most common seized illegal pistols in Europe.

00143622-800.jpg

So, make and model for this one folks....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭minktrapper

Baikal single barrel ?

00143622-800.jpg

So, make and model for this one folks....

Baikal MP18, hacksaw special edition?

Yup, i had a baikal single barrel as my first gun as a gauche teenager, bought from Rorys fishing tackle in Temple Bar in Dublin. I though it was a Perazzi. Someone gave me a Quinnsworth bag full of mixed and matched shells, mostly hunting 1 1/8 oz. Everytime i pulled the trigger it was like a Mike Tyson right hand to the shoulder.

• Advertisement

Where did they store it???In a lake???:eek:

Good eyes folks. Whoever cut that stock had a poor understanding of ergonomics, like said above, they kick bad enough with a full stock - I shudder to think what the break action lever would do to the hand of anyone pulling the trigger.

OK, how about this beauty?

https://www.limerickpost.ie/2018/05/24/breaking-sawn-off-shot-gun-seized-in-limerick/

Edit: Fixed broken link

Cant see it:P

Cant see it:P
    Fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Max H

Beretta A400 Light ?

Anyone notice the buttstock is on upside down??:P It's in the same condition as my stolen Winchester 1300 was years ago.They must store all these guns in the Shannon and have zero clue about waterproofing.
    One thing tho that is intresting,all that ammo is very fresh looking.

Anyone notice the buttstock is on upside down??:P It's in the same condition as my stolen Winchester 1300 was years ago.They must store all these guns in the Shannon and have zero clue about waterproofing.

My guess is they're burying them, simple put it in a few rags and stick it in the ground job

Apparently he got lost on his way to the american civil war reenacting

DominickStreetfirearmseizureSep2019b_large.jpg?width=600&s=bn-950462

Though this is a tad more modern

DominickStreetfirearmseizureSep2019_large.jpg?width=600&s=bn-950462

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/gardai-make-two-arrests-after-officers-find-guns-and-drugs-in-dublin-raid-950462.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Do you think it was recovered with the stock fitted that way, or was it found with the stock separate, and for the sake of the photo some Guard arranged it that way?
    ( speaks volumes if he/she didn't know which way to put it together!)
    Would the stock bolt even line up, with the stock "upside down"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Good eyes folks. Whoever cut that stock had a poor understanding of ergonomics, like said above, they kick bad enough with a full stock......

Just for laff's.....

510645.jpg

Advertisement