Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for advise to find a place for rent

Options
  • 12-04-2020 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi everyone I hope You are all well. This is my first post here even i have adverts acc over 200 positive feedback's.
    After living in Dublin 4 years i come to conclusion that its time to live on my own.
    Currently working as engineer on south side of Dublin but having a company vehicle is allowing me to search for 1 bed apartment even outside of County Dublin. I know this corona affected literally everything and maybe there will be some good places for good prices but i know DAFT and other popular sites are not where is should be looking for. Ideally county Wicklow would suit me because N7 in morning time is a nightmare lol. Im on facebook group named " rent in wicklow " and im cheking daft,rent,let .ie pages. Any suggestions, tips or advises where to start my searching ?

Thank You for reading my post.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

You should start by contacting people advertising properties of the type you require which are within your budget. You should then go and view the properties and if they are suitable, indicate your interest. Do not fall for scams.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 damir1908

You should start by contacting people advertising properties of the type you require which are within your budget. You should then go and view the properties and if they are suitable, indicate your interest. Do not fall for scams.

im already doing that but any other place except daft,gumtree,let,rent .ie pages that i should look for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

I think they mean they are already looking at daft,gumtree,let,rent .ie so is there anywhere else they should be looking.

myhome.ie do rentals thought don't think as popular as daft.
    Also facebook groups, I don't know any myself but am aware there are various rent in dublin type ones, or if you have a particular area in mind look for a group specifically for that area and there maybe rental posts within it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

damir1908 wrote: »
    im already doing that but any other place except daft,gumtree,let,rent .ie pages that i should look for ?

Give estate agents/ letting agents in North Wicklow e.g. Bray Greystones a check on their
    Websites and see what they have. Send a e mail as they may have something coming up (oooh Matron!) that isnt advertised yet
    The offices may be closed but many are working from home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

Edgware wrote: »
    Give estate agents/ letting agents in North Wicklow e.g. Bray Greystones a check on their
    Websites and see what they have. Send a e mail as they may have something coming up (oooh Matron!) that isnt advertised yet
    The offices may be closed but many are working from home

No need to do this, the amount of enquiries for rental properties is off the scale and you are unlikely to get a reply. If you do, its not a good sign.

The best thing you can do is send an enquiry on daft, express your interest, write some information about yourself especially job occupation, budget, family situation, etc. Then wait for a notification for a viewing.

When going to the viewing, come well presented, you can bring references but they are not necessary at the viewing, have them in electronic format so you can asap if you like the property. (References would be a former landlord or letting agent written reference, confirmation of employment in said job, length of time is key as the longer you are in one, the less riskier you are)

Then sit and wait, view as many properties as you can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

No need to do this, the amount of enquiries for rental properties is off the scale and you are unlikely to get a reply. If you do, its not a good sign.

The best thing you can do is send an enquiry on daft, express your interest, write some information about yourself especially job occupation, budget, family situation, etc. Then wait for a notification for a viewing.

When going to the viewing, come well presented, you can bring references but they are not necessary at the viewing, have them in electronic format so you can asap if you like the property. (References would be a former landlord or letting agent written reference, confirmation of employment in said job, length of time is key as the longer you are in one, the less riskier you are)

Then sit and wait, view as many properties as you can.
    You definetely wont get a reply if you dont ask.

Advertisement