Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help chosing cable for robot mower

Options
  • 12-04-2020 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hi,

can you help me chose the right cable to wire a socket for a robot mower? There is an underground duct already in place so I will pull through the cable and put a socket in a waterproof box for the mower power supply.

I would normally but at the counter of local electrical place but now need to buy online....I was planning on buying 3 core round 2.5mm mains cable but maybe 1.5mm would be enough?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Hi,

can you help me chose the right cable to wire a socket for a robot mower? There is an underground duct already in place so I will pull through the cable and put a socket in a waterproof box for the mower power supply.

I would normally but at the counter of local electrical place but now need to buy online....I was planning on buying 3 core round 2.5mm mains cable but maybe 1.5mm would be enough?

You need a minimum of 2.5mm for a socket circuit
    How far is the socket away from the supply
    Where are you connecting this socket to
    What’s the load on the mower
    Will this new socket power anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭touchdown77

meercat wrote: »
    You need a minimum of 2.5mm for a socket circuit
    How far is the socket away from the supply
    Where are you connecting this socket to
    What’s the load on the mower
    Will this new socket power anything else

About 10-12m

Socket will only be used for mower power supply only cos it'll be all sealed up on waterproof box.

I don't have the mower yet so can only quote spec on the product details, it says power supply output is 28v DC i.e. to recharge the onboard lithium ion battery

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

About 10-12m

Socket will only be used for mower power supply only cos it'll be all sealed up on waterproof box.

I don't have the mower yet so can only quote spec on the product details, it says power supply output is 28v DC i.e. to recharge the onboard lithium ion battery

3x2.5 swa cable should suffice,depending on where you’re connecting to. Make sure there is rcd protection on this circuit

Advertisement