Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor socket

Options
  • 12-04-2020 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

Hi all looking for some advise. We got an outdoor socket fitted in a shed for occasionally power tool use.
    Yesterday we got a hot tub but the lead won't reach the socket.
    Can we spur another socket to go closer to hot tub to avoid using an extension lead which I'm sure is more unsafe than a spurred socket?
    Thanms

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I doubt it. I would expect the power rating of the hot tub to be too high for the cable used to supply the socket.

Answering these questions would help:
    • What is the loading of the hot tub (in kW)?
    • What sized cable is the socket outlet supplied with?
    • What rating is the MCB / RCBO / Fuse used to supply the socket?
    • Approximately how long os the cable run from the board supplying the socket?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Here's a picture nof safe electric cert if any help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Answering these questions would help:

What is the loading of the hot tub (in kW)?
    Massage: 0.8kW/hr
    Filter: 0.05kW/hr
    Heater: 2kW/hr

What sized cable is the socket outlet supplied with?
    I can't remember but I think 10square armoured

What rating is the MCB / RCBO / Fuse used to supply the socket?
    13 amp fuse
    30mA 230V RCBO

Approximately how long os the cable run from the board supplying the socket?
    6m approx

Advertisement