Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money Transfer/payment times

Options
  • 12-04-2020 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I transferred some money to my Monzo account some days ago and normally it shows up in a matter of hours, which is still far too long imo. I checked and it’s still being processed, along with a PayPal payment and a Tesco payment. Is there a problem with system at the minute?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

Lwio wrote: »
    I transferred some money to my Monzo account some days ago and normally it shows up in a matter of hours, which is still far too long imo. I checked and it’s still being processed, along with a PayPal payment and a Tesco payment. Is there a problem with system at the minute?
    Hi Lwio

Thank you for getting in touch with us here. 

Transfers made before the cut of time of 3:30pm take 1 working day to reach the receiving account. Due to the bank holiday weekend, Friday 10th and Monday 12th of April were bank holidays therefore payments would not be processed. 

The funds should be available in the Monzo account today. 

We hope this helps and if there is anything further we can help with, please feel free to get in touch.

Have a nice day and take care.

Thanks, 
    Megan 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

Hi Lwio

Transfers made before the cut of time of 3:30pm take 1 working day to reach the receiving account. Due to the bank holiday weekend, Friday 10th and Monday 12th of April were bank holidays therefore payments would not be processed. 

We hope this helps and if there is anything further we can help with, please feel free to get in touch.

Thanks, 
    Megan 

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lwio

Hi Lwio

Thanks, 
    Megan 

Thank you for the reply.
    I just would like to respectfully comment that the bank being closed for electronic money transfer for four days in 2020 is quite frankly ridiculous.That is the best part of a week no one with a boi account can transfer money. I would suggest that the bank drags itself into the 21st century and enables 24/7 electronic banking 365 days a year. Customers expect nothing less.
    Thank you again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

Hi Lwio

Thanks, 
    Megan 

Thank you for the reply.
    I just would like to respectfully comment that the bank being closed for electronic money transfer for four days in 2020 is quite frankly ridiculous.That is the best part of a week no one with a boi account can transfer money. I would suggest that the bank drags itself into the 21st century and enables 24/7 electronic banking 365 days a year. Customers expect nothing less.
    Thank you again.
    Just FYI, Good Friday and Easter Monday were EUR clearing bank holidays and it was not possible to transfer EUR anywhere during this time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi Lwio,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We’re sorry you feel this way. We’ll be sure to pass your comments on to the relevant team team.

Thanks,
    Richard.

• Advertisement
Advertisement