Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a Blue Screen Error Caused by RTKVHD64.sys

Options
  • 12-04-2020 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭

I know well it's Realtek causing it, I just don't know why.

How should I go about fixing this?

Ic6c-CSGVOOeWhAK115qyXjnODNUohnSsYaZ0ObedDUbNlVbgtVtoxa7J0vyX1Ow0qvj8b9qIoA-k-iwRanN_xqJKE1jOlIztoL-kYGyq0AsddaCCIN1TpSWbAe0XGv3nTWeBSIay8CF-afi5CONUSalaeqMACHv0ZpH7g--N4NlU3PYz_WKGIuO-TXk7Q4KDncCafzp_vqLH2JI_tE-eXzbNkwXS5fxA4-rRhJj51uO6jLb-W3rx7Jn0boFSmb_t3jQPh-JtPt9OZQ7yj9VYBInlrsRt5aQtxUfmjauVBhWzGqm9kdy28BAkUW2hiz9cyG9GGPIenaU1p5x4b34dUtD1n1ay8z4BJTuA3asXVM-FkiihYJJDTapJEHqv99FBPlm2QpJUHED4jenFIhZpeBliwaP5hgCII9HI7XWg3DcoAKD_SGzd2srXSEyamKHvhWOcbNtD9DbZ-kngYkZEdBbvlYmxD4K7Yq-HT_VK7nXT4_pz-Cvf-VeOcACEB-29YeruPcwF8y-LdmCbST5-O_qQ5qjWWnhoI5gQ8Z2CLGK2v7F6ODBpbtMVw7mtE0p7B5M8jv4_4UaznhpxWP7F67bMF5j0xuS4ajo0wvrYm6sw0iIahis2mQxkw9bkRZYK1PXf6Uv5nYiDfCym5ODnv1tA7l9RkPZ7D0CbK2xWugvWPzYJyciVqmp_tPC=w929-h937-no

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Start in safe mode and remove or roll back the realtek drivers. Restart in normal mode and check if issue is resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

That's another thing, actually.

I had a look at my audio drivers, and they are listed as follows;
    • Elgato Sound Capture
    • Game Capture HD60
    • NVidia High Definition Audio
    • NVidia Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)
    • Realtek(R) Audio
    • Realtek(R) Audio
    • Sound Blaster Audio Controller

The Elgato, HD60, NVIDIA HD Audio -- I know what they're used for. I'm also guessing that the WDM is somehow connected to the NVIDIA HD Audio as well in some way -- those aren't an issue for me.

It's the two Realtek(R) Audio devices that's what's puzzling me.

The Sound Blaster Audio Controller comes from my second sound card that I haven't really used yet. (I'm using a TV, so HDMI is my audio source).

Basically, I don't know what Realtek needs to be there for, and I think I tried to uninstall Realtek before, but then it went ahead and reinstalled a driver without my say-so, automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

It's most likely the sound card of your motherboard. Have a look in BIOS and see if it is, and maybe disable it, if you never use it.

Advertisement