Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No sound through Steam?

Options
  • 12-04-2020 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭

Wasn't sure where the best place to ask this...

I have a headphone sound issue. I cannot hear any audio through my headphones when I start a game on Steam or try to watch YouTube or Netflix.

I don't believe this is an issue with the headset as I can hear sound perfectly when using Spotify, playing a game on GOG or even watching a video through the Steam app.

This only occurred yesterday so I'm not sure what I did to potentially cause this.

Everything is still being recognised in the Windows Sound Settings control panel, i.e. the microphone is responding to inputs as are the headphone speakers when using Spotify for example.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭pillphil

I had to disable mic input in windows audio settings to get sound through my bluetooth headset. Didn't find a proper fix for it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

No luck with that unfortunately. Meant to add, the headset is just USB.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

In the system tray double left click the sound icon and make sure the headset is set as output.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Tried that too and all seems well but I think I am narrowing it down.

YouTube & Netflix work through Internet Explorer so I think it's a Chrome issue.

The Steam side of things is a bit stranger though. The only game I checked before posting was F1 2019 however I just checked some other games and they work fine! I might just reinstall F1 and try figure out the Chrome issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

Just a thought. When You start a game, check Volume mixer, sometimes Win tends to mess outputs for just one app. Like, move sound output for steam from one output to another.

• Advertisement
Advertisement