Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rainwater project pump issue.

• 12-04-2020 1:57pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

over the last two years, I setup a rainwater collecting system beside the garage.
    two 1000L ibc's with filters etc.
    If feeds two outside taps, and the washing machine & d/s toilet (if needed).

Pre-filtered water comes from the ibc's into the garage, through an on-demand shower pump, then through a filter and out to the taps. Taps get turned on and the pump should kick in.

First pump I got (watermaill) worked ok, as in the trigger/replay in the pump(on demand) could be adjusted but that pump housing split.
    Second pump (on demand shower) Stuart pump is metal body but it's not sensitive enough to turn on when a tap is turned on, and cannot be adjusted.

So any ideas of a setup or different style pump to use ?
    High pressure is not needed- water is mainly used for washing cars/bikes/patio, but would prefer it to be on demand and not an on/off switch.
    just don't like using clean drinking water to wash a car.

thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Nutty Nutritionist

I'm also interested in this information as I am currently looking in to water tanks. Would you mind letting me know where you purchased your tank and filters pls?

Advertisement