Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Q connection to sony DVD DZ280 sound system

• 12-04-2020 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I have a wall mounted samsung tv with one hdmi and 2no. Scart leads chased into the wall all brought back to a unit which has my Sky Q box and a sony DVD DAV-DZ280 surround sound system. With exception of sky Q box all is about 10yrs old hence at the time hdmi was just released and scart was still very popular. 

Previously my then sky + box was connected direct to the tv using the hdmi, with one scart from sky + to Sony dvd player, and then from dvd player to tv with the scart hidden in then wall. Dvd played with scart quality and sky+ had hdmi. Everything worked fine, surround sound worked for both dvd and sky, simply just change the source setting on samsung tv from scart to hdmi to get the relevant picture.

About 2years ago, I upgraded to a sky Q box and since then, sky Q programmes are on tv speakers only as I cannot get connection from sky Q to sony dvd player to make use of the surround sound. I see the topic on use of a digital to analogue convertor but am still unsure if I can connect this to the sony sound system. 

I thought if I could get back to something similar to what I had with the previous sky + box where I used the scart connection, (if it worked in the past it might work now!) but I dont know what's needed.

If anyone had any advise or could steer me in the right direction if you solved this matter without needing to upgrade the sound system complete it would be much appreciated.

Advertisement