Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much is this all going to cost and who will pay for it ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I wonder will they consider upping tax for low paid workers?

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/personal-finance/low-income-worker-ireland-has-smallest-tax-burden-for-low-paid-1.3633502

Or will they go for the high paid? Or corporations?

Or will it be the old reliable middle incomers hit again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

I’m not quite sure that’s the real story here save for a couple of refugees.

Taking aside the refugees etc,

A person who qualifies for social housing is earning minimum wage or earning unemployment from the state (€200per week ish)

Believe me I’m no fan of the lower end of society who ...in general...contribute very little if anything to society, but I’m not sure that those people are to blame for the ineptitude of the people making the decisions, if you are to direct your ire, I would suggest you do so at the civil servants that are making the decisions and causing the remainder of the country to get further and further into debt, without an apparent care for financial prudence, money is wasted and spent hand over fist with the assumption that we can sort it out once this pandemic is over.

So it isn’t the scroungers on benefits who are to blame ...its the civil servants making the decisions to spend millions on items which may not be the best use of public funds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭Allinall

I wonder will they consider upping tax for low paid workers?

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/personal-finance/low-income-worker-ireland-has-smallest-tax-burden-for-low-paid-1.3633502

Or will they go for the high paid? Or corporations?

Or will it be the old reliable middle incomers hit again...

It will be all across the board.

Will have to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Allinall wrote: »
    It will be all across the board.

Will have to be.

Yeah seems fair, which is exactly why it won't happen. Middle earners will get screwed as they always have and always will.

The government taxes already taxed money all the time. They wont go after savings but they'll probably go after private pensions again even though this is a terrible long term strategy.

They won’t do that either. This was bad political timing. Once pup payments are reduced and the economy recovers is there any need for tax rises anyway? This isn’t 2008. We could barely borrow then. Money is virtually free these days.

growleaves wrote: »
    I'm not sure that the 'We are the people who pay for everything' spiel is justified in this instance since these work-from-homers were demanding that other lines of work be shut down and businesses barred from trading.

I’m confused as how you know who was agitating for what.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Taking aside the refugees etc,

A person who qualifies for social housing is earning minimum wage or earning unemployment from the state (€200per week ish)

Believe me I’m no fan of the lower end of society who ...in general...contribute very little if anything to society, but I’m not sure that those people are to blame for the ineptitude of the people making the decisions, if you are to direct your ire, I would suggest you do so at the civil servants that are making the decisions and causing the remainder of the country to get further and further into debt, without an apparent care for financial prudence, money is wasted and spent hand over fist with the assumption that we can sort it out once this pandemic is over.

So it isn’t the scroungers on benefits who are to blame ...its the civil servants making the decisions to spend millions on items which may not be the best use of public funds.

Tbf, 200 a week is not what they get. They get housing/rent supplement etc too and other benefits. Someone could be earning 500 a week and half that going on rent and worse off than someone on social welfare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

I can't see the Gov increasing the upper bracket of 40% tbh. Paschal has hinted at 'broadening the tax base'... we all know what that means!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,945 ✭✭✭growleaves

I’m confused as how you know who was agitating for what.

I'm clairvoyant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

titan18 wrote: »
    Tbf, 200 a week is not what they get. They get housing/rent supplement etc too and other benefits. Someone could be earning 500 a week and half that going on rent and worse off than someone on social welfare.

But again its not their fault, it is the media for pushing a constant need to protect the "vulnerable" (and for the record I would love to protect genuine vulnerable) and most of all weak politicians who feel they can buy kudos, creating a welfare dependence.

FG told us they were "for those who get up early". This is a lie

• Advertisement

Well I’m certain I’m doing it wrong then, if you know how someone can qualify for €500per week, please post it, or PM me, with this pandemic I qualify for €150.70 per week (have been out of work since last March ....with occasional returns to work throughout the last year) .... but my unemployment benefit is €150.70, my wife works part time earning 6k a year and we have 2 kids.

It’s not been easy for the past year ...life is massively changed, I can no longer make a purchase without considering its impact on our family budget, we no longer eat out, meals are planned and batch cooking is necessary, we eat a lot of spaghetti/pasta based meals and every cent is counted.

As I have said though, the people making the decisions and getting this entire country into more and more debt are the civil servants ....not the bottom of the societal chain claiming everything the government is offering.

Edit: I should add that we have been lucky enough to receive anonymous donations from charities and through our church and family have assisted financially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Well I’m certain I’m doing it wrong then, if you know how someone can qualify for €500per week, please post it, or PM me, with this pandemic I qualify for €150.70 per week (have been out of work since last March ....with occasional returns to work throughout the last year) .... but my unemployment benefit is €150.70, my wife works part time earning 6k a year and we have 2 kids.

It’s not been easy for the past year ...life is massively changed, I can no longer make a purchase without considering its impact on our family budget, we no longer eat out, meals are planned and batch cooking is necessary, we eat a lot of spaghetti/pasta based meals and every cent is counted.

As I have said though, the people making the decisions and getting this entire country into more and more debt are the civil servants ....not the bottom of the societal chain claiming everything the government is offering.

Edit: I should add that we have been lucky enough to receive anonymous donations from charities and through our church and family have assisted financially.

I think you took me up wrong.

Let's say 200 a week, add on rent supplement/free housing which is pretty much the equivalent of about 250 a week for someone working on what they can be paying.

So someone working earning 500 a week can be getting taxed on that, paying rent with it, commuting costs, maybe they have crèche/babysitting fees they're paying in order to go out to work.

Imo that person ends up a lot worse off than someone on social welfare just for working.

Also, I agree the issue is the politicians, but there is a bit of blame on some of the very long term welfare recipients and the likes of the ones who'll have 6-7 kids just to get a house.

“So it isn’t the scroungers on benefits who are to blame ...its the civil servants making the decisions to spend millions on items which may not be the best use of public funds.”

I think in this situation, a lot of the time it’s actually both government and the scroungers who are to blame. The notion that someone can have the state provide all for them without contribution is vomit inducing but the bowing to public pressure on the matter is just as sickening. But the reality is there are a many folk on this island who have every single thing provided for them by the state and believe that is the way it should be.

This is a totally different situation. You have rightly pointed out something very concerning here. You have contributed, your wife has contributed and you somehow have fallen into the trap of people who earn enough to get by but not just enough to get support where it’s deserved. That is what irks me the most is the people who contribute get absolutely sweet nothing back for the privilege of working. So maybe you’re right, the civil servants are definitely to be apportioned blame on that part, but it is a two way street. Those who take all get all. But I would definitely be appealing your amounts if I was honest. Something just doesn’t seem too right there.

I think you took me up wrong.

Let's say 200 a week, add on rent supplement/free housing which is pretty much the equivalent of about 250 a week for someone working on what they can be paying.

So someone working earning 500 a week can be getting taxed on that, paying rent with it, commuting costs, maybe they have crèche/babysitting fees they're paying in order to go out to work.

Imo that person ends up a lot worse off than someone on social welfare just for working.

Also, I agree the issue is the politicians, but there is a bit of blame on some of the very long term welfare recipients and the likes of the ones who'll have 6-7 kids just to get a house.

But not every person on social welfare qualifies for rent supplement/free housing, we don’t and have to magic up €800ish every month just for the mortgage, I have had to sell off work tools and we have advertised and sold some items from the attic and around the house.

Also just to correct you, it’s not the politicians I am pointing the finger at, it’s the people making the decisions, the civil servants who tell the politicians what decisions to make...those are the people who are putting every single person in huge debt and not a single one of them will ever get admonished for any wastage of public funds.

But not every person on social welfare qualifies for rent supplement/free housing, we don’t and have to magic up €800ish every month just for the mortgage, I have had to sell off work tools and we have advertised and sold some items from the attic and around the house.

Also just to correct you, it’s not the politicians I am pointing the finger at, it’s the people making the decisions, the civil servants who tell the politicians what decisions to make...those are the people who are putting every single person in huge debt and not a single one of them will ever get admonished for any wastage of public funds.

Its both. Many a politician hiding behind "it was in the Programme for Government" at the moment.

No party wants to distinguish between genuine vulnerable or unfortunate and those long term unemployed who contribute nothing. Easier to pay them off then tackle the problem.

But look there is waste everywhere, easier to squeeze those who pay for it then try tackle this and make difficult decisions

Its both. Many a politician hiding behind "it was in the Programme for Government" at the moment.

No party wants to distinguish between genuine vulnerable or unfortunate and those long term unemployed who contribute nothing. Easier to pay them off then tackle the problem.

But look there is waste everywhere, easier to squeeze those who pay for it then try tackle this and make difficult decisions

I agree there is waste everywhere but when multiple millions are being wasted and without recourses difficult to accept.

With respect to the vulnerable and unfortunate and long term unemployed it’s easy to find the long term unemployed through medical illness and those genuinely seeking work and those who will do nothing to help themselves, I believe society should work on a contribute to benefit scale, allowing for everyone who contributes to qualify for payments from the state, those that break the laws of the state shouldn’t qualify for state benefits or should receive less benefits.... of course, I may be wrong in my opinion but it would help weed out those genuinely in need of help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,878 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Did I not just hear the GPs are getting 120e a shot for the vaccine?

25 dose + 25 dose + 10 admin = 60 per person

UK is GBP 12.58 + 12.58 = GBP 25.16 per patient / approx 30 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,878 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

JPup wrote: »
    There's nothing incompatible between what Leo said in that article and the comments from Pascal Donohue in the original post. Pascal is saying that the deficit will need to come down, which it will naturally when the economy opens up. No need to increase tax rates necessarily, the government tax take will increase significantly just by getting people back to work.

Yes, of course the fiscal deficit must fall.

Yes, hopefully what you describe will happen - a strong recovery will increase tax receipts, and drive down welfare spending, so the deficit will fall without the need for tax increases.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭blackvalley

Ah chillax. I'm a frontline worker of sorts who has also lost money. I'm more referring to all the folk working from home, time for them to pull on the green jersey

I’m perfectly relaxed but thanks all the same. Not nice to hear that anyone has lost money especially frontline staff.
    Glad you clarified that you would be prepared to dip into the savings of those forced to work from home though.
    I suppose you could call it “ equalising the suffering “

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭JPup

Irish GDP growth for 2020 published by the CSO at plus 3.4%. Absolutely no need for austerity or any increase in tax rates at the next budget except for carbon taxes which is for environmental reasons. The government’s financial health is multitudes better now than in 2009.

Irish GDP growth for 2020 published by the CSO at plus 3.4%. Absolutely no need for austerity or any increase in tax rates at the next budget except for carbon taxes which is for environmental reasons. The government’s financial health is multitudes better now than in 2009.

GDP is not a true measure of our economy. Do you remember the 'Leprechaun economics' label from a few years ago? Growth of almost 21% I believe was the figure.

The point stands: the Irish government's finances are in a healthy position and it won't need to raise tax rates at the next budget, or any of the next two or three, unless the situation gets significantly worse than it is now. i.e. a new Covid variant comes out that the vaccines have no effect on and we are back to square one. Barring that, we're ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

GDP is not a true measure of our economy. Do you remember the 'Leprechaun economics' label from a few years ago? Growth of almost 21% I believe was the figure.

Higher I think.

I think the central bank released a paper a few weeks ago, Irish economy is more closely like the 8th richest in Europe. That is still incredible given our history and the wealth in the EU but it is a bit more humbling than the oft worn 'we're the second richest country in the world' that is repeated again and again.

I don't know, the international global system is delicate and Ireland is at the mercy of any headwinds that blow it off course. There's going to be bigger issues down the road after the pandemic, I don't think we can say with any certainty that Ireland will be okay.

It does raise moral questions about the nature of debt and how effectively first world countries can just print and print while poor countries are saddled with the burden of debt. When it happens in the first world, it's like 'Oh it's a once in a lifetime pandemic, printing press goes brrrr' but when it's a colonised country debt becomes 'real' and must be paid back, all the while compounding making it an impossible task.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,842 ✭✭✭✭kippy

The point stands: the Irish government's finances are in a healthy position and it won't need to raise tax rates at the next budget, or any of the next two or three, unless the situation gets significantly worse than it is now. i.e. a new Covid variant comes out that the vaccines have no effect on and we are back to square one. Barring that, we're ok.

Yeah, you see, I don't believe that too be true.
    Most of what might save us from some serious pain this time round is the fact that most of the world is in a similiar boat.

Mid term though we have some serious issues facing us and no real plan to deal with them (that doesn't involve keeping kicking things down the road)

Your point doesn't stand. GNP is not a true measure of our economy. We are overly reliant on the MNC sector for taxes yet an industry that employs more people is closed and will take years to recover.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I saw FG and Varadkar put up a tweet about Ireland's robost economy and how we were the only economy not to go into recession in 2020 and that's when the actual nonsense of leprechaun economics came home to me. You know when something is just a soundbite and you don't know what to do with the information, I could grasp it theoretically but it all seemed vague enough, reality was we are a prosperous economy but when you see a senior political figure masking the very reality on the ground with such a bogus misrepresentation of reality you know its a sham

I understand the need for signalling confidence but I thought this was too much. It was very blatant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,856 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Fann Linn wrote: »
    I wouldn't believe him. Wasn't he supposed to cut USC and help those who get up early in the mornings?

Cutting USC would be a huge mistake, it gets unearned income e.g. landlords

Increase the PAYE tax credit if you want to give relief to workers.

Have you a source for that 5bn because I googled it, and the only result with that figure was a Gript piece by McGuirk...and I'd trust my dog to come up with accurate data over him?

Gript is absolute arse fodder

Whether it's 5bn or not (it is billions though), most of it goes to religious organisations providing health and social services, normally in a developed country these services would be run by the state directly.

Has anyone asked the finance minister if the government are still appealing the apple tax situation or are they willing to accept the money and who knows maybe reduce the debt owed due to the pandemic ?

It was ruled last July that there is no Apple tax money. That case was always a complete crock especially as, if upheld, we would be in effect collecting taxes on behalf of other countries. That is not how corporation tax works and never has been.

if you are to direct your ire, I would suggest you do so at the civil servants politicians that are making the decisions
    ...its the civil servants politicians making the decisions to spend millions on items which may not be the best use of public funds.

fyp :rolleyes:

In Cavan there was a great fire / Judge McCarthy was sent to inquire / It would be a shame / If the nuns were to blame / So it had to be caused by a wire.

Your point doesn't stand. GNP is not a true measure of our economy. We are overly reliant on the MNC sector for taxes yet an industry that employs more people is closed and will take years to recover.

GNP was also up last year if that makes you feel better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭PommieBast

Yeah, I saw FG and Varadkar put up a tweet about Ireland's robost economy and how we were the only economy not to go into recession in 2020 and that's when the actual nonsense of leprechaun economics came home to me.
    I would like to know what proportion of the Irish working population is actually in Ireland. Interesting how much income tax is actually being paid from overseas..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

What I'd love to see is those that are rolling in billions have to pay tax, much more of it.

Artists tax exempt etc.... Ridiculous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,856 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

PommieBast wrote: »
    I would like to know what proportion of the Irish working population is actually in Ireland. Interesting how much income tax is actually being paid from overseas..

Companies with staff from overseas who went home to work from there have asked them to come back in a lot of cases, they don't want the complication of having staff on their payroll who are not Irish tax resident. Anyway the employer deducts it so it's paid from here...

In Cavan there was a great fire / Judge McCarthy was sent to inquire / It would be a shame / If the nuns were to blame / So it had to be caused by a wire.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bosco12345

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    And water is wet

Expect mass emigration numbers from Ireland once Covid passes

As a guy who has just turned 25 I have already started a plan to get out of this $hithole next year. How the government has handled this pandemic has taken the grá I had for this country away from me. Dark dark days ahead here for the next decade and its time to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭PommieBast

Companies with staff from overseas who went home to work from there have asked them to come back in a lot of cases, they don't want the complication of having staff on their payroll who are not Irish tax resident. Anyway the employer deducts it so it's paid from here...
    How many won't come back though? As-is there is already the loss of trickledown (the actual one, not the Reaganite one), and remote working now has de-facto wider acceptance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Pinoy adventure

bosco12345 wrote: »
    As a guy who has just turned 25 I have already started a plan to get out of this $hithole next year. How the government has handled this pandemic has taken the grá I had for this country away from me. Dark dark days ahead here for the next decade and its time to go

Go where though ? Another dark hole

Where are you thinking of going? I'm keeping my eye on a few countries.

What country except for New Zealame and few east Asian countries has handled the pandemic well?

Good luck mate, if it wasn't for family I would be gone myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

The whole World has ben hit with the pandemic. Every other country is going to have huge issues. Would be interested to hear where you are off to?
    What country except for New Zealame and few east Asian countries has handled the pandemic well?

NZ shut the whole country down. They have lost billions. They will also have to pay for it somehow.

sebdavis wrote: »
    The whole World has ben hit with the pandemic. Every other country is going to have huge issues. Would be interested to hear where you are off to?

NZ shut the whole country down. They have lost billions. They will also have to pay for it somehow.

Maybe it more than the pandemic itself. I found the last year has brought out an intolerant nasty side to the Irish people.

The "Man fined for going 5.2km" stories don't help

Maybe it more than the pandemic itself. I found the last year has brought out an intolerant nasty side to the Irish people.

The "Man fined for going 5.2km" stories don't help

That was always around. It was just amplified by the virus.
    It is all built on begrudgery. Which to be honest Irish people are famous for. God help anyone getting ahead in life, the "we will take him down a peg or two" is the automatic response.

Im in no way saying Ireland is a lovely place, as people we have taken the worst part of american culture and made it our own. Just look at the people who logged a complaint to the Garda after the couple rescued the dog and it was on RTE.

I am saying just don't expect other countries to have similar issues. I have friends all over the World, people have been awful to other people everywhere.

• Advertisement

That was always around. It was just amplified by the virus.
    It is all built on begrudgery. Which to be honest Irish people are famous for. God help anyone getting ahead in life, the "we will take him down a peg or two" is the automatic response.

Im in no way saying Ireland is a lovely place, as people we have taken the worst part of american culture and made it our own. Just look at the people who logged a complaint to the Garda after the couple rescued the dog and it was on RTE.

I am saying just don't expect other countries to have similar issues. I have friends all over the World, people have been awful to other people everywhere.

Maybe so but I totally understand why a young person would want to get out ASAP.

Its not just the virus, the last year has likely just taken what they like about Ireland away while leaving all the awful things (house prices, cost of living, incompetence)

Can totally see the merit in a fresh start. As above if I was younger with no family I would be looking into the same.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

As a 25 year old you have an awful lot to learn about the world and a spell abroad will bring that home to you.

From an economic point of view, Ireland, Germany, Austria and Switzerland will come out of this just fine. The one thing that these countries have in common is that they all regularly produce positive balances of trade. And as any Swiss banker will tell you, so long as you continually sell more than you buy, you will eventually work your way out of financial difficulties. And Ireland has already done this, at the height of the last recession the debt reached 124% and at the beginning of this crisis it was down to 58%. This compares very favorably with Germany at 59%, the UK a 83%, France at 104% and so on.

As for handling the current crisis, nobody was prepared for this and Ireland did no better or no worse than most. But at least I can’t recall at any stage that the hospitals had to stop admitting patients, transfer parents abroad or dope patients up and leave them to die in peace, all of which happened else where in Europe.

Now you and a few more like you can continue to spout the usual nonsense, the problem is it does not match the facts. But like I say, a spell abroad will soon bring that home to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Huge tax increases on their way.... USC will never leave us and more levies upon levies and anything else they can think up.....

It will get to the point nobody will be able to afford to retire.....

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭MouseMan01

Blueshoe wrote: »
    The Eu can pay for it. Fire up the printing machine. Just don't tell countries outside the EU and pretend we are all getting hammered by austerity. Lodge the money into Paschal's account in the quiet

The EU or rather the Germanic-Franco axis that seems to pull the strings. Is generally hypersensitive to rampant money printing and the inflationary issues as a result.

I believe German hyperinflation during the Weimar republic era less than 100 years ago was one of the main reasons the German people turned to the Nazis.

Maybe so but I totally understand why a young person would want to get out ASAP.

Its not just the virus, the last year has likely just taken what they like about Ireland away while leaving all the awful things (house prices, cost of living, incompetence)

Can totally see the merit in a fresh start. As above if I was younger with no family I would be looking into the same.

Travel is a good thing, I done my years away when young. Just saying ther majority of the World if not all of it has been hit with Covid. Don't expect to walk into another country and not see tax hits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,145 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

MouseMan01 wrote:
    The EU or rather the Germanic-Franco axis that seems to pull the strings. Is generally hypersensitive to rampant money printing and the inflationary issues as a result.

What inflation? And some actually be good, as it would inflate wages also
    MouseMan01 wrote:
    I believe German hyperinflation during the Weimar republic era less than 100 years ago was one of the main reasons the German people turned to the Nazis.

We 're in a deflationary period!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,842 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I'd not leave myself. Am relatively well set up however and I'll admit that is a factor.
    At 25 the only reason I would have left would have been weather related.
    Both my parents left school before 14 and weren't that well off but made sure we had opportunities in education all primarily supported by state funding. Lived in a house built with a council mortgage built back in the 80s. Father left his job as mother got sick in 90, was able to do this because of social welfare.

Granted things are difficult now with housing and health in this country but did everyone who every wanted a house always have a house?

I am also aware that I will need to pay considerably more to have my kids educated than my parents did for us but isn't great to have those opportunities.
    Anyway, the grass is rarely greener on the other side especially if that original side is Ireland.

So as far as I am concerned this is a good country to live in relative to the other 90 percent of the world.

That said I do respect someone who will act upon their convictions rather than moan about the way things are. So if you do move aboard poster, the best of luck to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭MouseMan01

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    What inflation? And some actually be good, as it would inflate wages also

We 're in a deflationary period!

Right. But printing money leads naturally to inflationary pressures.

In other words. The more money people have. The more they can afford to spend on houses, rent, cars, food.

So prices naturally go up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,145 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

MouseMan01 wrote:
    Right. But printing money leads naturally to inflationary pressures.

Once again! Where's the inflation?

• Advertisement

Travel is a good thing, I done my years away when young. Just saying ther majority of the World if not all of it has been hit with Covid. Don't expect to walk into another country and not see tax hits

No, but they will likely be starting from a lower base.

As you say travel is a good thing, at a minimum you learn something about the world.

Advertisement