Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post a photo from Google photos

Options
  • 12-04-2020 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I can't see it in Newbies, is it possible to use my Google Photos account to insert photos into posts?
    Currently using Photoracket, I mean bucket, but they have stopped hosting images for free.
    Thanks in advance

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Are the URLs publicly accessible, or are there access permissions being applied to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

I have the album set to 'Share' under the Options on the album on Google. When I use the 'Create link' on the individual photos and paste that link into 'insert image' on here it just shows up as blank when I preview the post.
    This is the link I am trying to use
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/qneURsW3ZPmSFyvq6

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

hoodie6029 wrote: »
    I have the album set to 'Share' under the Options on the album on Google. When I use the 'Create link' on the individual photos and paste that link into 'insert image' on here it just shows up as blank when I preview the post.
    This is the link I am trying to use
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/qneURsW3ZPmSFyvq6

That's because that's not a link to an image. It's a link, which is redirected to another URL, which is a page with the image embedded.

Only a direct link will do, and it seems Google aren't providing one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

I had another look there with this in mind. If you right click on the image and 'copy image address' it works. (I'm obviously a Motors forum person :pac:)
    Thanks for the help

v0NsmdI2iTUegxWaRY9pCZvtpFAoBEZZtG3jGh9TjhLBg_-HcVsEU5CAgLY_xQN8eVea7ryxY9ApcsSbtsBQGNEbi75qf3AjXZomT2-UEiHLlbzmuKu9lP745VrKX1shDgWLEGIvt-H8JAYPQ8KNcw0-OqHrkX6xltcB5JMCX6AfDuQWALytH3Clj54wABgnJVhO1NjkNtAVapJk_Idv3gEmU3zhBoW64tMNCtNuBFG7qJXTCWruD1qgqcwk3R5yJxsxVw6cTp3WlhA5XA_na-C2BbS2SWZHg3NXFDR5wacAV_9D0KR76d1znhys91pbTZwVnE2HgEsycs7Mjmd-2eJ21hIPVhbVBXfG5hHoAZMkVONqrTI7yGBVGyf99HV5D06WMWnbu1M_F6g5I8E6ecO-D9HI1K9miWN1lz93tIt42RiQAoyl0XNCuodxusU0izFExe7_M_j-sNNcVBYVXniAfUs9qSNw3mSqoT-Of922rj1W7ykhqBUQwzsjL-EOhW00QgL7OhI-GHwdScVFW1pqJxLXVtHHtpcKgjH7Bs7W7JRK7tRgkydXL6v5pmJLLaiRK9fZJgxLH94ApBFzpfonK2FoXFce-mimez9HP7dLZz-abYYRvDAoYrWCR1pQC65IyjJgztgXLCqD6UqGWF-HjUnQ5cMEnCGtwnC_W5Om3yroWAvsbaU5-9biJdgzC9vEEPFjfnoM1wIX4Gj4Ri0HdINYhRaqE7zBzdFuE0kGqILqMk_iauI=w667-h889-no

I checked from a fresh browser with no login, and it's showing okay. That suggests no permissions are being inflicted/enforced, so it should be okay to post those images in future.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement