Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allowed an Old age pension?

• 12-04-2020 8:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭

Hello.
    A quick query if I may.
    An Irish citizen grew up in Ireland, graduated college in Ireland, and then emigrated to USA at age 22.
    Is that person entitled to any kind of government pension in Ireland if he comes back at age 65-67 approx. to settle in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭colm_c

Wexford96 wrote: »
    Hello.
    A quick query if I may.
    An Irish citizen grew up in Ireland, graduated college in Ireland, and then emigrated to USA at age 22.
    Is that person entitled to any kind of government pension in Ireland if he comes back at age 65-67 approx. to settle in Ireland?

Yes if they pass the means test.

Look up non contribution state pension.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

I do not know but i expect they be getting a USA pension and hardly worth looking into.
    I expect it it be greater than ours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Wexford96 wrote: »
    Hello.
    A quick query if I may.

As they would be receiving the USA State pension, then they would very likely not pass the means-test here for the non-con pension.

Advertisement