Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How will schools be able to go back in September?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

GAA is the same.

Question related to school matches but I personally don't expect to take place this year.

Yeah, I know, but can't see schools deviating from the advice of the various bodies.

I'd agree it's all probably moot anyway, hard to see games taking place.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Benimar wrote: »
    Yeah, I know, but can't see schools deviating from the advice of the various bodies.

I'd agree it's all probably moot anyway, hard to see games taking place.

Point being there won't be any matches so no need for requests for lifts.

We would always have asked for parents to provide lifts so as to not have to pay for a bus. Parents generally happy to oblige or get a family member to help. I wouldn't dream of asking them now under the current circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

I have explained this in a couple of posts now??? See my post from 2PM

Really?? The post where you said you could but didn’t explain how?
    It appears that your cleaning expertise is on a par with your furniture arranging skills. Thank you for the benefit of your wisdom. You should apply for a position in the DES.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

Really?? The post where you said you could but didn’t explain how?
    It appears that your cleaning expertise is on a par with your furniture arranging skills. Thank you for the benefit of your wisdom. You should apply for a position in the DES.

This is how. Hope its clear enough for you.
    Additional cleaning of commonly touched items followed by sanitser
    Dishwasher for smaller equipment. Any non easily cleaned equipment removed.
    Fogging of all areas in addition to routine cleaning
    Routine cleaning and sanitstisation

This is how. Hope its clear enough for you.
    Additional cleaning of commonly touched items followed by sanitser
    Dishwasher for smaller equipment. Any non easily cleaned equipment removed.
    Fogging of all areas in addition to routine cleaning
    Routine cleaning and sanitstisation

But you said you could do it for less than the grant. Figures are absent to show this. Easy to thrown down some words with no backing. Similar to the document really. All talk and little SD.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 66 ✭✭Posh Dave

Looking forward to seeing the teachers do a bit of work for a change in September. You have all being swinging the lead since March

But you said you could do it for less than the grant. Figures are absent to show this. Easy to thrown down some words with no backing. Similar to the document really. All talk and little SD.

I must have missed your ideas and solutions in the thread. Can you outline them at all? I did see though that your suggestion for extra storage space for equipment and books removed from the class was to hire a porta cabin. I would suggest looking at professional storage units or empty industiral estate units. Hiring a portacavin for this purpose seems excessive.

I must have missed your ideas and solutions in the thread. Can you outline them at all?

You're the one with the self acclaimed seven months of experience of same. We still await your expertise.

go back to work like the rest of the country. We all got on with it. For example nurses, Garda, people working in shops, prison guards, army, navy. If you have to wear PPE so be it. I have worn PPE for the last 5 months

You're the one with the self acclaimed seven months of experience of same. We still await your expertise.

I gave it but your determine to spend the fund given on mops and make tge cleaner go round with a spray bottle to sanitise after cleaning. Have you considered the repetitatiive strain on Mary's trigger hand?

• Advertisement

I gave it but your determine to spend the fund given on mops and make tge cleaner go round with a spray bottle to sanitise after cleaning. Have you considered the repetitatiive strain on Mary's trigger hand?

I didn't once mention mops. Please do keep up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

Posh Dave wrote: »
    I have worn PPE for the last 5 months

Maybe take it off for 5 minutes then, it's reduced the oxygen supply to your 'brain' .

Blondini wrote: »
    Maybe take it off for 5 minutes then, it's reduced the oxygen supply to your 'brain' .

Just ignore the new/re reg member.

as I said you will get zero support from the general public. Don’t forgot you have being off since March on full pay unlike a lot of people who have lost their jobs. There are a lot of people who like to get paid for doing SFA

I didn't once mention mops. Please do keep up.

But you guess that Mary's training will be a two hour webinar on mechanical wiping? No training on any other sort of cleaning method would imply no other sort of cleaning methods used. Mops use mechanical wiping that might be on the course.
    Guessing Mary will have to take part in an hour long webinar as well on mechanical wiping.

Did you ever read such rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

as I said you will get zero support from the general public. Don’t forgot you have being off since March on full pay unlike a lot of people who have lost their jobs. There are a lot of people who like to get paid for doing SFA

Looks at join date...... Comment now makes sense.

All Eyes On Rafah

But you guess that Mary's training will be a two hour webinar on mechanical wiping? No training on any other sort of cleaning method would imply no other sort of cleaning methods used. Mops use mechanical wiping that might be on the course.

Thank you for clarifying that I didn't mention mops.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

i take it that you are ignoring my comment above, is the fact that the majority of teachers have done SFA since March. Anybody care to disagree with me?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Murple

I must have missed your ideas and solutions in the thread. Can you outline them at all? I did see though that your suggestion for extra storage space for equipment and books removed from the class was to hire a porta cabin. I would suggest looking at professional storage units or empty industiral estate units. Hiring a portacavin for this purpose seems excessive.

Now why didn’t schools think of that? Oh yeah because it’s completely impractical and of no help whatsoever!
    So idea of removing all extra furniture was to create space. That doesn’t mean that furniture or what it was storing wasn’t needed. Putting the furniture, equipment or books in an on-site portacabin means it can be accessed when needed. It’s far from ideal but it’s the best option considering the needs of the school.
    Is it practical or logical to transport it all to an industrial estate or storage unit which may be 20-30km away?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

i take it that you are ignoring my comment above, is the fact that the majority of teachers have done SFA since March. Anybody care to disagree with me?

I think everyone prefers to just ignore the unhelpful comments that are just thrown in by someone who is obviously just trying to stir s**t.

Murple wrote: »
    Now why didn’t schools think of that? Oh yeah because it’s completely impractical and of no help whatsoever!
    So idea of removing all extra furniture was to create space. That doesn’t mean that furniture or what it was storing wasn’t needed. Putting the furniture, equipment or books in an on-site portacabin means it can be accessed when needed. It’s far from ideal but it’s the best option considering the needs of the school.
    Is it practical or logical to transport it all to an industrial estate or storage unit which may be 20-30km away?

See the idea of an industrial unit comes from someone who doesn't have an iota of a clue about schools bit thinks they do. As you well know storage units in rooms are usage to.stoe things that are used. In my own room I'd have sports equipment, art supplies, readers, additional books and copies. These have to be available onsite.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DubLad69

as I said you will get zero support from the general public

I love when people throw this comment out. Teachers havnt had support from the public in a long time, weather it was about a lack of funding, huge class sizes, investment and pay equality.

I dont think that teachers really care anymore if the public support what they are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,362 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

jlm29 wrote: »
    I think everyone prefers to just ignore the unhelpful comments that are just thrown in by someone who is obviously just trying to stir s**t.

And who indeed seems to have set up an account exclusively for that purpose

Just stating the facts on what the general public are think i.e people living in the real world where people have actually have to work and don’t have a inflated sense of self importance and entitlement

Just stating the facts on what the general public are think i.e people living in the real world where people have actually have to work and don’t have a inflated sense of self importance and entitlement

Sorry Jen, I thought it was Ciara.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Leonardo-Dicaprio-Cheers.jpg

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 40,007 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Does someone want a clap?

No just want you to do your job

• Advertisement

See the idea of an industrial unit comes from someone who doesn't have an iota of a clue about schools bit thinks they do. As you well know storage units in rooms are usage to.stoe things that are used. In my own room I'd have sports equipment, art supplies, readers, additional books and copies. These have to be available onsite.

There'll be a massive decrease in the usage of shared equipment and supplies, so a lot wont be needed and wont be suitable for use.

You'll need to adapt to manage without them post covid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement