Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Irish Lawyer to be charged...

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭McCrack

No where there are actual cases are theft/fraud/dishonesty carried out by a solicitor in his or her practice that are admitted by the solicitor or subsequently proven they are struck off. The President of the High Court has been very clear on that.

This particular solicitor will join that list if he pleads or its proven.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

I doubt we will ever learn this solicitors name.

Public record once it's before the courts

McCrack wrote: »
    Extremely unlikely the Dpp office were consulted for 400 eur alleged theft. More like station bail and district court summons will issue shortly from the clerk.

Not when it involves a member of the bar that the investigating Gardai may well have had numerous professional dealings with.

Be very surprised if it didn't go to the dpp and look for the css to prosecute.

Also, if you take bail it means you were charged so no summons

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Exactly. The Spanish lad didn't realise that was the lawyers fee for walking across the road and having to withdraw money for him. Those manssions in Foxrock they live in dont come cheap. Someones gotta pay for it.

With everybody crawling all over the Legal Eagle,there appears little interest in the Spanish fly....I would be confident that there's an interesting back-story here.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭pummice

If you google rogue solicitors over the past 20 years in this country I tell you its an eye opener the amount of them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

mynamejeff wrote: »

There is something eminently ploughable about that skank ho.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

pummice wrote: »
    If you google rogue solicitors over the past 20 years in this country I tell you its an eye opener the amount of them

I'm afraid you are correct there and it all boils down to one thing, greed.
    In any decent sized provincial town there will usually be three solicitors practices. There will be enough work to guarantee them all a very decent income. Land transactions, Wills, Criminal cases etc. I have read of so many cases where solicitors have destroyed long established family practices by using clients funds for property speculation. It has happened with other professions also but solicitors hold vast sums of money in the client account.
    Hooky solicitors have used these funds investments that went belly up when the recession came. TheLaw Society audit accounts regularly and discrepancies are found and are cannot explained. Then the Fraud Squad coming knocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Something makes me think she might be a bit like the fields after the National Ploughing Championships.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

It is a sad situation that with such a fine education she has allowed herself to end up like that. For those who are given much, much is expected. Hopefully she will start off afresh elsewhere as she is finished in Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

youd be at the ass end of a long line of career criminals, travellers and fellow members of the bar ,

she is still around btw , waiting for the next round of charges

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-A few posts deleted and thread locked till I consult with the legal folks. It could be tomorrow but I'll get back as soon as possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod- It seems as if a person is going to be charged so this will remain locked till any and all legal dealings are finished with.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement