Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby seat for car?

Options
  • 13-04-2020 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46,041 ✭✭✭✭

My daughter is looking for a baby seat for a car and given the times that we are living in it looks like she will have to buy online. Amazon and maybe Littlewoods look like good options as she will have to buy from somewhere that is A) open and B) deliver to Ireland.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

As far as I can see Mothercare online are still delivering

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

I cant say anything about the quality, but Aldi have a group 0+/1 swivel car seat on their special buy from today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Uberkids are delivering....use code EASTER5 for an extra 5%.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

• Registered Users Posts: 46,041 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thanks very much for all the replies so far guys. I'll email her a link to this thread and she can check things herself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,041 ✭✭✭✭muffler

markc1184 wrote: »
    I cant say anything about the quality, but Aldi have a group 0+/1 swivel car seat on their special buy from today.
    She went to the local Aldi store this morning but they had none unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Tony kealys
    Tralee nursery supplies
    Bella baby
    Just check they are all still delivering.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭b.c

ive got stuff off infababy.ie fast delivery and good quality

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

+1 for Tony Kealeys if they are still delivering. It's where I got all of ours and have had them deliver more than once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

muffler wrote: »
    She went to the local Aldi store this morning but they had none unfortunately.

My local store had 3 this morning, I was 2nd in the door. The woman in front got 1 and I got the other 2.

Both sets of grandparents look after our baby so I bought 1 for each of them.

The seat is a Mybabiie Orbit

Not isize rated but tested to the specification pre isize.

https://m.pushchairexpert.com/en/car-seat-reviews/my-babiie-orbit-review/

Seems decent.

For our own car we went with a BeSafe iZi Twist i-Size, meets isize regs and passed the Swedish Plus Test.

https://www.naturalbabyshower.co.uk/products/besafe-izi-twist-i-size-car-seat-fresh-black-cab

They deliver and do a 10% off first order so should come in around €450

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭vidapura

Be careful about buying online. Its NOT a certainty that any particular seat will work in your particular car.
    So don't just decide based on price...

We first bought a Britax rotating seat..and it worked grand in my wifes car.. we were well impressed with the rotating bit.

Then we wanted another one for MY car, and I was thinking I'd buy the same one cheaper online

But I'm really glad I didn't, cos we found that the Britax that fitted my wifes Qashqai would not have worked in my Koleos.
    Just, no way, no how. Dimensions were subtly different.. but enough to make it impossible..

By chance we decided to go to All4Baby in galway.

I can highly recommend them cos of their excellent hands-on customer service.
    They can't do it now obviously, but they climbed into the car and figured out what seat was the best fit etc.
    They spent an hour dragging a load of different seats in and out of the shop to find one that worked with my car.

We ended up with a Joie 360 and find it brilliant..

So if I can offer any useful advice I'd say even if you have to buy online make sure to buy it from someone you can return it to if it doesn't fit.

Or maybe see if you know anyone with the same car as you and find out what seat they have... and buy that.
    its really the only way to be certain...

Advertisement