If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rega planer white

Options
  • 13-04-2020 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi there, hoping to order my first TT and drawn to the Rega planer in white. Just wondering if there’s any in stock with you and can you also recommend active speakers to go with it? Cheers

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

tizz wrote: »
    Hi there, hoping to order my first TT and drawn to the Rega planer in white. Just wondering if there’s any in stock with you and can you also recommend active speakers to go with it? Cheers
    Hi Tizz,

Unfortunately we're completely out of stock of the Rega Planar 1 in white.

If you're looking for a great alternative I would go with the Project T1 Phono SB in white at £289/312 euro. This turntable has a built in phono stage so will link with any pair of active speakers (you would need a pre amp for the Planar 1)

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204484-project-t1-phono-sb-white-turntable.aspx?swapstore=1

I would also recommend the Klispsch R-41PM active speakers which would give you the best sound for the turntable! They also have Bluetooth built in but would be the best HiFi quality active speakers for that turntable!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204037-klipsch-r-41pm-black-bluetooth-active-speakers-per-pair.aspx

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 9 tizz

Heya! Thanks so much for your reply. I kinda have my heart set on a Rega, what are the 1 plus or 2 like? Do both need pre-amps? I’ve been trying to figure it all out but I’m kinda confused :)

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

tizz wrote: »
    Heya! Thanks so much for your reply. I kinda have my heart set on a Rega, what are the 1 plus or 2 like? Do both need pre-amps? I’ve been trying to figure it all out but I’m kinda confused :)
    Hi tizz,

The Regas are good turntables but we're completely sold out at the moment and with our store closed due to the lockdown we have none coming in.

The Rega Planar 1 Plus has a pre amp built in but the Planar 2 does not. A turntable won't play at line level so needs a pre amp/phono stage to boost the signal. To connect to a pair of active speakers you would need a pre amp/phono stage in the turntable or a separate pre amp/phono stage!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.