Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for online deliveries.

Options
  • 13-04-2020 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi folks, bit of a lurker here and just wondering if folks have found useful stores for online deliveries. Am looking for some sand for a bbq project, decking wood, timber for raised beds and a few tomato plants etc.

Not having much luck online. A lot of stores are running their checkouts for short periods and then closing them off to deal with excess deliveres.

Anyone found any where worth checking out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

The three sites I primarily use are all either closed, low on stock or have a queue system. Annoying for the regular garden folk but what can you do. It's just high demand at the moment, sorry I can't be of more help.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Timmybauld

Ah same as me self so!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

https://www.tullynurseries.ie/ we ordered from these. Might be an option depending on your location and requirements

I got a delivery from Mr Middleton just a few days ago.

My lettuce has already germinated.

Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭amandstu

Where would be a god place to buy online in that they might not take 20 days to deliver nationwide ?

This is the delay they warn of of the Mr Middleton site (if it actually takes that long I don't know)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Mr middleton are delivering but with about three week delay. Also lots of substitutes in the order, some, like water granules replaces with feed and some granules.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭ellee

I ordered from Tully’s mentioned above this week and they told me 7 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,589 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The local co-op got the go ahead to start supplying gardening goods again.....have you one nearby to check?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭amandstu

NIMAN wrote: »
    The local co-op got the go ahead to start supplying gardening goods again.....have you one nearby to check?

No ,nowhere near here.

I think I might be OK .I was just looking at thegardenshop.ie and they seemed to have what I was looking for.I think some of the places deliver quicker than the 20 days that Mr Middleton warned of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

amandstu wrote: »
    Whtere would be a god place to buy online in that they might not take 20 days to deliver nationwide ?

This is the delay they warn of of the Mr Middleton site (if it actually takes that long I don't know)

Got a delivery from Horkans over a week ago and it took 10 days! Keep an eye on the garden shop. They open checkout every few days just for an hour around 6 so you have to be quick. Think they are due to open checkout tomorrow but this could change.
    Do try and tap up a local garden centre. I only found out a few days ago my local one (small one) was doing deliveries and three was me ordering from Horkans and Johnstown garden centre etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement