Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VPN error using Prime Video (Virgin Media)

• 13-04-2020 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Just a quick one. Im getting an error when trying to watch Amazon Prime via Virgin Media broadband saying Im connected to a VPN but Im not.

"Your device is connected to the Internet using a VPN or proxy service. Please disable it and try again. For more help, go to primevideo.com/vpn."

This works fine when using VM 4g vai my phone but this isnt really an option so it does look like its 100% my router VM 3.0 hub. I called VM support and they were looking to move me from IPv6 to IPv4. Im a bit reluctat to do this as gaming does seem better on IPv6 and I really dont trust their technical support. I need as little changes going on to ensure I can still WFH. Any tips how to get this working? Its happening on all devices that are conencted via Ethernet or WiFi.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Move to V4, their V6 is a cheap out thats far inferior. You should be given a v4 and a v6 but instead they give you a v6 and share a v4 between 100 customers.

Virgins IP space being mapped incorrectly is common. They move a block from CH/FR/NL to IE and then it takes 3-6 months for the databases to catch up to the change.

If you google "what is my IP" and then put that IP into Maxminds GeoIP database youll find out where you currently "are".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

ED E wrote: »
    Move to V4, their V6 is a cheap out thats far inferior. You should be given a v4 and a v6 but instead they give you a v6 and share a v4 between 100 customers.

Virgins IP space being mapped incorrectly is common. They move a block from CH/FR/NL to IE and then it takes 3-6 months for the databases to catch up to the change.

If you google "what is my IP" and then put that IP into Maxminds GeoIP database youll find out where you currently "are".

Its stating Ireland alright. Ill get VM to move me to IPv4 so by the sounds. Its nothing major just very annoying. Ive had lots of issues with VM over the last year and it started to settle down the last few weeks so Im very reluctant to change anything. Thanks for the feedback. Appreciate it

Advertisement