Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

PC subtitles

Was watching a travel programme earlier, and the English host was over in some Asian Country talking in
    English to some Asian chap. It was possibly deemed hard to comprehend his English, so subtitles were provided.

I didn't see any need for subtitles for the English host, but nonetheless they were added.

Maybe the programme comes with subtitles automatically :pac:

madmaggie wrote: »
    Showing my age, but she reminded me of Gemma Hussey.

She reminds of someone but I can’t put my finger on who . Big TA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Scrolling through social media and a video autoplays and the volume is at max level.

TA I hit the "volume down" button and my phone says "Ringtone Volume" instead of Media Volume.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Ellie Golding and her breathy "singing" voice.Ugh drives me up the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

dubstarr wrote: »
    Ellie Golding and her breathy "singing" voice.Ugh drives me up the wall.
    I'll see Ellie and raise you Adele aka Foghorn.
    People gush over her amazing voice, it is the emperor's new clothes: she is all power and no finesse.
    Whenever she comes on the radio I always think of this lady

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

My jaw is sore from clenching, I don't know why I am clenching either.
    Also very hungry and debating what healthy foodstuff I can trust. Porridge maybe?

TA the phrase 'Google is your friend'.
    In reality it should be 'Google is your extremely possessive partner who spies on you, secretly follows you everywhere you go and reads your texts, e-mails and diary without your permission'.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

More like, you're Google's preshusss.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Clicking on the news today and the first two "headlines" I see are "Hogan acted in good faith" and "Vogue reflects on her marriage" - yawn. Wake me up when something interesting happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

In the process of converting a flat at home for me and the GF to move in to, and she is driving me fecking demented.

Measure this, measure that.

"What are you going to do with all the junk and old furniture that'll be left behind?"

"I think we should get the curtains/paint now as they are half-price" (we don't even have the walls plastered fully yet).

"What are we doing with the kitchen floor?. Where are we getting the kitchen presses?"

My good god, it's incessant. Now it's a big step for her as she has never moved out of home before, but still, it's like every hour of the day is dedicated to it. She doesn't seem to get the concept that these things have a lot of moving parts, and you can't skip a step.

It's like those women you see on Room to Improve going around with their hard-hats on the site criticising the builders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

My student has been trying to find some help for a client in an impossible situation, he asked the most obvious source for the help needed(although he knows this has been tried before)

Yesterday he got a low level fo response and was sooo happy with himself as it was such a positive result.

TA, that the vulnerable person is being denied help again and I have to burst students happy head by telling him the company's response means nothing!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The fact that so few places are open for lunch anymore. Yet another thing Covid poxy 19 has ruined on us.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That the bourbon creams I got are the square ones and not the finger ones . Ruined my dunking :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

The woman who banged her trolley into the back of my ankle at the checkout.It is still very sore!

cj maxx wrote: »
    That the bourbon creams I got are the square ones and not the finger ones . Ruined my dunking :(
    Why did they even make those abominations? You wouldn't make a custard cream in a bourbon shape.
    So leave the bloody bourbons be.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭HeyV

Walking home earlier and someone in a car salutes me, instant reaction to wave back only to realise the very second I did it that they were just pulling down their sun visor...
    God, if only the ground could’ve swallowed me up there and then! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 30,430 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

HeyV wrote: »
    Walking home earlier and someone in a car salutes me, instant reaction to wave back only to realise the very second I did it that they were just pulling down their sun visor...
    God, if only the ground could’ve swallowed me up there and then! :O

Reminds me of the time when I was coming home from a run and a postman looked at me and said "hi, how are you?"

I very politely replied "fine thank you and how's yourself?" Well yer man gives me a look that can only be described as a reaction one would get should I have gutted his first born son alive in front of him and asked proudly if he saw what I had done.

Thing is, until he turned his head a little, I hadn't noticed the Bluetooth in his ear and he had just answered a call.

If the gates to hell opened up in front of me I would of legged it in.

But in my defence An Post were just after saying that their postmen would be checking in on people at the start of the lock down and I thought that's why he was talking to me.

I still cringe at the thought of that memory :o

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭HeyV

Reminds me of the time when I was coming home from a run and a postman looked at me and said "hi, how are you?"

I very politely replied "fine thank you and how's yourself?" Well yer man gives me a look that can only be described as a reaction one would get should I have gutted his first born son alive in front of him and asked proudly if he saw what I had done.

Thing is, until he turned his head a little, I hadn't noticed the Bluetooth in his ear and he had just answered a call.

But in my defence An Post were just after saying that their postmen would be checking in on people at the start of the lock down and I thought that's why he was talking to me.

We all do such stupid things at times! :D
    Such stories we have....
    I was in work a few years back, totally normal, serving a customer and after he says ‘ok, thanks bye...
    Out of my mouth comes, ‘ok, love ya, bye’....
    cringe!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,430 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

HeyV wrote: »
    We all do such stupid things at times! :D
    Such stories we have....
    I was in work a few years back, totally normal, serving a customer and after he says ‘ok, thanks bye...
    Out of my mouth comes, ‘ok, love ya, bye’....
    cringe!! :D

Oh no!!! I think I would die on the spot :D

But at least we know we are not alone in these incidences, although they seem to happen to some people more frequently than others :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

...Thing is, until he turned his head a little, I hadn't noticed the Bluetooth in his ear and he had just answered a call.

I don't see why you should feel embarrassed. He was the one using ridiculous anti-social technology, and you were just being a friendly person. As Stephen Fry once said on QI, the telephone is one of the rudest bit of technology. You could be having the conversation in person with somebody when the phone rings, interrupting two humans interacting, saying "Talk to to me! Talk to me! I'm more important!!!". :D

I'm trivially annoyed at myself because, as usual, any time I get my shopping online from Tesco, I'm waiting for the van to come throughout the 2 hour delivery period thinking "Why isn't it here yet?", and as soon as it arrives, I just think "Oh no, it's here now!!". And it happens every time!! :confused::confused:

It arrived this evening 10 minutes before the end of the delivery slot and was unpacked and gone 5 minutes later, over 80 items. :cool:

• Advertisement

Those earth swallow me up stories remind me of when I was in a pub once and I noticed this really pretty girl over in the corner, our eyes met and she gave me a big smile and a wave.
    My heart leapt, I smiled and waved back at her and instantly a look of disgust suddenly spread across her face: her friend had just come in the door behind where I was sitting and she had been saying hi to her :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

Trying to open a tin of beans and breaking the tin opener. Then cutting my hand trying to stab it open with a knife.
    Then going to the shop to look for one of those old fashioned manual tin openers that had the corkscrew. Couldn't find one anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

It's bin day and a bin truck is parked up across from my house with the engine running for the past 15 minutes. It's not even the one collecting the bins (same company), that's currently in the estate behind doing the rounds.
    Ignorant twàts.

I've made so many of those mistakes thinking people were talking/ waving to me (and dying of embarrassment on realisation that they weren't) that I mostly ignore people when out and about now unless they call my name or tap me on the shoulder.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Those earth swallow me up stories remind me of when I was in a pub once and I noticed this really pretty girl over in the corner, our eyes met and she gave me a big smile and a wave.
    My heart leapt, I smiled and waved back at her and instantly a look of disgust suddenly spread across her face: her friend had just come in the door behind where I was sitting and she had been saying hi to her :o

I was at work one night in the kitchen and one of the waitresses had the same first name as me. The head chef goes, oh I love blah blah she's really great. I piped up and said , ah thank you. Then he goes gruffly, it wasn't you anyway. Thanks a fcking lot asshole don't come running to me to shell prawns for you again :(

Time detonated cookies.

I hate cookies, but some, on them newsfeeds will let me have a few seconds reading time
    before they kick in, before the banner/page-blocker; whatever they're called, comes into 'effect'
    after 10 -15 seconds it seems.

Also - truncated stories. Can read a bit, but then have to subscribe.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Time detonated cookies.

I hate cookies.
    I thought you meant actual cookies, the first thing that sprang to mind was, "You monster!". :o Then I thought, how can they explode? In the oven?

New Home wrote: »
    I thought you meant actual cookies, the first thing that sprang to mind was, "You monster!". :o Then I thought, how can they explode? In the oven?

:D:D

I like em too.. The ones with no chips mainly,, Intanet cookies, well :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

New Home wrote: »
    So did I! :D And the funny thing is, even though I don't often eat cookies, I got some in my Tesco shopping yesterday and brought two of them into work. Triple Belgian Chocolate Cookies. I'm munching away on one right now...

Anyway, somebody in a different thread used a phrase that I hate but keep forgetting to mention in this thread or the various 'Despicable phrases' threads.

'To hurt on'. "You can't be hurting on them like that, maaan!". Even my brother has started to use it! :mad:

Like I said before, why verb when you can phrasal verb? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

I'm laughing at all the embarrassing stories and thought I'd add my own.

I was sitting outside Grogans enjoying a lovely Guinness back when we could actually do that (sob!) waiting for a friend of mine. My pint was almost empty and this really cute guy came over to me and said 'can I get you another drink?' He was dressed casually in jeans and a t-shirt and was smiling. I said oh thank you so much, I'm flattered but I'm just waiting for a friend. He looked confused and said eh, ok before strolling over to the table beside me and asking the bunch of lads sitting there if they'd like another round.
    He was the waiter.
    Needless to say I left mortified and met my friend at a different bar. (◍•ᴗ•◍)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement