Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

dubstarr wrote: »
    Im watching slow cooker recipes on YouTube.Most seem to be American and seriously the **** they put in there.

Orange chicken made with bbq sauce,marmalade and soy sauce.Just the weirdest:D

I’m watching Masterchef Australia at the minute and at least once a show you hear stuff like “so what inspired you to pair duck with licorice and banana?” and me replying “cos they’re f**king nuts!!”

TA'd that 1.25 Litres is considered a 'Large Bottle' in a lot of chippers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Christening, communions, confirmations and weddings when they are coupled with displays of tacky wealth. Sickening ****e. Dressin up little girls in white in something that costs alot and will never be worn again, so they can be "married to Jesus". Yes I went along with it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

TA that I was planning a leisurely half day in bed with a serious home-cooked brunch but have just realised I am supposed to be somewhere at 11:30 instead of 2:30.

My day is ruined. How could I have agreed to
    such a plan ( and forgotten it so thoghourly). V. TA

My nice day is OVER and I havn’t even got
    up yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Andrea B. wrote: »
    Christening, communions, confirmations and weddings when they are coupled with displays of tacky wealth. Sickening ****e. Dressin up little girls in white in something that costs alot and will never be worn again, so they can be "married to Jesus". Yes I went along with it.....

I got really enraged at my family last weekend who were all taking the piss out of a traveller girl's communion dress. It was in the traveller style so had a massive hoop but I thought it was actually a really beautiful dress. They just couldn't stop commenting on the hoop and how ridiculous it looked. The child is 7/8 like, stop being mean about her dress. Yeah the hoop is stupid and she apparently did get stuck between 2 pews (ok I did giggle at the thought of that) but she probably feels like a million dollars and it's just horrible to be mean about it.

• Advertisement

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I got really enraged at my family last weekend who were all taking the piss out of a traveller girl's communion dress. It was in the traveller style so had a massive hoop but I thought it was actually a really beautiful dress. They just couldn't stop commenting on the hoop and how ridiculous it looked. The child is 7/8 like, stop being mean about her dress. Yeah the hoop is stupid and she apparently did get stuck between 2 pews (ok I did giggle at the thought of that) but she probably feels like a million dollars and it's just horrible to be mean about it.

I know sone will say I’m a hypocrite but I would never mock someone’s outfit to their face, or where they can hear. Especially a child!!

Yeah there are some Traveller outfits that burn your eyeballs but have some class and leave them be!! Slag them off later to friends if needed!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,961 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

TA at the thought of any parent of a little child in a little wedding dress, probably with makeup on, judging another little child in a wedding dress as being tasteless.

Hypocritical, tasteless twats!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Out for a walk in a local town yesterday afternoon, and there was a Traveller funeral taking place in one of the graveyards. The road that runs along the perimeter of the graveyard is a bit of a bottleneck at the best of times, and there is very little parking on it either.

Of course that doesn't matter to our cultured friends. They parked on double yellows, in driveways and in some cases fully on the road itself. They gathered around the gate to the graveyard afterwards in large groups without any social distancing nor the inclination to move. Tailback back into town of about 1KM due to their inconsideration.

And of course, no gardaí in sight to sort it out. Instead, they are stationed at whatever local GAA venue has a match on, in case one supporter stands 1.95m away from another.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I was checking this thread and the more I read I was saying 'flip! why is everyone in such a good mood, all the posts are so positive' it took me a few minutes to cop on that I had clicked in the TH thread by mistake. :rolleyes:

TA- Conor McGregor.
    Says he wants to box Pac Man now. He will get battered without a doubt but he will make a grotesque amount of money along the way.
    Remember those press conference things him and Mayweather did? Thousands of people payed to come and see the two off them call each other names all across America. It was bleedin embarrassing, now here we go again.
    I hope people see this for what it really is, a shameless money-grab, and nobody pays to see it.

I was checking this thread and the more I read I was saying 'flip! why is everyone in such a good mood, all the posts are so positive' it took me a few minutes to cop on that I had clicked in the TH thread by mistake. :rolleyes:

TA- Conor McGregor.
    Says he wants to box Pac Man now. He will get battered without a doubt but he will make a grotesque amount of money along the way.
    Remember those press conference things him and Mayweather did? Thousands of people payed to come and see the two off them call each other names all across America. It was bleedin embarrassing, now here we go again.
    I hope people see this for what it really is, a shameless money-grab, and nobody pays to see it.

TA at my tired brain that I thought you meant literally Pac Man for a few seconds before my head kicked in with “Manny ....”

• Advertisement

Gervais08 wrote: »
    TA at my tired brain that I thought you meant literally Pac Man for a few seconds before my head kicked in with “Manny ....”
    :D
    That i would pay to see: McGregor getting eaten by Pacman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

TA- Conor McGregor.

I've posted my TA in the food thread a few times. Completely out of context but no one batted an eyelid.

My TA is my relentless headache despite taking two solpadine.

Every single cast member in Friends - so glad these six made pals with each other, save interacting with normal people!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

My visa debit has expired. New one came this week.
    I knew the old details like the back of my hand, could type them into an online purchase blindfolded.
    Although the new card number is the same, I've a new cvv and expiry date and I just did my first online purchase and I'm annoyed I couldn't zip through it like normal.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I was watching something on Virgin Media 'On Demand', but fell asleep for the last 10 minutes. To see it again, I had to play the whole thing! (Including the ads...)

People smashing bottles on the ground.
    I saw loads of beer bottles smashed earlier beside a bench and there is a bin about 10 feet away.
    It makes me so f-ing mad :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

People half wearing masks. Grrrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I haven’t been to a shopping center since January. Some shops are sort of funny. They only allow about 50 customers in.
    They can be two men in the men’s section and 48 women on top of one another in the women’s section.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Baked the wrong balls for dinner!
    Was looking foreard to my curried chicken balls, cooked the chickpea balls instead! tatata

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

I think I might have moaned about this before but it just happened and I need to vent.

I am NOT a fan of car noises in housing estates. It's irrational, I know. Cars need to make noise to go, I get it.

But I'm on about those people who start their car and DO! NOT! F'CKING! MOVE! for minutes!! If you weren't ready to go, why did you start the car?! I also hate the sound of a car arriving into my street, stopping, and staying on.

It's even more infuriating when I'm in bed.

I also hate the sound of people getting out of their car, closing the door, then another door closing, then another door closing....... then another door closing - basically they keep forgetting to bring things in from the car... or they're going out to the car and keep forgetting to bring things out from the house - either way: STOP OPENING AND CLOSING YOUR F'CKING DOORS SO MANY TIMES!

Or people who get dropped off at night, get out of the car and proceed to continue talking LOUDLY before saying bye. You had the whole car journey to have your boring conversation and if you were friends you'd continue said conversation on the phone if you were that desperate.

I can't reiterate the neutral engine sound enough, though.

Like, stop bringing your car into the street and sitting there for a further 10 minutes without turning off the engine. It makes me get up to check out the window repeatedly to see wtf is going on.

Also. Don't beep your f'cking horn you impatient pig.

And speaking of impatient.

I have another TA non-car-related.

IT

If you're coming to my house, either knock on the door or use the door bell.... DO NOT DO BOTH! DO NOT RING THE BELL AND THEN START KNOCKING. I HEARD YOU THE FIRST TIME YOU IGNORAMUS.

*long sigh* that felt good.

It appears you have a real noise aversion. Have you tried listening to white noise, even if you don't have the television or radio on? It may help?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

When we got a new bathroom in last year we weren't exactly happy with the result, especially for what we were charged.

Positives....Tiling on the wall, floor, lighting, mirror, actual shower all quality... so aesthetically a great job.

Negatives.... Shower door and rail cheap and crap, even though I specified I wanted two shelves, one under the mirror by the sink and one under the window, soap tray and toothbrush holder they didn’t put in either, when questioned... “ohhh erm, those parts didn’t arrive, we’ll chase it up and be back”, fûcking parts !?!?!.... covid hits and nada obviously...

I usually take my watch off in my room, 99/100 times but this morning didn’t, put it on the chair in the bathroom, fûcked clothes over it, showered, went to grab my clothes in a hurry but partially grabbed the watch too which then went out of my grip onto the tiles, small indentation in glass at the side maybe 2 millimeters but the watch is only weeks old, not a cheapy and rather lovely...

Sent the pic to a watchmaker friend who can replace it he thinks it seems but fûck that... apart from me being a careless muppet if people just DID what you paid them fuuuuuuccking for grrrrrrrr. Two shelves, not rocket science !!!

TA at the thought of any parent of a little child in a little wedding dress, probably with makeup on, judging another little child in a wedding dress as being tasteless.

Hypocritical, tasteless twats!

Ok in fairness to my family it was my nephew making his communion so there was certainly no makeup or wedding dress! :P

TA for today is dry lips. I'm drinking tons of water so why are my lips still so dry?

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    TA for today is dry lips. I'm drinking tons of water so why are my lips still so dry?

I second this!

Also, I've given up wearing glasses with my mask, there's just no point, they fog up immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

One day I go to wash clothes, nah not enough clothes at all. Next day the wash basket is overflowing and I need to do two washes.

Actual work to do and the feckin system falls over so I can't get into anything from home. Typical.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Depressed today, had a busy week at work last week and it turns out I was worse than useless on an important project. I apologised for being crap, but it's at the back of my mind all day.
    Working from home is grand most of the time but sometimes communication breakdowns happen and misunderstandings too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

My dog died two weeks ago. Even the next day people said "oh get another one". I need time and space to grieve, she was my loyal devoted friend, not something to be disposed of. There is one person who understood, she said ignore the ignorant fools.

madmaggie wrote: »
    My dog died two weeks ago. Even the next day people said "oh get another one". I need time and space to grieve, she was my loyal devoted friend, not something to be disposed of. There is one person who understood, she said ignore the ignorant fools.

So annoyed for you!!! Run over the rainbow bridge old friend!!

My boy will be 13 in January, I’ve noticed he is starting on occasions to slow down (other times he’s like a puppy on speed!!) but I’ve been asked will I get another one!!

Kind wishes to you as you grieve.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

So sorry for your loss :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,427 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

So sorry for your loss. :(

I don't get why people say that. Would they say it to a grieving parent who lost their child or the surviving spouse if their OH died?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement