Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Godeatsboogers

People who wait till the very last second at the till in small shops with only a couple of items when being told how much its gonna be before producing currency or a wallet or purse.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

Road runners who run in the middle of the f****** road and 'some' cyclists who

cycle two or three abreast on roads/country roads. C'mon lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

I was with an elderly uncle on the Luas one time and this happened in the elderly section. The poor crathur (Uncle) had two sticks.. I stared at Momma but was ignored. Then I did something I have never done before, I lifted two year old precious child and placed him onto Momma's lap and Uncle sat down.

Nothing happened, the journey continued and all was well. It's like those fkrs who put their bags on the seats.

Good for you! The bags on seats drives me up the wall as well, I always assume that they had been sitting on some dog shít covered footpath just before they were brought on the bus or train, some people are filthy animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

people singing to themselves in waiting rooms etc

Find it so annoying and the fact they cant sing makes it even more annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Arrogant people who complain about those who work in retail, who have never worked in retail for more than a year themselves, but complain about staff enthusiasm or performance. It's retail. It's notorious for staff having to deal with "customers" who think they should perform to their special standards because that's what they think you're paid to do.

People who slap their food off the pallet of their mouth and eating with their mouth open. I move away from people who do this without saying a word and in work it's gotten to the point if we are sitten in a group, it's obvious who Im moving away from.

People who cut their nails at their desks at work. There have been two who did this in work. One day I had to move desk as IT was up and their desk has a little moat of nails in the corner. Knackers.

The ones who drag and bang their heels off the ground. I don't know how my building was built but the floor reverberates and projects the thumps.

My best mate, a real-life twitter activist, droning on about the refugee crisis and direct provision. He's one of these bleeding hearts. This lad has a 3-bed new build but shrivels up when the idea of him taking someone in is brought up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

PTH2009 wrote: »
    people singing to themselves in waiting rooms etc

Find it so annoying and the fact they cant sing makes it even more annoying

I hate that too, it's so ignorant. If I wanted to hear Angels by Robbie Williams sang badly I'd buy his album.
    People randomly whistling annoys me too and anyone who is chirpy on a Monday morning or any morning for that matter can stay the hell away from me. It should be illegal to speak before 10am.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,570 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

There's a home furnishing shop called JYSK. One opened in Youghal in the former Lidl store. People go there and then come home complaining because it's not as big as IKEA!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭Water John

As Sean Moncrieff says when asked what he wants in the morning; 'peace and quiet'.
    Interrogating me too in the morning, not advisable.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Its the things i do myself that annoy me.

Like leaving the shop without the most important thing i had to buy then having to go back down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I ended the father/daughter relationship with my dad this evening. Ok not trivial but feel like the TA boardsies will understand. Beyond heartbroken :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,296 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

People who use that stupid greeting "Happy *insert day of week*".
    It's a Monday, Wednesday, or whatever. Nothing particularly happy about it.

Ripped pants fashion, not just knees but the rips that are bare legs and fabric flapping about the place. Like a garment fit for the bin. Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,448 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

When to start

How could I forget, the line in airport security. Have to ever been on a plane before? Wait until it's their turn then go through the back, produce all the electronics, the gels, the random bottle of water. Finally it goes through and they set the alarm off because the have keys, phones, belts, etc still on and yo can be guaranteed it will that fame ****er that insists on putting it all back in the bag slowly at the conveyor so no other person's property comes through. A dick full of batteries is too good for em

I’ll have to be dragged out of people in a Q for airport security some day... morons.... the rules are written everywhere... the PA in addition repeats ad nauseam what you should and need to do, every two minutes....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,765 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

The ‘Bake Off’ result. Only caught up there. Terrible call.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

On the bus you have a parent with a toddler maybe 2 or 3 years old in the buggy section.
    Next comes another passenger with a smaller baby, & the bus driver says they will need to fold their buggy.
    They have no choice, so new passenger has to hold the small baby while struggling to fold their own pram.
    While the first passanger(I feel) should offer to take their toddler, who can clearly stand, out of their buggy, & offer the space to the next passanger.
    The toddler would most likely prefare to sit on a window seat anyway, looking out the window & being kept entertained.

Bothers me more than it should:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭boardise

People who stand talking on a stairs or beside a door.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,503 ✭✭✭bb1234567

People in shops who just look at you blankly when you walk up to them looking for assistance. No such thing as how can I help you or even a hello. Then they just hand your item without a word and walk back to their computer..i honestly am shocked by the manner on some people who work in retail. So many decent people out of work who could do a better job.

100% can't get my head around it sometimes. Why would you willingly put your business in such jeopardy by putting such complete drips on the line interacting with your customers. Must be some serious nepotism going on in some retail and hospitality sectors for some of the mauldy sour faced cnuts I've been 'served' by over the years to have managed to get their jobs, because they definitely won't be able to get many other jobs acting like that. Or maybe they are really good at playing up charm in interviews and then blatantly drop all pretences once theyve their foot in the door

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

My laptop only gets used these days for uploading pictures off my camera.

When I do use it I'm reminded why I don't use it.

From the time I got it, it has a glitch or should I say poltergeist. The cursor turns into the magnifying glass and there goes the screen, large small, large small. The cursor will then not do anything a cursor is supposed to, like point and open /close stuff.

Not helped when it always happens when there's abit of a deadline.

Not sure I can justify buying a new laptop, but jesus it nearly got smashed tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,969 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Oh it's great to have an oul rant. Even better if you challenge the feckers who annoy you and succeed.

And breathe out with a bit of success behind you and survive without being killed or attacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,685 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

People who after all their 9.5 million items of shopping that the family of 5 has passed through the checkout act surprised when the cashier says it will cost x amount of money, did they expect there was some kind of special free shopping draw on offer on the day in question?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,503 ✭✭✭bb1234567

I was with an elderly uncle on the Luas one time and this happened in the elderly section. The poor crathur (Uncle) had two sticks.. I stared at Momma but was ignored. Then I did something I have never done before, I lifted two year old precious child and placed him onto Momma's lap and Uncle sat down.

Nothing happened, the journey continued and all was well. It's like those fkrs who put their bags on the seats.

Would you not have just asked the mother outright if she could just move the child rather than touching somebody else's child? Not that I think what did you was so wrong or anything but personally I would be really afraid of how a parent would react to a stranger doing something like that, whether they are in the right or wrong I wouldnt think the potnetial scene/alteraction would be worth taking a chance on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

When I was a kid, I wanted to be a pathologist.

I have to say, I'm not TAd that I didn't end up following that career path at all.

So did I, but on the forensic side of it (thank you silent witness)

I remember my dad commenting at the time "sure there's no point in that, we get one murder a year"

Ireland has changed alot.

But yeah, I'm not TA'd I didn't follow that path either :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

When I see self important drivers who blast at learners even though there's a big L sign clear as day on the car...

they obviously never had to learn themselves:mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

isn't there another thread on this? seemingly harmless things that annoy you?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,448 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

When I see self important drivers who blast at learners even though there's a big L sign clear as day on the car...

they obviously never had to learn themselves:mad:.

100%... anyone who does that is just getting rubber stamped as a grade a fûckwit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

murpho999 wrote: »
    Really don't see the big need for ATMs nowadays with card payments almost everywhere and cashback available too.

Really can't remember the last time I used one.

Kind of handy though if you want to buy weed, unless your dealer has the tap feature. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

People without disabled car parking cards displayed parking in disabled car spaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I haven’t shaved in 6 days. Today, for the first time in 7 months, I’m meeting up with some of my work colleagues (outdoors).

TAd to find that I have no shaving gel.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

I woke up and thought it was Saturday. It’s not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 962 ✭✭✭irishblessing

Strumms wrote: »
    Or the people whose entire attempts to obtain cash with just ONE card is similar to what it must be to a blind person trying to start a 747 might be like.. card is in... more key entries than dialing a Zambian free phone number,, card out, in again, 57,000 more keystrokes, out again... walking away with 20 euros, looking back at the ATM quizzically in case the ATM might want to thank them personally...

Meanwhile you are eyeing up the taxi Q that ‘had’ 3 people which now has 8-10 and no cars, it’s January 1.30 am and you feel like getting arrested to get a bit of heat and a bed for the night.

Ahahhahaha, this made me chuckle out loud :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,384 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I never heard of Chrissy Teigen before but using a dead baby for publicity is about as low as I have seen 'celebrities' going.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement