Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,636 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

When I'm in a shop, standing in line, and the person being served is having a chat with the person at the till.

And after they've paid, they stay there chatting.....and I'm still standing there waiting.

Dont like that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I never heard of Chrissy Teigen before but using a dead baby for publicity is about as low as I have seen 'celebrities' going.

I’m a bit torn on this. I think had she posted the announcement she did, on a black screen - simple, dignified, heartfelt - then yes ok. People who know her knew she was pregnant. No getting hounded by press, let them both grieve.

But the photograph seems staged and definitely errant. That’s what I don’t like.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 962 ✭✭✭irishblessing

That's dem city folks coming out around our neck of the woods. They don't understand how to drive in the country, let alone the correct process of acknowledging random people, either walking or in cars. Remember:

1 finger salute (your index finger) - Strangers
    2-3 finger salute - people you know
    Back of hand up against the windscreen - mates

This thread is great, laughed like a hyena this morning

Courtesy nod to the poster comparing eating to the chewing of an antelopes hindquarters :pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

threads merged

I never heard of Chrissy Teigen before but using a dead baby for publicity is about as low as I have seen 'celebrities' going.

I don't agree with this. People need to grieve how they grieve. I have a very wonderful friend from a very lovely family and they suffered two lost babies. She has shared her story, her feelings, her grief and a few pictures. She wasn't doing it for the "publicity." There is even a day marked on the calendar every year for people to honour their angel babies - my social media feeds will show these posts every year and I always give a kind word and a "love" response to the post. It helps them more than I will (thankfully) ever understand.
    It's healthy to speak up and talk. Don't judge others for how they process their grief.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    threads merged

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...........that makes sense. I was so confused why there was suddenly a ton of posts in here I hadn't seen.

TA for today is I was right in the middle of a dream when the alarm clock woke me up and now I've a headache coz I was in the wrong part of my sleep cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

People who add a PS to an email.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Gervais08 wrote: »
    But the photograph seems staged and definitely errant. That’s what I don’t like.

The photos seem professional rather than a few snaps a midwife took.Given pandemic rules etc seems odd that a photographer would be in the maternity ward. Friend of mine can't even set foot in the Ccome when he goes with his wife.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I don't agree with this. People need to grieve how they grieve. I have a very wonderful friend from a very lovely family and they suffered two lost babies. She has shared her story, her feelings, her grief and a few pictures. She wasn't doing it for the "publicity." There is even a day marked on the calendar every year for people to honour their angel babies - my social media feeds will show these posts every year and I always give a kind word and a "love" response to the post. It helps them more than I will (thankfully) ever understand.
    It's healthy to speak up and talk. Don't judge others for how they process their grief.

Hello magazine had the pics

My laptop only gets used these days for uploading pictures off my camera.

When I do use it I'm reminded why I don't use it.

From the time I got it, it has a glitch or should I say poltergeist. The cursor turns into the magnifying glass and there goes the screen, large small, large small. The cursor will then not do anything a cursor is supposed to, like point and open /close stuff.

Not helped when it always happens when there's abit of a deadline.

Not sure I can justify buying a new laptop, but jesus it nearly got smashed tonight.

Mousepad drivers usually. Update and alter the settings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,268 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The photos seem professional rather than a few snaps a midwife took.Given pandemic rules etc seems odd that a photographer would be in the maternity ward. Friend of mine can't even set foot in the Ccome when he goes with his wife.

I found it incredibly distasteful.

Who in their right mind, after a traumatic experience, thinks its the done thing to do to take a picture in the maternity ward of a grieving mother? Oh I know, celebs detached from reality, and obsessed with social media. The written statement would have more than sufficed. Or you know, keeping it a private matter either.

My two TA's today: 1. I have an itch in the middle of my back that I can't quite reach from below with one hand, or from above with the other.

2. My club have a county final at the weekend, I am overcome with butterflies in my stomach today for some reason. God only knows how nervous I will be the night before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Antares35 wrote: »
    I ended the father/daughter relationship with my dad this evening. Ok not trivial but feel like the TA boardsies will understand. Beyond heartbroken :(

Aw that's really sad. I'm sure you have your reasons and I hope you're ok. Heartbreaking though. Big hugs ❣️

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

No i dont think thats the case.People have a right to grieve how they see fit.

The baby was stillborn,so if they want a professional photographer in to take pictures to help them heal,thats their business.

And maybe somebody who lost a baby and sees them talking and sees the pictures ifit helps them,that can only be a good thing.

Hello magazine had the pics

Taken from her IG?

Music that's barely audible. Either turn it up or turn it off. I'm in a waiting room right now and the radio is on in between stations so it's slightly fuzzy and down really low. I feel like kicking the absolute **** out off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,473 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Over benevolent drivers. You know the type, those that stop on the main road to let cars out of an adjoining minor road.

It causes chaos.
    Last week I was coming out of a small industrial estate onto a major road. I stopped at the junction and was patiently and calmly waiting for traffic to pass so I could do a right turn
    Then a person on the main road to my right stopped and I didn't know why. I did nothing and then the stopped driver started waving at me frantically and flashing lights to tell me to go but eventually got themselves stressed at the situation they created and started to drive off but at the same time I decided to go out and then we're heading for a collision and both had to brake and we ended up with a stand off and lots of stressed drivers including those in the build up of cars that is behind the person who stopped for you.

It would have been much easier if they had followed the rules of the road and they had just driven on the road normally that they had the right of way on and eventually the traffic would have passed and we'd have all carried on our merry way.

I really find it a strange thnig to do and have only seen it happen here.Try the same thing abroad and people will think you're crazy.

Spot on Murph. I would rather drivers be predictable than courteous.

TA that auto pilot took over on my cycle home from town and I ended up going the wrong way

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I found it incredibly distasteful.

Who in their right mind, after a traumatic experience, thinks its the done thing to do to take a picture in the maternity ward of a grieving mother?

There's a charity called Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep that specifically supply photographers for families experiencing a stillbirth or the death of a newborn baby. Celebrities or not, it's the only chance these families have to have a nice photograph with the child that they carried and loved and built hopes and dreams about for many months. For them, those photos can be extremely important in dealing with the loss, and recognising that it was a member of the family that died and not just a medical situation that didn't go to plan.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I think the biggest problem with those poor baby's photos were that they were sold to a magazine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

New Home wrote: »
    I think the biggest problem with those poor baby's photos were that they were sold to a magazine.

There's no indication that they were sold. The Hello magazine article credits them to Instagram, and the text in the article only quotes the IG post, so it looks like it was all just lifted off her feed.

TAd that now that I have shaving foam, am clean shaven, and am about to meet my work friends (outdoors) for the first time in 7 months, it's cold and raining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

TA that auto pilot took over on my cycle home from town and I ended up going the wrong way

You're cycling a plane :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Maybe the money is going to a charity for all we know .I dont know the people from Adam but who are we to say how someone deals with the loss of a baby .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

You dont know that.And maybe if they where sold,the money went to a stillbirth charities.

TA at people pulling woman apart because they didnt act the way they "were supposed to"

And only blaming Chrissy,she had a husband who had a say as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Porklife wrote: »
    Music that's barely audible. Either turn it up or turn it off. I'm in a waiting room right now and the radio is on in between stations so it's slightly fuzzy and down really low. I feel like kicking the absolute **** out off it.

Usually it's only on to protect the privacy of consultations and the receptionist's phone conversations. Has to be low enough that the receptionist can hear on the phone but loud enough that you can't hear them or anything in the consulting room. And I agree, it's really annoying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

That is an excellent point and they do look like pro shots. I feel desperately sorry for the couple but the photo just jarrs with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

People being nice. :)

I was parked on the wrong side of the road yesterday, and trying to get out in busy traffic was difficult. Finally I see a gap coming - just have to wait for a dump truck to pass.... ....and he's stopped to let some lady cross the road!

I hate it when people do that when they're the last vehicle anyway. By the time you've stopped and the person realises that it's safe to go, it's likely more time has passed than if you had just kept going and gotten out of the way.

So I have to wait for another gap, which takes maybe forty seconds but feels much longer. I see one coming - just have to wait for a Hilux to pass... ... and he stops to leave the same lady back across the road!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

People picking over the grief of a couple. It is distasteful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Not a TA but the previous posts remind me of my first driving instructor who used to say...in an old Mr.Brennan accent...'Ya can't be a Vincent de Paul driver givin' way to everyone'...:D

Seven Worlds will Collide

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Usually it's only on to protect the privacy of consultations and the receptionist's phone conversations. Has to be low enough that the receptionist can hear on the phone but loud enough that you can't hear them or anything in the consulting room. And I agree, it's really annoying.

Ah that makes sense..still though, that radio is lucky it didn't get it's ass kicked.
    Another radio related one is people singing really loudly in their car and turning the music up uncomfortably high. I've a friend who loves Pearl Jam and will absolutely blare Black whilst screaming along passionately tapping the wheel. Drives me nuts. He always says - my car my rules which also pisses me off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Antares35 wrote: »
    I ended the father/daughter relationship with my dad this evening. Ok not trivial but feel like the TA boardsies will understand. Beyond heartbroken :(

Sad to hear this but if it improves your life then it was a brave thing to do.

Parents can sometimes be toxic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement