Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

TA'd that there are people who don't consider Top Gun the greatest piece of movie entertainment ever created. it has everything you could possibly want in a movie.

Outside of The Lost Boys it has the finest film soundtrack of the 80s to my mind.

I’m far from a Tom Cruise fan but it is awesome!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

TA - defendants on Judge Judy sponging off their other halves and thinking it’s okay. Grrr!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Watching the Musicals night on Strictly and it made me miss going out to Bord Gais or the Point to a big Musical in a packed theatre . I miss that .
    But while I miss it I am thinking of all the entertainment business and all the people out of work . This bloody Covid actually sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

il-570x-N-1430725442-ixj1-01.jpg

ALL OVER THE

shop-front-design.png

AGAIN THIS MORNING. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,352 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Clutter of an extension lead coming out from behind a bookcase. Needs to be a bit moveable because of plugging things (laptop mostly) in and out. Find new extension lead in Aldi (Lidl?) that is a little tower box so it sits solidly on the floor and plug leads go upwards, plus it has USB slots, tidier in this situation. Busily install it and plug things in, looking good. Internet radio has transformer on plug, so is already upside down. Won't go into socket as lead is hopping off the floor. Dammit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,411 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Stults who dawdle onto Motorways at 60kph

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Boards when its playing up

Double posts :mad:

Double posts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭O'Neill

Cat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

blade1 wrote: »
    il-570x-N-1430725442-ixj1-01.jpg

ALL OVER THE

shop-front-design.png

AGAIN THIS MORNING. :mad:

It took me waaaay too long to get this :D

TA at my blondeness :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,932 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I ordered a replacement strap for my trusty 20 yo swatch watch. All of £3.50 all in.
    Google/boards keep showing me an ad for a €5700 watch .
    You’d think they’d know I’m more a €3 guy than a €5700 one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

This hipster trend that seems to be Banshee Bones at the moment. Yawn.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

People posting fake album anniversaries without checking whether the date back then was a Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Ridiculously high postage charges on small low cost items on ebay

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

An obsession with changing channels to watch with the RTE 1 News (6.00pm / 9.00pm) no matter what else is happening elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

An obsession with changing channels to watch with the RTE 1 News (6.00pm / 9.00pm) no matter what else is happening elsewhere.

I see you your changing channels and I raise you by people who have to watch all the news bulletins in the same day, Virgin Media, RTE X 2 etc.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

A colleague of mine uses terrible grammar.
    Some of her clangers include “I seen...I done...I had wrote” but she outdid herself on Friday with “it couldn’t have went any wronger”.

The rage this induced within me was quite something!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

All the ads on d'telly.
    So noisy and aggressive you feel like you are being pummelled into submission.
    If somebody could invent something that replaced the ads with a silent black screen or a nice picture and a countdown timer that shows you when the show will be starting again, they would make a fortune.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

A colleague of mine uses terrible grammar.
    Some of her clangers include “I seen...I done...I had wrote” but she outdid herself on Friday with “it couldn’t have went any wronger”.

The rage this induced within me was quite something!

I brought the done and did error up with a girl in our organisation and she said that noone had ever said it to her before. 14 years of school and 4 years of college.

Sad reflection on the educational system

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

All the ads on d'telly.
    So noisy and aggressive you feel like you are being pummelled into submission.
    If somebody could invent something that replaced the ads with a silent black screen or a nice picture and a countdown timer that shows you when the show will be starting again, they would make a fortune.

That's why I record everything :D.... Or else pause the TV and go off and do a chore... Anything to be able to fast forward the adds.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,932 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Autocorrect on my phone . It was Salah that scored not salad

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I brought the done and did error up with a girl in our organisation and she said that noone had ever said it to her before. 14 years of school and 4 years of college.

Sad reflection on the educational system

Correct PR.....Unfortunately when highly paid pundits on RTE run roughshod through proper grammatical rules, it’s a beaten docket, I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭wildwillow

I often corrected Secondary pupils. "I did it" to be answered "No Miss I done it. It's so inbuilt that correcting is useless. Several teachers used "I seen" and "I would have went"
    Drives me crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

My neighbours are still inconsiderate d1cks. Talking loudly until gone 2am last night, then again at 5. I'm exhausted and fed up. Now they've been playing really annoying repetitive music for over 2 hours. I actually think I'm tired of being patient now, and I'm going to start doing stuff back. I need to be up at 6am for work tomorrow, so I really hope they enjoy the music I'm going to play from the speaker I'm going to put against the wall. I'll bang along with a wooden spoon on a saucepan for 10 minutes or so, that should be a nice wake-up for them. Let's see how they enjoy getting 3 hours' sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,488 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I got some packed meat in a supermarket on Thursday. It looked good in the shop. I went home and put it on a plate and as I was eating it. I found several long hairs in it.
    On Saturday I got a roll at a deli counter and I got along hair in it also.

wildwillow wrote: »
    I often corrected Secondary pupils. "I did it" to be answered "No Miss I done it. It's so inbuilt that correcting is useless. Several teachers used "I seen" and "I would have went"
    Drives me crazy.

Correct.....battle lost on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I saw a heap of Xmas stuff in my local Mr. Price last week.

****ing... No.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

wildwillow wrote: »
    Drives me crazy.
    Correct.....battle lost on that one.

Good luck to them trying to learn a foreign language, if they can't even master the basics of their own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

The 'recipe please' feckers are out again. You can't post anything without someone piping up. All you have to do is google the thing in question unless it's something unusual. I Can't Fcking Handle It.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement