Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,119 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Having an ear worm like this
    https://youtu.be/astISOttCQ0

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I saw a heap of Xmas stuff in my local Mr. Price last week.

****ing... No.
    It was an unwritten rule that the shops and d'telly would hold off on the whole Xmas offensive until the 1st of Nov.
    I suppose they are so mad for €€€€ this year that the rule has been abolished.
    I've already seen ads, breaking the armistice.

So it shall be evermore. Brace yourselves for the heavy Xmas artillery :(

cj maxx wrote: »
    Do you think I'd click on that and get my brain infested, CJ?
    I'm no mug :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,813 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Every mammy in her family wagon bringing their precious teenager to school in the car just because there’s a little bit of rain out, tripling the amount of traffic on the roads in the morning.

Getting tagged in a FB post about being able to see who viewed your profile.
    I click on the link and antivirus warnings pop up all over the place.
    Bull shut links

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Nice try there cj ;) :pac:

Ta'd the sour dough I got yesterday has mould in it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Nice try there cj ;) :pac:

Ta'd the sour dough I got yesterday has mould in it

Ah don't say that I bought sour dough yesterday... Because you keep banging on about it :) haven't opened it yet.... If its mouldy :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ah don't say that I bought sour dough yesterday... Because you keep banging on about it :) haven't opened it yet.... If its mouldy :(

Ahh this was hopefully just a once off, shocked tbh as its never happened before, glad to see I influenced you in buying it though :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

yammering douchebag in work. yap yap yap yap yap yap yap. wouldn't stfu.

then he activated one of my rage switches when he just decides to talk over me to someone who im in the middle of a conversation with.

so theres me, trying to get important work related information from a guy who's hard to get hold of, and gob****e comes by with his amazing observation.

Me to guy who will be gone in 10 seconds: so can you tell me by what time we need to be fin...

Prick: HAWHAWHAW DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS REMINDS ME OF THE TIME ...

Not the first time this has happened to me, last time was another ignoramus who timed his interuption with atomic precision to screw me over at a vital time.

its the most pig ignorant thing to do, to just blast your loudspeaker gob over two people in a conversation. you're not that important, wait your fking turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

85603 wrote: »
    yammering douchebag in work. yap yap yap yap yap yap yap. wouldn't stfu.

then he activated one of my rage switches when he just decides to talk over me to someone who im in the middle of a conversation with.

so theres me, trying to get important work related information from a guy who's hard to get hold of, and gob****e comes by with his amazing observation.

Me to guy who will be gone in 10 seconds: so can you tell me by what time we need to be fin...

Prick: HAWHAWHAW DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS REMINDS ME OF THE TIME ...

Not the first time this has happened to me, last time was another ignoramus who timed his interuption with atomic precision to screw me over at a vital time.

its the most pig ignorant thing to do, to just blast your loudspeaker gob over two people in a conversation. you're not that important, wait your fking turn.

Hehe sounds like your yammering douchebag colleague is also my next door neighbour. Absolute loudmouthed pr1ck blabbering on for hours about absolutely nothing. He sits with his girlfriend watching TV and talking for an entire evening, then goes to bed (their bed is literally the other side of the wall from mine) and blabbers on about absolute crap for a further two hours. I hear her trying to shut it down so she can go to sleep and he literally bullies her into continuing to engage.

Her: 'OK, I have to be up in the morning, I'm gonna sleep now.'
    Him, 10 seconds later: 'You know what, though, I've been thinking about like joining a gym or something.'
    Her (weary, flat tone): 'Oh really'

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Do people like this just love the sound of their own voice? Can they not be alone with their thoughts, ever? Can they not see that people just want them to shut up and go away?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,135 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Have posts been removed from this thread . I wanted to encourage someone and its gone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,180 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

My TA is the term 'earworm'. :D

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Have posts been removed from this thread . I wanted to encourage someone and its gone ?

Yes.
    My TA is that I've got the Glenroe theme tune in my head for the last 36 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,615 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Adults that cycle with their hands in their pockets. It was cool when you were 10. It isn't now.

People that refer to Micheál Martin as 'Mehole'. First time it was heard, maybe a mild snigger but now it just sounds pathetic and childish. I don't particularly like him but I can talk like an adult about him.

Feels good to get it off my chest.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,516 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Mod

A number of posts made in this thread over the last few days have been taken out and merged into their own thread. Following a discussion with the op this new thread has been moved to Personal Issues

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058119458

Adults that cycle with their hands in their pockets. It was cool when you were 10. It isn't now.

People that refer to Micheál Martin as 'Mehole'. First time it was heard, maybe a mild snigger but now it just sounds pathetic and childish. I don't particularly like him but I can talk like an adult about him.

Feels good to get it off my chest.

Oh that reminds me of one from Sunday.

Joggers running in the cycle lane when there's a perfectly good path an inch away.

It was absolutely chucking down on Sunday and this particular patch of road has a dip and potholes.

So obviously I'm mindful of Mr jogger, but also that I don't hit said pothole and drown the poor fecker.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Stupid ads - I was just watching one of the clarins ads. The voiceover said, "AFTER seven days, INSTANT results."

12364520.jpg

Shute on the internet. I play ‘ words with friends’ ( scrabble) and play strangers all the time . No problems till some knob starts messaging me to look at his dick pics on Instagram. No ! Blocked and reported.
    Look at my instagram account that I have never used . I’ve 40 odd followers ( who knew) mostly relatives and FB friends apart from 4or5 Middle Eastern people with posts in Arabic. No . Bye bye.
    God help any young person buying into that shyte
    Maybe I’m just old :(

New Home wrote: »
    Stupid ads - I was just watching one of the clarins ads. The voiceover said, "AFTER seven days, INSTANT results."

jpg[/IMG]
    Ads in general and the fact there is nearly as much ads as there is shows on d'telly now. :mad:

They basically say to you 'YOU'RE FAT, YOU'RE UGLY, YOU'RE GOING TO DIE ALONE... unless you buy this'

I wouldn't say my other half is a conspiracy theorist but lately he's been spouting a bit of shíte about covid in particular that has me irked and fatigued. And the way he phrases this shíte also TAs me. Tonight at dinner, "you don't actually believe that Trump had covid do you?".

Or, "you don't actually believe that covid just happened when blah blah such and such economy was doing well do you?".

Another one was, "I really don't think they are telling us the truth about how it transmits, what if it travels as an inert blah de blah whatever and then activates when it's on someone else" or something.

I'm sorry...what?? Why? Why would you think any of that? Why would anyone bother creating a virus to destroy the economy? Why would Trump lie about having it? What biological qualifications do you base your utterings about transmission on? :D

Do people not find it exhausting to sift through everything they are told and try to find another meaning? It's a little like those people who are obsessed with "being tracked" and having their phones hacked and conversations listened to. Most of them have lives so boring that even their mammies don't want to listen to them, never mind government bodies.

• Advertisement

Antares35 wrote: »
    I wouldn't say my other half is a conspiracy theorist but lately he's been spouting a bit of shíte about covid in particular that has me irked and fatigued. And the way he phrases this shíte also TAs me. Tonight at dinner, "you don't actually believe that Trump had covid do you?".

Or, "you don't actually believe that covid just happened when blah blah such and such economy was doing well do you?".

Another one was, "I really don't think they are telling us the truth about how it transmits, what if it travels as an inert blah de blah whatever and then activates when it's on someone else" or something.

I'm sorry...what?? Why? Why would you think any of that? Why would anyone bother creating a virus to destroy the economy? Why would Trump lie about having it? What biological qualifications do you base your utterings about transmission on? :D

Do people not find it exhausting to sift through everything they are told and try to find another meaning?

I'll be honest and say I'm kinda on the fence about trump having it.

There was a quote from Boris along the lines that trump and melania will stage a good recovery..... I'm too tired to look (and not overly ars*d tbh) but the word "stage" was definitely used.

I just think he'll be campaigning with a "I beat covid" narrative now.

I won't be losing sleep over it one way or the other though.

I do think it's bonkers that a country the size of America has no better candidates than 2 people in their 70's, but that's another day's pondering :)

I'll be honest and say I'm kinda on the fence about trump having it.

There was a quote from Boris along the lines that trump and melania will stage a good recovery..... I'm too tired to look (and not overly ars*d tbh) but the word "stage" was definitely used.

I just think he'll be campaigning with a "I beat covid" narrative now.

I won't be losing sleep over it one way or the other though.

I do think it's bonkers that a country the size of America has no better candidates than 2 people in their 70's, but that's another day's pondering :)

I wonder if he is injecting himself with bleach :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Fussy eaters on Come Dine With Me. Why do they go on that show? They always give a low score for not liking the food that they barley ate and already decided in advance they wouldn't like. And the ones that make a big deal about it like a child wanting to impress their parents by eating their broccoli so they can have ice cream for dessert. "I don't like any spicy food at all but out of respect for you I'll try this mildly spicy curry you have made." Then they have everyone at the table staring at them while they take the tiniest nibble they can and declare "oh wow, that is the first spicy thing I have ever liked!" No it's not you bellend because you're going to eat no more of it and then go upstairs and give them a low score for it.

Also TA at myself for getting so annoyed by a tv show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Oh that reminds me of one from Sunday.

Joggers running in the cycle lane when there's a perfectly good path an inch away.

It was absolutely chucking down on Sunday and this particular patch of road has a dip and potholes.

So obviously I'm mindful of Mr jogger, but also that I don't hit said pothole and drown the poor fecker.

Theres a road near me that has one of those painted cycle lanes but its a narrow road so if theres a cyclist in it you really have to go over the centre line.
    The other morning some lad decided he'd jog in the cycle lane despite a wide path available with grass verges between path and road.
    A cyclist going down had to actually overtake by leaving the cycle lane . Luckily a following motorist braked. Why jog in a cycle lane?? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

First world problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

They're called trivial annoyances not problems.

Antares35 wrote: »

Do people not find it exhausting to sift through everything they are told and try to find another meaning? It's a little like those people who are obsessed with "being tracked" and having their phones hacked and conversations listened to. Most of them have lives so boring that even their mammies don't want to listen to them, never mind government bodies.

Is your OH French by any chance? I dated a man like this when I lived in Paris and it was exhausting. I found a lot of the people I met there in general were like this - just cynical to the point of being ridiculous and determined to see negativity and lies in absolutely everything. It was so draining. Like, there's critical thinking and not just believing everything you're told (which is a positive) and then there's just being plain contrary, difficult and coming up with ridiculous far fetched theories about absolutely everything just for the sake of it.

Theres a road near me that has one of those painted cycle lanes but its a narrow road so if theres a cyclist in it you really have to go over the centre line.
    The other morning some lad decided he'd jog in the cycle lane despite a wide path available with grass verges between path and road.
    A cyclist going down had to actually overtake by leaving the cycle lane . Luckily a following motorist braked. Why jog in a cycle lane?? :confused:

That happens all the time here in London too. People not wanting to jog on the pavement and get close to other people because of covid, but perfectly happy to create a serious danger for cyclists who have to swerve around them and out into traffic...how do people end up this selfish and clueless?

I also do hate when they use crowded pavements....jogging isn't an entitlement. You don't get to get in people's way and put people in danger because your silly exercise. That's what parks are for. Pavements and roads are for traffic and people getting around to their work and essential business, not for people choosing to do couch to 5k at rush hour on a Monday morning. Go to the park, ffs! What's with joggers and their sense of entitlement to run whenever and wherever they like?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,569 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The people I know who do it all say they prefer running on tar.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

The people I know who do it all say they prefer running on tar.

Here we’ve spent loads on the pavement - it has a cycle track next to a wide pavement and I’ve never seen it crossed over. Yet on the rare times I’m in Dublin I see it all the time - we culchies are well behaved!!

My TA today - one of the Government ministers looks like my former boss and I want to kick the tv every time I see him!!! He’s probably a nice bloke but his face is very triggering!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement