Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,932 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

There’s another effing quiz show on mid day. Just at the time to grab a bit to eat before the school run I end up watching this dung.
    The most annoying thing is Shane Ritchie is hosting , and giving it the London geezer treatment !
    Annoying pr1ck

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

TA - I want to go for a pint literally for no other reason that I can’t after tonight!!!

I don’t even want one and I’ve bottles in the fridge if I did!!!

Jesus but we’ve a fierce rebel streak in this country!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Psychlops wrote: »
    Having done a long & thankfully finished some years ago stint in Grocery Retail unlike you I can assure you the above is true but its true because retail is a very low paid job, the hours are very unsocial & nearly always subject to change, would you be happy with a customer every few minutes asking for something even though most that you deal with you see them in the shop daily?

I doubt it & the snide remarks you get from "customers" that pay your wages is through the roof especially with comments like "arent you lucky to be working in the recession" or that gem "I pay your wages, if i shopped in Aldi etc your money would be down", not everybody is well paid in retail & its a thankless job.

This times a million.
    These people who get this bizarre sense of superiority when they walk into a shop need to take a good look at themselves.

Why would anyone need to be asked how to be helped, can they not just....tell them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,658 ✭✭✭storker

Wildlife programmes that show too much (i.e. any) of the presenters on camera.

Similarly, YouTubers showing game footage who have an insert of themselves in the corner. Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

When you go to connect a memory stick, no it win't go in:it's the wrong way up.
    You turn it over and try the other side but wait! that doesn't work either. Still the wrong way up?

Turn it over once more and guess what now it slides in without a problem. How the...

It WOULD NOT go in the first time even though it was the right way up. Why!!!
    This happens almost every single time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Mooching through the free ads.And i saw something i liked.Read the ad and they want money for it.Not only that its not worth that much,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Cyclists in the dark with no lights.
    Cyclists and cars with obnoxiously bright lights.

Watching Masterchef Australia and I’m f**king ravenous!!!!

When you go to the supermarket to get a special offer. It is all you want but the bleedin shelf is empty :mad:
    Now you have two choices
    1 Buy a full-price equivalent product (if it's available).
    2 Piss off home empty handed feeling pissed off about your wasted trip.

There is actually a third option if you're in one of the German shops: buy something you don't really need/want just so you can exit the shop without feeling guilty. The cute hoors have it set up very clever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

When you go to the supermarket to get a special offer. It is all you want but the bleedin shelf is empty :mad:

Or when it's a 2 for 1, or buy one get one free offer but they only have 1 left :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 253 ✭✭Xtrail14

When you go to connect a memory stick, no it win't go in:it's the wrong way up.
    You turn it over and try the other side but wait! that doesn't work either. Still the wrong way up?

Turn it over once more and guess what now it slides in without a problem. How the...

It WOULD NOT go in the first time even though it was the right way up. Why!!!
    This happens almost every single time!
    If there was hair in it you would get it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Penney's and their mad sizing.Bought 2 things in the same size.One fits perfectly,the other won't go on me.Now I have to bring it back.

dubstarr wrote: »
    Penney's and their mad sizing.Bought 2 things in the same size.One fits perfectly,the other won't go on me.Now I have to bring it back.

Their "New and improved" sizing is anything but.

There was a time you could grab your size and go.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I've posted before about my trials and tribulations with buying large quantities of milk in the supermarket, but a new TA chapter has opened.

I buy 12 one litre tetra pack cartons at a time.

If you put them all up on the belt, they give out that they have to move/scan them all, and tell you that next time you should just put one up, leave the rest in the trolley, and tell them how many you have.

If you just put one up, they invariably don't hear you say how many you have in the trolley, and get annoyed when they just scan the one and throw it down to the bagging area, and they have to get it back and scan it again as a multiple item (or scan it 11 individual times, like happened last time).

Anyway, today I put the one carton on the belt, have the other 11 fully visible in the child seat in the trolley, loudly acclaim that I have 12 cartons in total before she scans the one. Instead of scanning it, she comes out from the till and her protective shield with this handheld scanner, over to my trolley, loudly tells me to stand back, and starts counting and scanning the cartons in the trolley.

She gets to 11 and admonishes me "You don't have 12!". I say "Yeah, but there's another one on the belt!", and she goes "Why did you leave one there?". "Because I keep getting told to just put one there and tell you how many I have". She goes "No, no, no. You don't do that. We have this new scanner. You're supposed to leave them ALL in the trolley, and we'll come out and scan them". I'm like "Will you stop changing how I buy milk?!?"

TAd they've actually found a way to make their impossible process even more complicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,488 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When people try and make you feel guilty by buying something by talking about Charites and the homeless!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

There should be a special place in hell for people who double park outside a parking space.

I mean, how does that even enter their thinking? Sure we all know they'll 'only be a minute', and they probably think they're doing someone a favour by not double parking outside them, but now they're not only blocking the street, they're blocking someone else getting off the street too!

Last week some muppet in a Merc did this outside my house. He wasn't in the car when I got back, and the town was busy so I spent a while cruising up and down looking for parking, and still double parked when I eventually got parked and went into the house. So a lot more than five minutes. Even if you do it slowly and carefully, it would take less than twenty seconds to park the ****ing thing and not cause a jam on the street! And there's a space right there!

For bonus muppet points he was parked so close to my neighbour's car behind him I doubt if she'd have been able to get out either. So one space blocked, one car blocked in, and the whole street down to one lane because this ****'s too lazy to park....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I've been gasping for something to drink for the last while but kept thinking "I'll go to the canteen which I finish this job.". I eventually went out and the vending machine man was replenishing the drinks machine, and I remembered that I just say him going by a minute before I went out so he'll be a while... :(

I've been gasping for something to drink for the last while but kept thinking "I'll go to the canteen which I finish this job.". I eventually went out and the vending machine man was replenishing the drinks machine, and I remembered that I just say him going by a minute before I went out so he'll be a while... :(
    You should change your handle to Badly Need A Drink Boy :o

I'm trying to order flat pack furniture. I don't want to order it to soon because it will be in the way and I don't want to leave it go to late either.

I'm trying to order flat pack furniture. I don't want to order it to soon because it will be in the way and I don't want to leave it go to late either.

In the current climate I'd go for it being in the way. At least you know that you have it.... "better to be looking at it than for it"

• Advertisement

In the current climate I'd go for it being in the way. At least you know that you have it.... "better to be looking at it than for it"

Yep, now the problem is trying to get my mother pick a colour!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

dubstarr wrote: »
    Mooching through the free ads.And i saw something i liked.Read the ad and they want money for it.Not only that its not worth that much,

The word mooching always makes me giggle:)

TA I thought I bought a mint dark chocolate lindt bar but it's just plain dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Be right back

Changing hoover bags. Dirty, dusty things.

Changing hoover bags. Dirty, dusty things.

TA that I dont have a butter to do my menial l chores!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Be right back

Gervais08 wrote: »
    TA that I dont have a butter to do my menial l chores!!!

Butter or butler?!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Porklife wrote: »
    The word mooching always makes me giggle:)

You do know there is only an S in the difference from smooching to mooching

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

When a name on a certificate has incorrect capitalization.
    A business I am a customer of posted a copy of a certificate on social media today and the capitalization in the business name was wrong.

To thine own self be true

Butter or butler?!

Haha I need a bloody secretary too!!!

TA - I don’t have “people”!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Those days where you are constantly bumping into things or dropping them. I give up today!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭On the Beach

When a once good thread goes to absolute sh ite.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement