Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

The fact that the Republic of Ireland football team can never actually win a game outright and are dependent on draws, penalties, the draw of the other games, the weather and if someone is wearing a lucky jock strap to make it through.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

The fact that the Republic of Ireland football team can never actually win a game outright and are dependent on draws, penalties, the draw of the other games, the weather and if someone is wearing a lucky jock strap to make it through.

Word. As I believe the young folk say.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Hope you're ok Necro!

....my silly ta - the tickle in your throat that wakes you from a dead sleep, in the middle of the night... with the inevitable hour-long throat clearing and coughing that follows... and gag worthy, menthol throat lozenges.

Bronco stop lozenges.
    Terrible name.
    A little bit pricy.
    Extremely effective at taking away that tickle.
    Natural - thyme is the active ingredient.
    Tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Woke up at 3.20am with horrendous heartburn after having 3 bottles of Smithwicks yesterday eve. Took some Acidex and a Losec but I still couldn't go back to sleep :( I'm like a zombie in work today.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,932 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Cousins. Well namely older ones from the US and England. I’m happy you have found something in religion and god. Just don’t try to force feed me with that stuff and expect likes .bloody evangelical nuts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

TAd at companies that use really common, generic words for their products or services.

I'm having an issue with Apple's home automation app, which is called "Home" - specifically to do with a "hub" that I've set up. Google's home automation app is also called "Home", and uses the concept of "hubs" too, and of course, any article or post on the entire internet that discusses home automation contains the word "home" and every other system used also uses "hubs". So doing any kind Google search containing "home" and "hub" to figure out the issue I'm having just returns pretty much everything do do with home automation, and it's very hard to get it to be specific to what I'm looking for.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Would typing -google help? Having said that, you'll probably have to type -everyotherwebsite, too.

New Home wrote: »
    Would typing -google help? Having said that, you'll probably gave to type -everyotherwebsite, too.

Yeah, I can jump through some hoops to whittle it down. But if they'd just given it a stupid name from the get go (iHome, HomeHub, TheTechThatDoesntAlwaysWorkProperlyForPeopleTooLazyToGetUpAndUseTheLightSwitch) I wouldn't have to.

Another option is to burn the house down and live in a cave.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Yeah, I can jump through some hoops to whittle it down. But if they'd just given it a stupid name from the get go (iHome, HomeHub, TheTechThatDoesntAlwaysWorkProperlyForPeopleTooLazyToGetUpAndUseTheLightSwitch) I wouldn't have to.

Another option is to burn the house down and live in a cave.
    Well, that would be a great way of getting rid of spiders, too, but then in the cave you may have to contend with bats and/or bears. If I were you, I'd reconsider. :pac:

Install a "clapping" switch instead! ...but don't watch anything with an audience in it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00I3LUXGO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

buying headphones but not being able to buy a case/pouch for them :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

There's a new meme going around called "How it Started/How it's Going" and it is literally the same as if you wrote "Then/Now" and it's TA'ing me that everyone is acting like it's another "new" trend.

It isn't. Stop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The special offer was all gone again today. Stock your shelves you big farts :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭Poochie05

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00I3LUXGO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

If you click on another colour of the headphones, this case comes up as frequently bought with them, so you could just buy this one separately and the colour headphones you want

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MDR-ZX100-ZX102DPV-Sennheiser-Headphones-Accessories/dp/B00FSRD3FO

I don't get it. There's a compatible case for them mentioned on the page. Is it a shipping/availability thing (although they seem to be in stock and ship to Ireland)?

528759.png

I don't get it. There's a compatible case for them mentioned on the page. Is it a shipping/availability thing (although they seem to be in stock and ship to Ireland)?

528759.png

I clearly wasn't looking in the right place, sorry about that :)

Poochie05 wrote: »
    If you click on another colour of the headphones, this case comes up as frequently bought with them, so you could just buy this one separately and the colour headphones you want

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MDR-ZX100-ZX102DPV-Sennheiser-Headphones-Accessories/dp/B00FSRD3FO

thanks poochie05:D

I clearly wasn't looking in the right place, sorry about that :)

Well, isn't it good that at least one TA could be turned on its head :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Managers at work who give completely unrealistic timeframes for completing tasks and then say "no pressure".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Husband just locked me out in the back garden for 25 minutes. Not on purpose, just coz he's a doof that doesn't pay attention and was on auto pilot.
    What's worse is that he wouldn't excuse himself from a Teams call to come let me back in and made me wait for him.

TA 2 is that my mother assumes I'm her tech support, instead of the lazy arse 34 year old brother who sits playing games in his room like a teenager. I'm 200 miles away. There's very little I can do about your issue from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

He's off on one of his home improvement jaggs, so now my workspace is covered in fine dust and small bits of morter from him drilling at the window and not moving my stuff away from there.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Poochie05 wrote: »

thanks poochie05:D
    Well, isn't it good that at least one TA could be turned on its head :)

That's it. Thread closed.

You can all thank Poochie.

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Someone on the radio referrered to a "bowl of contention" the other day.

My mother keeps mentioning my brother's name to me despite the fact that we are estranged. Just shut fúcking up. I hate her. Besides she only has an interest in my life now because of the baby. She wouldn't give a shít about me otherwise.

People who say "I, for one" - well yes you are just one, so why not just say "I"? You don't speak for anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Antares35 wrote: »
    Someone on the radio referrered to a "bowl of contention" the other day.

My mother keeps mentioning my brother's name to me despite the fact that we are estranged. Just shut fúcking up. I hate her. Besides she only has an interest in my life now because of the baby. She wouldn't give a shít about me otherwise.

People who say "I, for one" - well yes you are just one, so why not just say "I"? You don't speak for anyone else.

I've never heard saying bowl of contention. I always thought it was bone of contention. The reference is suppose to be two dogs fighting over a bone. Hence bone of contention.
    Now I for one am sure that I for one, was one for I or was it I for one. Oh yes I for one is hopefully winding you up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Husband just locked me out in the back garden for 25 minutes. Not on purpose, just coz he's a doof that doesn't pay attention and was on auto pilot.
    What's worse is that he wouldn't excuse himself from a Teams call to come let me back in and made me wait for him.

TA 2 is that my mother assumes I'm her tech support, instead of the lazy arse 34 year old brother who sits playing games in his room like a teenager. I'm 200 miles away. There's very little I can do about your issue from here.

Instead of putting the call on mute or saying 'excuse me for a moment please' he left you standing in the garden?! Bahaha that's hilarious!! I would've been pulling faces at the window to make him laugh or flashed him :)

TA the heating in my apartment shoots up really quickly and it gets roasting right away but as soon as you turn it off it drops and is like the Antartic... brrrrr.... sweating... bbrrrrr... sweating :rolleyes:

Kylta wrote: »
    I've never heard saying bowl of contention. I always thought it was bone of contention.

I believe the misuse (bowl) is the TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

I believe the misuse (bowl) is the TA.

I for one agree with you

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Necro wrote: »
    TA - Covid test waiting times :(

Just tell me already dammit!!

Further TA - testing positive :(

Hope you get a light dose and you're better soon, Necro.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Porklife wrote: »
    Instead of putting the call on mute or saying 'excuse me for a moment please' he left you standing in the garden?! Bahaha that's hilarious!! I would've been pulling faces at the window to make him laugh or flashed him :)
    Thankfully for him he was upstairs so couldn't see or hear me cursing him loudly. What a twat. :rolleyes:

Ah that's ****ty necro. Finger's crossed for you and the family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Kylta wrote: »
    I've never heard saying bowl of contention. I always thought it was bone of contention. The reference is suppose to be two dogs fighting over a bone. Hence bone of contention.
    Now I for one am sure that I for one, was one for I or was it I for one. Oh yes I for one is hopefully winding you up.

Yes I know, that's why it TAd me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement