Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

TA left my car in to get a rattling noise checked out today, 4.30pm and still no phone call to collect and more worryingly no phone call to say what it is and how much it will cost BEFORE they fix it!!! I'm getting very worried now :eek:

^^^^ following on from this!
    TA that the noise in the rear of my car was a loose spanner in the boot side compartment (where my spare wheel kit is) that was doing a dance everytime I went over a ramp, a bump or turned a corner!!

I'd say the 3 mechanics had a right laugh...... me going into their yard banging on about a wheel about to fall off or a CV joint needing replacing!
    €50 for the pleasure of finding a spanner! :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

^^^^ following on from this!
    TA that the noise in the rear of my car was a loose spanner in the boot side compartment (where my spare wheel kit is) that was doing a dance everytime I went over a ramp, a bump or turned a corner!!

I'd say the 3 mechanics had a right laugh...... me going into their yard banging on about a wheel about to fall off or a CV joint needing replacing!
    €50 for the pleasure of finding a spanner! :o:o

Don't feel so bad. In my old car I topped up the oil and never put the oil cap back on properly. The car was acting weird so brought it into the garage. 50 euro later, just like yourself I was told I hadn't put the cap back on tightly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Sounds worse than dangerous... That's reckless and probably illegal too..

Maybe he took exception to your 'not indicating' , and felt entitled (that is if you didn't indicate).

I did indicate. Had it before on same stretch of road going the opposite way few years ago and had to abort the overtaking as a car coming the other way was approching. My car at the time didn't have as much poke. Wonder was it the same guy, same modus operandi anyway.

Some strange people out there on the roads. Seem to be running into lots of them the last few days!!

Kylta wrote: »
    Fu¢king eejits who can't park their car properly

Don't mind it too much as long as there are plenty of places.

What TA's me is when I don't notice someone is straddling two spots and I use them to judge when reverse parking. Can't leave mine arseways so have to hop in again and repark!

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Period pain :( doubled up here waiting on 2 paracetamol to work on the plus side I’m 41 so only about 10 years left of this :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Don't mind it too much as long as there are plenty of places.

What TA's me is when I don't notice someone is straddling two spots and I use them to judge when reverse parking. Can't leave mine arseways so have to hop in again and repark!

I also find some drivers do forget about other cars. They give themselves room to exit their drivers door, but their passenger door is always to close to the next drivers door. On multiple occasions ive had to climb throught the passenger door or start the car and release the handbrake and push the car out to get into my car.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

My dad got a letter saying that due to covid his appointment with the consultant has been changed to a phone appointment. What use is that? No tests, no examination - just my dad saying 'Ah sure, I'm grand.' I haven't been to medical school but I think I could manage that one myself. ****er will probably still charge the VHI full whack too....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

js35 wrote: »
    Period pain :( doubled up here waiting on 2 paracetamol to work on the plus side I’m 41 so only about 10 years left of this :pac:

I feel your pain, 43 here and I won't miss them when the time comes.

TA for today, no motivation to work from home, tempted to clock out for a couple of hours and go for a sleep,no-one's looking for me today. (I can do this as long as I make up my weekly hours).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,928 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I sat on my reading glasses. I’ve tried to bend the stems back but when I look down ( as I do reading) they fall off !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm sure I've posted this before, but rocket. Or fcuking rocket, to give it its correct title. Glorified dandelion masquerading as as an acceptable foodstuff. It'll be banned altogether when I stage my benevolent coup.

And while I'm at it, truffle-flavoured anything. Actual fresh truffles aren't too bad but truffle oil, truffle mayo, truffle pasta, etc? Actively offensive. Get in the sea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Nightline left a parcel for me obscured behind a flower box at my front door. I only spotted it by chance.

Also, there's a stray cat making threats against my cat with his wild banshee noises. The little so and so also left a calling card beside my cat's box that I just had to clean up.

To thine own self be true

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I'm sure I've posted this before, but rocket. Or fcuking rocket, to give it its correct title. Glorified dandelion masquerading as as an acceptable foodstuff. It'll be banned altogether when I stage my benevolent coup.

And while I'm at it, truffle-flavoured anything. Actual fresh truffles aren't too bad but truffle oil, truffle mayo, truffle pasta, etc? Actively offensive. Get in the sea.

Can’t comment on truffles, but as someone who loves salads I completely agree about the rocket,
    Just give me lettuce any day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

When your phone is nearly dying, so you write the pin for your parcel motel packages on the back of your hand for on the way home.
    You need to get petrol anyway, so decide petrol first, then collect packages.
    You sanitise your hands on the way in to pay, come out to the parcel motel station and go to type in the numbers.....

Nightline left a parcel for me obscured behind a flower box at my front door. I only spotted it by chance.

Also, there's a stray cat making threats against my cat with his wild banshee noises. The little so and so also left a calling card beside my cat's box that I just had to clean up.
    Hope I don't ruin it for you, the last time I heard the banshee noise, it was cats trying to hump each other

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭4Ad

Ya man on RTE right now on Your Home made perfect, man bun, all hands and sandals (girlie ones at that)
    Edit: nice design though

Christmas tree up in my Village go Feck Off...

Looks a bit of a yeti that bloke....

Same programme TA: Voiceover bird going on aboot da budget fore da hoose calling it 55K budget, but went over and shy talkin about 70K.

It's no fookin K ya daft lassie

It's Thoosand, or Grand, or even Bags(of sand) but it's no okay to say K for the E1,000 amount.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

deise08 wrote: »
    When your phone is nearly dying, so you write the pin for your parcel motel packages on the back of your hand for on the way home.
    You need to get petrol anyway, so decide petrol first, then collect packages.
    You sanitise your hands on the way in to pay, come out to the parcel motel station and go to type in the numbers.....

or something?

New Home wrote: »

or something?

166 , or maybe 766 ?

TA ? Every time I turn my phone upside down to read the number it auto rotates :(

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

TA that deciphering that is the highlight of our excitement these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Big gangs of people running together not socially distancing who force you off the pavement and into the traffic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭4Ad

Big gangs of people running together not socially distancing who force you off the pavement and into the traffic.

I'm a runner...
    But you should just trip them up.

No need for them to be in a group..bolloxology.
    All they do is look at their Garmin/ Strava times afterwards admiring their times..
    (I Do)...
    Knobs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Eugh this. I posted about them (and cyclists) yesterday. Why do they need to travel in packs? If I'm out walking, generally other walkers will stick to one side and me the other. Cyclists and joggers (well the ones passing me by!) just fly past in pairs, leaving only inches between us. Fúck off with your stupid covidy spewing germs like. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

New Home wrote: »

or something?

Sorry I should have said, there were two different lockers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Antares35 wrote: »
    Eugh this. I posted about them (and cyclists) yesterday. Why do they need to travel in packs? If I'm out walking, generally other walkers will stick to one side and me the other. Cyclists and joggers (well the ones passing me by!) just fly past in pairs, leaving only inches between us. Fúck off with your stupid covidy spewing germs like. :D
    I met 10 of them together the other night. They only thing I could think of when they came barrelling at me was a runaway train! You have to move it or lose it.

I met 10 of them together the other night. They only thing I could think of when they came barrelling at me was a runaway train! You have to move it or lose it.

Hold your ground , brace and drop the shoulder. Was sick of hugging the walls at work to avoid selfish people walking three abreast in narrow corridors.

Did this one day, yer man got some shock as he went flying as he walked into me, expecting me to move.

Is it their ego that stops them moving in single file? Amazing that they can think that they can take up the whole space. We are breeding youngsters with Spanish student syndrome! Ughh!

Antares35 wrote: »

Simple solution, just get a pram, head to the hardware store purchase to sythes cut them down to 12inches attach them to your wheels and boaudica the Fu©kers.

Since this is my idea i'm oblidged to state the obvious

The downside to this is you could end up in prison or a mental institution for the criminally insane.
    The upside well you be a hero to those who are constantly being mistreated by herd mentally.
    Besides i'm sure we can organise a wipround on boards for your bail money

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Someone, not a million miles away from me, put an
    Empty butter dish back In the food press yesterday evening!

Now I have to batter my butter on to my toast!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

Hold your ground , brace and drop the shoulder. Was sick of hugging the walls at work to avoid selfish people walking three abreast in narrow corridors.

Did this one day, yer man got some shock as he went flying as he walked into me, expecting me to move.

Is it their ego that stops them moving in single file? Amazing that they can think that they can take up the whole space. We are breeding youngsters with Spanish student syndrome! Ughh!

A few years back, when I was teaching, I was rushing into the teachers room (we barely got any time between classes) to pick up some books, and two other teachers were walking two abreast in the long narrow corridor, so that I had to turn sideways to get past. One of them told me I was very rude and I should have waited :confused: I told her that maybe they should have been walking single file when they saw me coming, so we could all get where we needed to be and I wouldn't be late for my class.

Why should I wait at the end of the corridor like some kind of minion while Queen Sheba and her mate swan past? How do people get to adulthood with such a sense of entitlement that they think other people should have to wait just so they don't have to move aside? It is basically saying 'I'm more important than you and my time is worth more than yours'. And also - when you do stop for people like this, they hardly ever say thank you, or even acknowledge you at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Last month I ordered an item online, it arrived while I was away. When I opened it, it didnt work properly.
    I went to the companises online customer service(cs) and told them what was wrong and asked for help as I wanted to keep the item, their cs system seems to be on a rotation and they only answere early in the am's.

First, cs sent me a video of how it should work but not how to overcome the issue with the item, another one told me to send it back for a partial refund, I argued this and was told its Brexit, then this cs went missing and the next one told me they had contacted someone else to see if they had a way to overcome the issue, after a week I chased this up again and was sent a return form and was told to send it bacs as per t&c's which say that I had to pay for the return, I queried this and was told I could return it free under EU law but not given a returns label(its a large item and if I had to pay postage, it would have been cheaper to keep the product).

Yesterday I spotted they had an outlet where I am this week and online cs told me to return it to there, I confirmed this with the store.

Ta after all that time and annoyance if cs had looked up their branches, I could have returned it easily a few days after I got back,:mad::mad::mad:

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Man who can never remember the name for anything( 100% causing extra confusion and work) having a hissy when I say the wrong name for something! ta

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement