Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Nightline left a parcel for me obscured behind a flower box at my front door. I only spotted it by chance.

Also, there's a stray cat making threats against my cat with his wild banshee noises. The little so and so also left a calling card beside my cat's box that I just had to clean up.

Suppose it could be worse.

The stray cat could be leaving parcels behind your flower box and the nightline delivery person harrassing your cat and leaving a calling card beside you cat's box.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Had Boojum for lunch, ate way too much, feel sick now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Verified by Visa :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

cj maxx wrote: »
    Can’t comment on truffles, but as someone who loves salads I completely agree about the rocket,
    Just give me lettuce any day

Truffle oil always gets a hard time from the judges of any cookery competition tv show. If you’re ever on one, and what to go home early, break out the truffle oil.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

3 things are annoying me.
    1.Emailed prepay power for a letter with my address on.Need it for opening a new account.
    They rang me back.Now whats the poing of an email if they are just going to ring you anyway.

Still phone related.
    2.When watching a film and the phone rings and they dont answer,Why do the people they are with wanting to know why they are not answering the phone.
    3.Still phones.
    When they answer the phone ,why do they tell the other person in the room what the conversation was about.Its none of there business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,928 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Truffle oil always gets a hard time from the judges of any cookery competition tv show. If you’re ever on one, and what to go home early, break out the truffle oil.

The only time I've had anything resembling a truffle what in fancy chocolates, and they were yummy :)

I bought mini bars and wrapped sweets for trick or treaters, in the middle of a pandemic ! and in what looks like a lockdown coming, doh !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I bought mini bars and wrapped sweets for trick or treaters, in the middle of a pandemic ! and in what looks like a lockdown coming, doh !

That's going to be on the TH thread by the weekend. TH, loads of sweets!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

TikTok. I really really hate it. I hate the stupid dance routines with the stupid teens flapping their stupid arms about, stupidly. That’s not even dancing ffs. I hate the creepy smiles as they do it. I hate the miming to the songs. I hate that NOBODY is original on there and video after video is just another creepy teen doing the same shlt I just saw. It lights a fire of rage inside of me that I’ve never felt before.
    I really really hate it.

That's going to be on the TH thread by the weekend. TH, loads of sweets!

Half of the bountys and milky ways are gone already:)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Half of the bountys and milky ways are gone already:)

You need a home for the Mars send them c/o Gervais08’s Belly ...

Credit Unions.. the letters they send out looking for ID.

FFS I've already shown them my ID after setting up the
    account (social services card I think it's called) and they've
    taken a photocopy.

Not good enough now apparently; want a passport/driving licence/
    Garda ID card etc

"We need to know you are who you say you are" type bs when asked.

I can't remember what documentation I provided when setting up the account. Have the account well over
    10 yrs; have a bank a/c a similar length of time and they seem happy enough to refrain from this intrusion,
    and annoyance.

Methinks it could be their 'checks and balances' perhaps aren't/weren't the best, and perhaps a few (in this era of
    multiculturalism, ethnic types spring to mind) are 'gaming the system' :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

A few years back, when I was teaching, I was rushing into the teachers room (we barely got any time between classes) to pick up some books, and two other teachers were walking two abreast in the long narrow corridor, so that I had to turn sideways to get past. One of them told me I was very rude and I should have waited :confused: I told her that maybe they should have been walking single file when they saw me coming, so we could all get where we needed to be and I wouldn't be late for my class.

Why should I wait at the end of the corridor like some kind of minion while Queen Sheba and her mate swan past? How do people get to adulthood with such a sense of entitlement that they think other people should have to wait just so they don't have to move aside? It is basically saying 'I'm more important than you and my time is worth more than yours'. And also - when you do stop for people like this, they hardly ever say thank you, or even acknowledge you at all.

Ah yes, those are the same type of people who if you hold the door open to let them through they never say thanks.
    I got caught holding a door once and about ten people streamed in one after the other, only about three of them said thanks.
    One stuck up cow didn't even make eye contact. She swanned past me with a look on her mug like she had just smelled something nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

When I goes to have one square of chocolate and leave it at that, then my sneaky mind starts to say 'that looks very uneven, if you had one more square it would leave it all looking nice and symmetrical'.
    My sneaky fecker of a mind has no interest in symmetry or aesthetics whatsoever: it is merely a ruse to scoff an extra square of choc.
    The frustrating part is that works every bleedin time and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

probably because practically none of it actually contains truffle.

Ah yes, those are the same type of people who if you hold the door open to let them through they never say thanks.
    I got caught holding a door once and about ten people streamed in one after the other, only about three of them said thanks.
    One stuck up cow didn't even make eye contact. She swanned past me with a look on her mug like she had just smelled something nasty.

Another similar TA on that door subject.

This is specific to 'double' or 'office type' doors where one of them is in the 'locked' position. There's a few people coming towards me from the opposite side; and I'm waiting behind the locked door of the two until it's clear to proceed.

Then from behind me someone (almost exclusively a female) comes with a wet sail and proceeds to squeeze by me, and the last one or two that are coming in my direction. :mad:

Dammit person, did you not notice all those people striding towards you, or even those that were in a static position who would have had their back/s to you. 2 and 2 - did you not assess the situation, or did you just not care?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,427 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Getting texts from a car dealership I unsubscribed from ages ago. I used to regularly get texts, calls and emails from them and asked that I be removed from their mailing list as I had a very bad experience with them and sold the car I bought from them. I got confirmation that I was removed about two/three years ago but have since been re-added by them again :mad:

No matter how good a deal you think you're getting, or how good the customer service is always say no
    to "receiving offers/ notifications". All they are is a fuppin annoyance.

No need in this 'information age' imo.

TA that I sometimes almost feel guilty in them situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

probably because practically none of it actually contains truffle.

I’ve a bottle of it at home, has a couple of “bits” down the bottom of it. I tend to avoid using it as even small amounts can overpower everything else.

Looks nice on the shelf though.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

When I goes to have one square of chocolate and leave it at that, then my sneaky mind starts to say 'that looks very uneven, if you had one more square it would leave it all looking nice and symmetrical'.
    My sneaky fecker of a mind has no interest in symmetry or aesthetics whatsoever: it is merely a ruse to scoff an extra square of choc.
    The frustrating part is that works every bleedin time and all.

Haha this is me all over! I'll take 3 chocolates out of the box and scoff them and then my sneaky mind will say come on pork...everyone knows you can't have an uneven number of treats...go get yourself another 3 to make it an even 6. Clearly into mathematics, mere moments later he'll pipe up again...come on now..stop playing dumb..nobody eats chocolates in single digits..go get yourself 4 more and let's put an end to this absolute farce..

• Advertisement

TA'd at 'Shortcuts' . Am sitting here in the relative dark with naught but computer and TV screens for illumination.

I was searching for ( , + and the likes posting on a different thread earlier using shift key, and whatever I accidentally hit it served only
    to contract the pages/boxes/text etc by about 20% + :pac:

Looks like I'll have to wait until I log out and restart to fix it - hopefully :o

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Porklife wrote: »
    Haha this is me all over! I'll take 3 chocolates out of the box and scoff them and then my sneaky mind will say come on pork...everyone knows you can't have an uneven number of treats...go get yourself another 3 to make it an even 6. Clearly into mathematics, mere moments later he'll pipe up again...come on now..stop playing dumb..nobody eats chocolates in single digits..go get yourself 4 more and let's put an end to this absolute farce..

If I open a bar of chocolate its goes in one go. Same with grapes, and chocolate fingers. I try my best not to buy sugary stuff (diabetic), but jaysus when I do, I savaged the stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

TA'd at 'Shortcuts' . Am sitting here in the relative dark with naught but computer and TV screens for illumination.

I was searching for ( , + and the likes posting on a different thread earlier using shift key, and whatever I accidentally hit it served only
    to contract the pages/boxes/text etc by about 20% + :pac:

Looks like I'll have to wait until I log out and restart to fix it - hopefully :o

Hold down SHIFT and +, or SHIFT and scroll up on mouse.

Will increase zoom.

- or scroll down to decrease

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

Will increase zoom.

Thanks Ted. Worked a treat. Had no joy with SHIFT, but I persevered, and back to normal using CTRL :D

TA at TV station providers..

Have a few movies recorded on Sky, but got rid of the Movie channels, and I'm
    unable to watch them.. flippin kernts :pac:

Also TA'd at myself that I don't just delete them because I'm well up into the nineties percentage wise of space used - thinking being I might at some stage
    get that package back :D

TA at TV station providers..

Have a few movies recorded on Sky, but got rid of the Movie channels, and I'm
    unable to watch them.. flippin kernts :pac:

Also TA'd at myself that I don't just delete them because I'm well up into the nineties percentage wise of space used - thinking being I might at some stage
    get that package back :D

You just reminded me of a TA. A bint ( is that a word? I’ve only seen it here) used to delete my stuff from planner because it was 90% full . No you daft bint it was 90% free !

You just reminded me of a TA. A bint ( is that a word? I’ve only seen it here) used to delete my stuff from planner because it was 90% full . No you daft bint it was 90% free !

Ya cj, bint is definitely a word. Informal for female. I rarely see it used on its own however. I think "usage of 'bint' etiquette" requires an adjective, as bint is informal/derogatory, so the reader needs to be informed as to the 'type' of bint to whom one is referring - just like you did there with 'daft' :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Getting texts from a car dealership I unsubscribed from ages ago. I used to regularly get texts, calls and emails from them and asked that I be removed from their mailing list as I had a very bad experience with them and sold the car I bought from them. I got confirmation that I was removed about two/three years ago but have since been re-added by them again :mad:

GDPR/ DATA PROTECTION BREACH. Mention that to them, say that you'll report them. :mad::mad::mad:

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

Will increase zoom.

CTRL+0 brings you back to normal (usually).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

My mother keeps insisting on using the wrong/ made-up words and phrases for things and then convinces herself and tries to convince everyone around her that she's right. For example when she talks about weight gain, she'll say, "I put up four pounds". It's ON. You put ON four pounds. You can BE up four pounds but you don't put it up.

Another one is putting the baby "on the table" when she means "on the spoon" - another TA would be pressuring me to do this before she's six months, with the old survivor bias thrown in - "we did it at six weeks and you were fine".

The latest now is the baby is starting to "creep". When I asked if she means "crawl" she said "no, no it's definitely creep, it's always been creep". I've literally never heard anyone else except her refer to a crawling baby as a creeping one? Is it me?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

I slept earlier to overcome a migraine, but won't be able to sleep for the night now :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement