Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,548 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

TA'd at 'Shortcuts' . Am sitting here in the relative dark with naught but computer and TV screens for illumination.

I was searching for ( , + and the likes posting on a different thread earlier using shift key, and whatever I accidentally hit it served only
    to contract the pages/boxes/text etc by about 20% + :pac:

Looks like I'll have to wait until I log out and restart to fix it - hopefully :o

Sounds like pinch roll, just a slight touch of the touch pad can magnify or minimise your screen. you can click off pinch roll though like I did in the start up menu. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Antares35 wrote: »
    My mother keeps insisting on using the wrong/ made-up words and phrases for things and then convinces herself and tries to convince everyone around her that she's right. For example when she talks about weight gain, she'll say, "I put up four pounds". It's ON. You put ON four pounds. You can BE up four pounds but you don't put it up.

Another one is putting the baby "on the table" when she means "on the spoon" - another TA would be pressuring me to do this before she's six months, with the old survivor bias thrown in - "we did it at six weeks and you were fine".

The latest now is the baby is starting to "creep". When I asked if she means "crawl" she said "no, no it's definitely creep, it's always been creep". I've literally never heard anyone else except her refer to a crawling baby as a creeping one? Is it me?
    That is peculiar. The only baby that ever creeped me was the one on the ceiling in Trainspotting :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

And in “Rosemary’s Baby” - he has his fathers eyes.... terrified me!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SnowyMay

Baaaah. TA here, but I holidays booked, and ended up staying at home for this week.

The upstairs neighbours also decided to renovate this week.

Totally within their rights, but they seem to have concentrated their renovations on removing any sound insulation possible, and then just randomly dropping and rolling things. I honestly prefer it when they are sawing or drilling or hammering things. This is like Chinese water torture!

I am going to lose my mind, and/or go up and punch them.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Getting really sick of the walk of shame back to the car because I forgot to grab my mask :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

js35 wrote: »
    Getting really sick of the walk of shame back to the car because I forgot to grab my mask :pac:

It will be the only walk of shame that's allowed for a while, enjoy it while it lasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

js35 wrote: »

I walked into a shopping centre without mine recently. The fright when I realised.

TA looking at a relatives Instagram pics and she's off somewhere nice and sunny and it makes me yearn for a holiday and some return to normality. Will we ever see a beach again :(

Also TA why is she abroad?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,427 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

NPHET recommending Level 5 for the entire country again tonight. If the government do decide to go ahead and listen, can they wait until after my hair appointment on Wednesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

When I goes to have one square of chocolate and leave it at that, then my sneaky mind starts to say 'that looks very uneven, if you had one more square it would leave it all looking nice and symmetrical'.
    My sneaky fecker of a mind has no interest in symmetry or aesthetics whatsoever: it is merely a ruse to scoff an extra square of choc.
    The frustrating part is that works every bleedin time and all.

That you can stop at 2 squares really TA's me !

My theory is that once you take one square it will not be even again so you might as well finish it

SAMTALK wrote: »
    That you can stop at 2 squares really TA's me !

My theory is that once you take one square it will not be even again so you might as well finish it
    Oh i can stop yes. It might only be for ten minutes or so but I do stop ;)
    There is a certain bar that I can't buy anymore, as soon as I open it I just scarf the lot in one go :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,268 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Why can't I use personal experiences when giving my thoughts on covid-19?

Will be out of self-isolation tomorrow after testing positive, and it was a mild illness for me at most. Then again I am only 32, look after myself and have no underlying issues. Yet, when I said it was grand earlier and I wouldn't have known I even had if I didn't get tested, my dad went mad saying I was blasé to those who COULD get hit by it badly. "Could have" or "ifs" seem to be used a lot when discussing it.

Drawing from my own experience of it doesn't lessen someone else's. It's surely the same in other walks of life. If I did a triathlon and completed it without much hassle (that would never happen), it doesn't mean that it still isn't a physical challenge. Likewise, if I got really bad food poisoning in a local restaurant, it doesn't mean every dish in the restaurant is dangerous.

Covid was a breeze for me, thankfully, but I am fully aware that other people didn't have it so lucky. I am not disrespecting anyone by saying it was "nothing" to me, and surely being positive about is good after two weeks of following the guidelines by the letter? That mindset it weird- it would be like standing outside a cancer ward telling survivors "you know you COULD have died, right?"

Rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

My coffee machine takes too long to start up.

Of all the first world problems...

Seriously though - why the hell does it take so long? It goes though a cleaning cycle when it starts up, but first it does a sort of 'boot up' that takes eighteen seconds. Eighteen seconds! WTF is it doing? There's probably all of three microchips in there that need to do a BIST on start up, and it probably polls all the sensors, but why does this take so long? Surely that should be completed in microseconds! Not eighteen ****ing seconds! I need caffeine damnit....

Why can't I use personal experiences when giving my thoughts on covid-19?

Will be out of self-isolation tomorrow after testing positive, and it was a mild illness for me at most. Then again I am only 32, look after myself and have no underlying issues. Yet, when I said it was grand earlier and I wouldn't have known I even had if I didn't get tested, my dad went mad saying I was blasé to those who COULD get hit by it badly. "Could have" or "ifs" seem to be used a lot when discussing it.

Drawing from my own experience of it doesn't lessen someone else's. It's surely the same in other walks of life. If I did a triathlon and completed it without much hassle (that would never happen), it doesn't mean that it still isn't a physical challenge. Likewise, if I got really bad food poisoning in a local restaurant, it doesn't mean every dish in the restaurant is dangerous.

Covid was a breeze for me, thankfully, but I am fully aware that other people didn't have it so lucky. I am not disrespecting anyone by saying it was "nothing" to me, and surely being positive about is good after two weeks of following the guidelines by the letter? That mindset it weird- it would be like standing outside a cancer ward telling survivors "you know you COULD have died, right?"

Rant over.

Glad that you recovered well Castle town man 😊

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Seriously though - why the hell does it take so long? It goes though a cleaning cycle when it starts up, but first it does a sort of 'boot up' that takes eighteen seconds. Eighteen seconds! WTF is it doing? There's probably all of three microchips in there that need to do a BIST on start up, and it probably polls all the sensors, but why does this take so long? Surely that should be completed in microseconds! Not eighteen ****ing seconds! I need caffeine damnit....
    There's definitely nothing "espresso" about that machine! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Talking of coffee.

Went to the local garage today.Bought 2 DIFFERENT coffees.

OH coffee was cold.So brought it back.Fella behind the counterm was grand.Then the owner showed up.Asked me did i want him to put it in the microwave. Thought i was hearing things,so he repeats himself.Deadly serious and all.

So i say i want a fresh one.

So off i trot,and as its pouring,the owner pops up.And says to me you can see the steam,its hot.Like WTF,is wrong with you.I know.Its not like im a chancer,we go to that garage all the time.

Midgets flying into your eye and they get stuck in under the eyelid then you can't get them out and it is really uncomfortable.
    Why do they do it? can you not see me? I am bleedin massive compared to you.

Are they suicidal or something :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Midgets flying into your eye and they get stuck in under the eyelid then you can't get them out and it is really uncomfortable.
    Why do they do it? can you not see me? I am bleedin massive compared to you.

Are they suicidal or something :confused:

Midgets or midges? Lol sorry but that made me laugh with the mental pic.Also sorry I have been drinking.

Oh my TA is my bandmates suddenly decide on a session this weekend when I have other plans. The guilt trip texts I am getting is another TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

Mine too! It's too long to stand there just looking at it, but not enough time to really get something else done. Surely they could have them boot up a bit faster?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

TA when a single item of a commercial product is referred to as "a good", i.e the singular of "goods"

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Vita nova

Highly perfumed hand sanitizer lotion at shop entrances. I expect the hand sanitizers to have a neutral medical smell that dissipates quickly but I used one at an MS entrance recently and the scent was very strong and volatile and made me feel a bit queasy. When I got home I washed my hands about 3 times and the smell was still there and only disappeared totally after about 8 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA Housemate making phone calls in the kitchen, and insisting everyone who comes into the kitchen stay quiet with death stare and aggressive finger on the lips gesture. me trying to sort the dishwasher making unavoidable noise with the dishes.

this despite three other suitable rooms in the house to talk on the phone including his own. you cant just dominate communal areas and hold everyone to silent ransom when others are trying to ya know, USE the kitchen, cook and clean. take the call elsewhere.

What a kernt that housemate is..

Pop music related TA

"I'll tell the man to turn the jukebox way down low."

Another kernt :pac: Hard times back then, and someone
    probably had a hard earned dime or quarter in that juke
    to listen to Chuck or Woody, but no, some fkker wants to
    shoot the breeze with his broad :D

I went to put my mask on with one hand yesterday, hooked it on one ear and when I pulled it across to the ither ear it slipped off my finger and sprang away like a catapult onto the muddy ground. My only one :(
    Things I have learned: use both hands and always carry a back-up.

TA we're all doomed. Record levels in several European Countries.

Robsweezie wrote: »
    TA Housemate making phone calls in the kitchen, and insisting everyone who comes into the kitchen stay quiet with death stare and aggressive finger on the lips gesture. me trying to sort the dishwasher making unavoidable noise with the dishes.

this despite three other suitable rooms in the house to talk on the phone including his own. you cant just dominate communal areas and hold everyone to silent ransom when others are trying to ya know, USE the kitchen, cook and clean. take the call elsewhere.
    Cheeky git, it's your kitchen as much as his.
    Suggest you turn on all your noisiest utensils and exit the room, sir. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

From suggestions of lost Irish films threads. I cannot find a copy of the Trojan Eddie film, only the trailer for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Cheeky git, it's your kitchen as much as his.
    Suggest you turn on all your noisiest utensils and exit the room, sir. :)

My old flatmate used to do this too Purple and it drove me mental. He used to play videogames all day long in the communal living room/kitchen area while listening to really lame hip hop and rap. At first I was so shocked that anyone could be that inconsiderate that I'd just leave the room but after a few weeks I was having none of it. I tried asking him to limit his gaming to an hour a day but he just shrugged ignorantly so I made my presence known and make no mistake!
    Fake loud hilarious phone calls to my friends, singing really loudly, banging pots and pans and zoom calling people. He soon ****ed off to his room. God I hate flatmates!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

When someone in the back of the car opens the window and you get that strobe light equivalent of sound.
    Totally banjaxes my ears.

Text from someone I know who is getting a dog. When I asked what kind, they replied oh it's a cavapoo but we aren't getting it until November because it has to stay with its mother for six weeks.

Multiple TAs including the assigning of a breed name to a mongrel (and there's nothing wrong with mongrels, my best friend is one but just call it what it is and stop inventing breed names). Also TA taking a puppy from its mother at six weeks, and TA thinking about the shelter dog who is still waiting for a home because people still buy instead of adopting :(

Oh and TA I'm a passive aggressive so instead of telling her how I feel about it, I reply "oh that's lovely, congratulations" then post about it on Boards :D

• Advertisement

^^^
    Part poodle then. What's Cava?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement