Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

Came back to London recently after 8 weeks of hiking and walking and enjoying the outdoors at home. My "stay sane" walking route over here is a loop along the Thames Path, cross Hammersmith bridge and back via Barnes, it's how I survived lockdown 1.0.

Went out yesterday and they've closed Hammersmith Bridge for the foreseeable future :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

In the future 2020 will be viewed as a boil on the bum of the 21st century.
    I can't wait for the new year, it might put us all in a better mind-set.
    I won't only be celebrating the arrival of 2021 on NYE. I'll be celebrating 2020 fecking off forever.
    :mad::p to you 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I'm house 7 and my neighbours are 7A.

I keep getting their post in post box.

the first thing I thought of when I read your post was the song Daydream Believer by The Monkees

I had a look at the facebook page of one of the bridal shops I'm planning on visiting. Every one of their brides was skinny and pictures of the dresses looked tiny. This is not helping my dreadful body image :(

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

I had a look at the facebook page of one of the bridal shops I'm planning on visiting. Every one of their brides was skinny and pictures of the dresses looked tiny. This is not helping my dreadful body image :(

TA'd that you feel that way. Every bride is beautiful :)

• Advertisement

TA'd you can't buy Lays crisps here. I want them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

That my housemate bought the abomination that is Frank's Wings sauce instead of Original Red Hot when I asked her to grab a bottle in Tesco.

Also, the wind. My morning walk route is essentially a square. Yet the wind still managed to be blowing directly in my face on every side of it this morning. How???

TA'd that you feel that way. Every bride is beautiful :)

Ah. Thank you. This stuff runs deep, way back to childhood. Well I have a while longer to try be more accepting :)

Dial Hard wrote: »
    That my housemate bought the abomination that is Frank's Wings sauce instead of Original Red Hot when I asked her to grab a bottle in Tesco.

sometimes you get a sign that you need to cut someone out of your life.
    Dial Hard wrote: »
    Also, the wind. My morning walk route is essentially a square. Yet the wind still managed to be blowing directly in my face on every side of it this morning. How???

was it uphill all the way as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

was it uphill all the way as well?

That's the evening walk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

TA’d that I’m running low on that lovely Frank’s Wing Sauce. Mmmm buffalo.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Ah. Thank you. This stuff runs deep, way back to childhood. Well I have a while longer to try be more accepting :)

I hear ya. I'm not on Social Media much but I do like IG. There's so much body positivity stuff out there now it's great. For me it's been since about 14 and 40 now! I don't think it ever goes away or in the direction you want but I have a lot more confidence now than I used to and I've more weight so ya it's all kinda weird!

I also know it's all down to how you feel inside and you don't need to be told how to feel :)

That said, I do hope you will feel special :o

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭andala

TA'd you can't buy Lays crisps here. I want them.

Most Eastern European food shops have them:D

My TA is that the town I live in is so bad that level 5 restrictions will make absolutely no difference. We are on level 4 already so my nail girl had to close and there were no chain shops with clothes/furniture/toys/games within county borders anyway.

I hear ya. I'm not on Social Media much but I do like IG. There's so much body positivity stuff out there now it's great. For me it's been since about 14 and 40 now! I don't think it ever goes away or in the direction you want but I have a lot more confidence now than I used to and I've more weight so ya it's all kinda weird!

I also know it's all down to how you feel inside and you don't need to be told how to feel :)

That said, I do hope you will feel special :o

It is such a blight on so many people. It reminds me again how powerful our emotions are and the tricks they can play. I see these gorgeous curvy women who embrace themselves and I wish I could do the same. Sure lookit.

I hope so too. Thanks :)

It is such a blight on so many people. It reminds me again how powerful our emotions are and the tricks they can play. I see these gorgeous curvy women who embrace themselves and I wish I could do the same. Sure lookit.

I hope so too. Thanks :)

I know, it really is. You will and then you mightn't again. I don't know, I'm definitely not going to preach to anyone about it!

PM if you every wanna chat ;)

andala wrote: »
    Most Eastern European food shops have them:D

My TA is that the town I live in is so bad that level 5 restrictions will make absolutely no difference. We are on level 4 already so my nail girl had to close and there were no chain shops with clothes/furniture/toys/games within county borders anyway.

If true, you may have made my day.

Correct, my life is very sad lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I was sitting watching a recorded tv program. Then I realised I could FF past the ads ! Doh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

I'm basically being harassed by my flat management agency because I refused to let them come round for some non-urgent maintenance. It's a bloody pandemic and I'm supposed to be extra careful because I have a chronic illness. I've had people coming round 5 weeks of the last 6 for various things to do with the landlady renewing her property licence, and I'm just drained with it all. I'm working a stressful job full time from home and all of this has meant disrupting my work, rearranging meetings, all for something which has no direct benefit for me at all. I thought I'd seen the back of it all and could finally relax, and now there's something else.

I want to leave but I'm aware that even if I give notice, they'll probably then insist on doing viewings. I'm really really PO'ed...I've been a really good tenant, always paid on time, no bother at all, have been cooperative with everything they've needed from me, and now they're making my life much harder at a time when everything is already really tough.

I hate how renters just have no rights here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I’ve posted about this before but google ads.
    Reading a thread here in AH I googled 4chan and now I keep getting ads for iConnect dating app ( I think) they know everything I do :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I'm basically being harassed by my flat management agency because I refused to let them come round for some non-urgent maintenance. It's a bloody pandemic and I'm supposed to be extra careful because I have a chronic illness. I've had people coming round 5 weeks of the last 6 for various things to do with the landlady renewing her property licence, and I'm just drained with it all. I'm working a stressful job full time from home and all of this has meant disrupting my work, rearranging meetings, all for something which has no direct benefit for me at all. I thought I'd seen the back of it all and could finally relax, and now there's something else.

I want to leave but I'm aware that even if I give notice, they'll probably then insist on doing viewings. I'm really really PO'ed...I've been a really good tenant, always paid on time, no bother at all, have been cooperative with everything they've needed from me, and now they're making my life much harder at a time when everything is already really tough.

I hate how renters just have no rights here :(

That's really awful, TAd myself reading that!

• Advertisement

Haven't had the occasion to see a dentist for a while, between pregnancy (can basically get nothing done without anaesthetic) then the pandemic. Went this evening and I'm basically looking at a 2k bill to cover everything I need. Well goodbye then Christmas. The annoying thing is, I smugly did all my shopping already, so it's too late to pare back in light of the upcoming expenses. There isn't anything I want, so I'm just going to ask people to donate to my dentist bill! :D Cue the most shíte Christmas ever lol

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Antares35 wrote: »
    Haven't had the occasion to see a dentist for a while, between pregnancy (can basically get nothing done without anaesthetic) then the pandemic. Went this evening and I'm basically looking at a 2k bill to cover everything I need. Well goodbye then Christmas. The annoying thing is, I smugly did all my shopping already, so it's too late to pare back in light of the upcoming expenses. There isn't anything I want, so I'm just going to ask people to donate to my dentist bill! :D Cue the most shíte Christmas ever lol

I dont think xmas will be crap this year, xmas is a mindset thing. And if you kids well its really all about them. So whatever the dental expense its not going to ruin your xmas.

Neither will Halloween be quite this year, no around here anyway. I starting to see why child exploitation works, the kids are shifting more wood and tyres by hand quicker than a truck would.

Anyway my dental appointment is for 10am

I just can't stop thinking that the way NPHET is pronounced is wrong. While I understand that it isn't actually a word and therefore there is no right/ wrong as such, to me, saying "nephit" makes it sound like there's a vowel between the N and P. I would prefer something like "enphet" although this might imply a hyphen between the N and P, but I think this is less offensive than implying a vowel. Every time someone says "nephit" in my head I say "enphet" and it's really TAing me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

That's really awful, TAd myself reading that!

It's so draining! The property agencies here just don't see you as a person at all. They just want to tick things off their todo lists and have absolutely no idea how enormously inconvenient it all is for the person actually living in the flat and dealing with all these contractors coming in. What they see as 'someone popping round to check something' means me having to clear my meetings for the entire timeslot (which is usually at least 3 hours), having to open all the windows in my flat, wipe down anything they might have touched, then spend the next week or two worrying about Covid because half of the people who come round won't wear masks properly. And right when you think it's all sorted and you can finally relax in your own, it's something else.

I should probably get legal advice but not sure where to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

It's so draining! The property agencies here just don't see you as a person at all. They just want to tick things off their todo lists and have absolutely no idea how enormously inconvenient it all is for the person actually living in the flat and dealing with all these contractors coming in. What they see as 'someone popping round to check something' means me having to clear my meetings for the entire timeslot (which is usually at least 3 hours), having to open all the windows in my flat, wipe down anything they might have touched, then spend the next week or two worrying about Covid because half of the people who come round won't wear masks properly. And right when you think it's all sorted and you can finally relax in your own, it's something else.

Threshold might be worth a call.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

Try RTB Residential Tenancy Board

dennyire wrote: »
    Try RTB Residential Tenancy Board

Or Threshold. They're very helpful.

Sorry, didn't see above post.

I just can't stop thinking that the way NPHET is pronounced is wrong. While I understand that it isn't actually a word and therefore there is no right/ wrong as such, to me, saying "nephit" makes it sound like there's a vowel between the N and P. I would prefer something like "enphet" although this might imply a hyphen between the N and P, but I think this is less offensive than implying a vowel. Every time someone says "nephit" in my head I say "enphet" and it's really TAing me!

Thank you for articulating this so well! I too find it v. TA

You know those ads on YouTube, with the five second countdown before you can actually click "skip ads"? I'm convinced that it's more than five seconds! I really think every "second" is 1.2 seconds and so they are sneaking in an extra second advertising revenue each time. Honestly, I think they are the slowest seconds ever.

• Advertisement

You know those ads on YouTube, with the five second countdown before you can actually click "skip ads"? I'm convinced that it's more than five seconds! I really think every "second" is 1.2 seconds and so they are sneaking in an extra second advertising revenue each time. Honestly, I think they are the slowest seconds ever.

they should make an olympic event out of clicking the button as soon as the words Skip Ad appears. I would be a certainty for gold.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement