Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Gervais08 wrote: »
    Bint on the train before we closed in March going on her “engageymoon”.

I’m not a violent woman but I wanted to kill, brutally.

For some reason I thought you were a guy, no idea or reason why!

That rhymes...god I'm so lame.

TA that I'm lame.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Maybe he's not, that's why he said he's not a violent woman. :pac: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

YT is crap since Google took over.
    It used to do what it said on the tin and the suggestions were helpful and based on what you were looking at.
    Now it is all ads and random crap in the sidebar that someone has paid google to push on you.
    Also, go to the YT home page and have a look at some of the most watched videos. It is depressing the sort of rubbish young ones call entertainment nowadays :(

What freaks me out about it is how the algorithms work. So when I'm in the shower and fancy some late 70s/early 80s New Wave and get a play list set up "they" know I'm a women of a certain age. In between 'Walking on the Moon" and ' Psycho Killer' some plummy mouthed, smug sounding tart asks me if I've got bladder leak problems or Dr. Patronise tells me if I take a particular brand of herbal remedy I'll never be embarrassed by another distressing hot flush again.
    Fuk off! When I'm lathering up my hair I want to escape the reality of my impending decreptitude with some excellent music. And for your information, my bladder function is as solid as my musical taste. And when I crank the volume up, that is not a cue to play the eternal hearing aid ad .

Never had this problem with vinyl, but then, you couldn't bring your record player into the bathroom.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

New Home wrote: »
    Maybe he's not, that's why he said he's not a violent woman. :pac: :D

Haha - I do have a fairly well developed masculine side but put the last five mins of Gremlins on or put me by a spider and girlie girlie girlie!!!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,383 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

When you buy diesel and they won't let you pay at the hatch so you have to go back to the car for the mask and go into the shop.

Whatever happened to pay at the pump?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I know. I agreed with that bit in my original post. (I like a nicely-used hyphen. (And overused brackets.) :D )

I think I have loads of stuff to do here in work but I've only vague ideas of what I should be doing. I know how to do the 'tasks' but can't think of which I actually have to do.

I probably didn't explain that very well...

Oh sorry. TA I can't keep up with my own TA :D

TA more fúckery from the woman who gave birth to me. There's something that's been bothering me for ages (like three decades) with my mother and eventually today she did it again and I politely asked her not to bring that subject up again and she started shouting and roaring, saying she has to "take her words out and look at them" before she speaks, then stormed off and banged the door behind her. TA I'm the fúcking adult in the relationship (such as it is) :(

I really need to estrange for my own sanity and that of my child.

Porklife wrote: »
    For some reason I thought you were a guy, no idea or reason why!

That rhymes...god I'm so lame.

TA that I'm lame.

So did I! Sorry Gervais :D

Ps, you're a poet...and you don't know it. (I'll get my coat).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Had plans to visit Knockma Hill this weekend. Think making plans this year is a waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Antares35 wrote: »
    Oh sorry. TA I can't keep up with my own TA :D

TA more fúckery from the woman who gave birth to me. There's something that's been bothering me for ages (like three decades) with my mother and eventually today she did it again and I politely asked her not to bring that subject up again and she started shouting and roaring, saying she has to "take her words out and look at them" before she speaks, then stormed off and banged the door behind her. TA I'm the fúcking adult in the relationship (such as it is) :(

I really need to estrange for my own sanity and that of my child.
    No kidding!
    I read a book once that said how bad it was for a baby to have a stressed mother, even in utero. It has negative effects that can last their whole life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Doctors appointment this morning. Blood was drawn and I got the flu shot. All good and necessary, but have that dull pain all down my left arm now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭HeyV

Doctors appointment this morning. Blood was drawn and I got the flu shot. All good and necessary, but have that dull pain all down my left arm now

I got it last Wednesday and had the same that evening, was a bit sore the next day too and ached a bit, but all good since

• Registered Users Posts: 8,899 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Gervais08 wrote: »
    Bint on the train before we closed in March going on her “engageymoon”.

I’m not a violent woman but I wanted to kill, brutally.

I would have opened the train door and fired her into the nearest hedge

• Registered Users Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The aggressive fcuker who roared at me from a car earlier for not picking up my dog's poo when she was only doing a wee. He blasted the horn too and frightened the living daylights out of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Also, the fact that the only TV that shows up when I try to cast anything other than YouTube is my housemate's bedroom one. The sitting room TV is 6 feet away, ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Dial Hard wrote:
    The aggressive fcuker who roared at me from a car earlier for not picking up my dog's poo when she was doing a wee. He blasted the horn too and frightened the living daylights out of her.

The brave man inside a locked car. I put them on a par with a keyboard warrior.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Google's gone to crap.
    It's simplicity and user friendliness were what made it so popular.
    The colourful logo, the searchbox: simple as that.
    Then they started to add in annoying facts and animations, look at it now stuffed with stupid clickbait articles :mad:

If someone comes along now with a simple, basic search engine I reckon they could steal Google's crown.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

The yummy mummy next door and her several elongated 'buyyyyyyeeeeeeee's when she is waving someone off. If she shortened it she would have time to tidy up the rusting kids bikes in her back garden and maintain her side of the fcuking fence. Sweet kids though.

No kidding!
    I read a book once that said how bad it was for a baby to have a stressed mother, even in utero. It has negative effects that can last their whole life.

Fortunately they were abroad for my pregnancy and I was pretty calm throughout. I've the happiest and most chilled baby ever. However, I want her to stay that way, no way am I going to let anything dim that sparkle if I can help it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Annoying twat cousin who chanced her arm to come in and visit my Dad today. I didn't let her in, obviously. The household visit ban has been in place two weeks now, we are now on level 5, she works in an office and the fact that she tried to get in here tells me she's been ignoring the rule and visiting my aunt who doesn't abide by the guidelines and who lives with her daughter who works in a school. Dad is 89 and has heart disease. I'm having to keep the door locked to keep this b1tch out. She's calling again tomorrow, apparently. No doubt with more sage advice on how to be a carer based on her zero experience of same. How kind.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Annoying twat cousin who chanced her arm to come in and visit my Dad today. I didn't let her in, obviously. The household visit ban has been in place two weeks now, we are now on level 5, she works in an office and the fact that she tried to get in here tells me she's been ignoring the rule and visiting my aunt who doesn't abide by the guidelines and who lives with her daughter who works in a school. Dad is 89 and has heart disease. I'm having to keep the door locked to keep this b1tch out. She's calling again tomorrow, apparently. No doubt with more sage advice on how to be a carer based on her zero experience of same. How kind.

Snipers. Just a suggestion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I watched a documentary called Home Alone that has some excellent ideas for how to deal with unwelcome visitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

If someone comes along now with a simple, basic search engine I reckon they could steal Google's crown.

Have you tried duckduckgo.... It's the nearest I've found to old school Google.

https://duckduckgo.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,917 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    When you buy diesel and they won't let you pay at the hatch so you have to go back to the car for the mask and go into the shop.

I only started to use pay at the pump since lockdown....I'm pretty much converted now, so much quicker.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Antares35 wrote: »
    So did I! Sorry Gervais :D

Ps, you're a poet...and you don't know it. (I'll get my coat).

Sir Percy Blakeney, Baronet, wants his line back.:cool:
    Google's gone to crap.
    It's simplicity and user friendliness were what made it so popular.
    The colourful logo, the searchbox: simple as that.
    Then they started to add in annoying facts and animations, look at it now stuffed with stupid clickbait articles :mad:

Speedsie wrote: »
    Have you tried duckduckgo.... It's the nearest I've found to old school Google.

https://duckduckgo.com/

Ecosia.org. No messing, no snooping, and you help planting trees.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭HeyV

Jesus Christ! I’m actually proper angry just reading this... ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

Neighbours bloody talking again....12.30am on a weeknight and they're having a full on loud conversation on the other side of the wall. Every time it stops and I think I can finally get to sleep, the man starts up again. He seems to love the sound of his own voice. I just can't get over how inconsiderate these people are. I'd be whispering at this time of night.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Neighbours bloody talking again....12.30am on a weeknight and they're having a full on loud conversation on the other side of the wall. Every time it stops and I think I can finally get to sleep, the man starts up again. He seems to love the sound of his own voice. I just can't get over how inconsiderate these people are. I'd be whispering at this time of night.

I really empathise when reading these posts. If the slightest sound wakes me I’m up for the night, til around 7am when I start falling asleep again and then wrecked at the alarm.

That’s actually linked to this TA, we ordered a pizza feast for dinner which made me sleep. I fell asleep for honestly no more than 5 minutes at 7.30 and I’m wide awake now cos of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,094 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Pawwed Rig wrote: »

Now you mention that it’s aTA. It was handy when the childer were babies but no where does it now

• Registered Users Posts: 14,094 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I was sitting watching tv and there’s a draughty breeze in my face , and I’ve checked windows/doors and can’t find it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,383 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I only started to use pay at the pump since lockdown....I'm pretty much converted now, so much quicker.

Rarely see them anymore.
    The first petrol station I pulled up at yesterday said cash only! No atm on the forecourt.
    Now I normally carry a bit of cash but not enough to fill a tank.

Get it sorted FFS.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement