Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

joeguevara wrote: »
    Tescos sell socks and you can pick them up on your way to the alcohol section or not.

Also you can buy clothes from feet to head online. There is no embargo on drapery in order to pump alcohol.

The clothing section in my local Tesco is closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Gervais08 wrote: »
    The clothing section in my local Tesco is closed.

Was definitely open on Friday in dun laoghaire.

All major outlets are doing online clothes shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I choose to do research(which I hate) to keep me busy aka sane this weekend.
    Now it's the last thing I want to do even tho it's where the marks are.

Even tho they put in a new cable, the internet has never been worse and I've never been so dependant on it.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,493 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Why is it the vast majority of time I try to insert a USB plug into anything, its the wrong way round?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,791 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

NIMAN wrote: »
    Why is it the vast majority of time I try to insert a USB plug into anything, its the wrong way round?

But you still try to insert it that way numerous times

• Advertisement

Food related TA

It's not always 6 of 1, and half a dozen of the other.

Not being a Gourmet cook I do set my sights lower, and often cook :pac: me some pasta, and stir in a few tablespoons of Dolmio - tasty enough.

But, there's a discrepancy in taste for some reason with the different types of pasta for some reason or another. Since they are both made from durum wheat I find myself at a loss as to why that is.

Anyway, last time I put on a saucepan of pasta penne, and the difference in taste between it, and a similar sized other type pasta(can't think of the name, but unlike the penne it has swirls and isn't hollow, like what the penne is) is noticeable. The penne is like bloody cardboard in comparison :pac: :mad: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Food related TA

Not being a Gourmet cook I do set my sights lower, and often cook :pac: me some pasta, and stir in a few tablespoons of Dolmio - tasty enough.

But, there's a discrepancy in taste for some reason with the different types of pasta for some reason or another. Since they are both made from durum wheat I find myself at a loss as to why that is.

Anyway, last time I put on a saucepan of pasta penne, and the difference in taste between it, and a similar sized other type pasta(can't think of the name, but unlike the penne it has swirls and isn't hollow, like what the penne is) is noticeable. The penne is like bloody cardboard in comparison :pac: :mad: :(

My theory is that although fusseli (that's the twirly pasta) and penne contain the same 3 ingredients - flour, eggs and salt - they are different thicknesses and as such will taste different. Thin flat pasta for example will cook cooker and be lighter than a fat pasta like tagliatelle. Also dried and fresh pasta will also taste different.
    God I've a massive hankering for a carbonara right now. TA that I live alone and damned if I'm making it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Boards is always super boring on a Sunday :(

Porklife wrote: »
    My theory is that although fusseli (that's the twirly pasta) and penne contain the same 3 ingredients - flour, eggs and salt - they are different thicknesses and as such will taste different. Thin flat pasta for example will cook cooker and be lighter than a fat pasta like tagliatelle. Also dried and fresh pasta will also taste different.
    God I've a massive hankering for a carbonara right now. TA that I live alone and damned if I'm making it:)

Your theory sounds logical Porklife :)

Only ever had carbonara in them microwaveable tubs - not great, but I spose homemade is far better.

Worse things than living alone though, plus if you ever go on social it's an extra 11 or so Euro a week on some payments.. :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Food related TA

It has also a lot to do with the quality of the wheat used for the flours. Not all wines (even made from the same variety of grapes) taste the same, nor do fruit and vegetables and rice, for instance.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I fell asleep funny last night and I woke up early with my neck and shoulder paining me.
    Deep Heat is the biz.

TA is when you forget to wash your hands afterwards.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

NIMAN wrote: »
    Superposition.

Like that famous cat you can't tell which way round it is until observed.

https://i.imgur.com/aBlW0Ae.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Up until yesterday I wasn't sick once all year. It was fantastic.

I did my morning shift yesterday, I was grand.
    I came home and had a bath, I was grand.
    The moment - the literal second - I put the towel around me after my bath, my throat was immediately sore, like out of nowhere my throat is like "I want to be sore now, thanks".

Now I have a raging pain in my throat and all the back of it is red raw and my uvula is swollen.

My cold/flu tablets, which usually work, are not working. No amount of hot tea and honey is bringing the uncomfortability of it even slightly down.

And this just had to happen over a bank holiday weekend, where no chemist near me is open.

I haven't enjoyed a single pastime since I got home yesterday. Being sick just ruins my day completely.

I don't enjoy comedy films because I can't laugh, because laughing irritates my throat.
    I can't enjoy the food I like because it hurts to swallow.
    I can't enjoy a fizzy drink because of the same reason.

Can't even enjoy my f@cking tea!

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

All wrapped up ready to go for a lovely walk in a local woodland and now the rain has started to spill down.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 21,908 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

joeguevara wrote: »
    Tescos sell socks and you can pick them up on your way to the alcohol section or not.

Also you can buy clothes from feet to head online. There is no embargo on drapery in order to pump alcohol.

I know there's no embargo on drapery in order to pump alcohol , I just find it ridiculous that clothing isn't deemed essential yet alcohol is apparently .
    Not everyone likes to shop online either .

^^^

True enough, and plenty can't shop online. Tis a disgrace closing clothes shops and the time of year that's in it.

TA with all the flipflopping on these restrictions etc.. Like a yoyo - I think it's forever myself.

More than TA'd at that Richard Ayoade Doosh - "The new different" :rolleyes:
    Faark me with all this gibberish :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,486 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I know there's no embargo on drapery in order to pump alcohol , I just find it ridiculous that clothing isn't deemed essential yet alcohol is apparently .
    Not everyone likes to shop online either .

I think the main reason why they allow the sale of alcohol is they know the alcoholics will commit loads of crimes if they couldn't get their hands on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Be right back

Cold feet that take ages to warm up in bed.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

And on that note, my hot water bottle has sprung a leak, but not somewhere "patchable", oh, no, no siree. It's leaking from the stopper. I think the metal bit of the screw part must've got damaged near the seal, because the washer on the stopper is perfectly ok, and it's not that I haven't put the stopper back on properly, either. The thing is, I can't see where the actual damage is. :/

Cold feet until the end of L5. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Tried to talk the baby for a walk in a nearby recreational forestry that's a few km away from us. There's maybe... ten houses nearby? Car park full, cars parked illegally for a mile up and down the road. Impossible to even pass. Drivers rolling down windows shouting at each other for blocking the road. Ice cream van in the thick of it. Is this a lockdown or a holiday? This is why we can't have nice things.

We were compliant for the last one, and had been compliant until now, but we just feel at this point, we are being fools sticking to the restrictions when it seems to be a free for all for everyone else :D

• Advertisement

And nowhere open to buy socks... :rolleyes:

Fkkers want us all to die, be it thru cold, anxiety, depression - knocking it on the head, or going postal on family/friends/neighbours and maybe getting knocked on the head :(

It'll add to the numbers anyway - sick bunch of sociopaths pulling all the strings :mad:

I've had enough o this bsery , sick of it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA the overplaying of lewis capaldi on the radio. noticing it more since working from home. theres one where he's just screaming the chorus ''THERE MUST BE SOMETHING IN THE WAAATERR'' again and again, probably the most repetitive tune ive heard in awhile. I think he has two or three songs on the go now on the stations.

For my mid afternoon coffee I though I'd treat myself by adding a little bit of gingerbread flavoured syrup to it... Ruined :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

I think the main reason why they allow the sale of alcohol is they know the alcoholics will commit loads of crimes if they couldn't get their hands on it.

That's not a very nice thing to say like all alcoholics are pilfering scumbags if they can't get some hooch. Ridiculous.

Up until yesterday I wasn't sick once all year. It was fantastic.

The moment - the literal second - I put the towel around me after my bath, my throat was immediately sore, like out of nowhere my throat is like "I want to be sore now, thanks".

Now I have a raging pain in my throat and all the back of it is red raw and my uvula is swollen.

My cold/flu tablets, which usually work, are not working. No amount of hot tea and honey is bringing the uncomfortability of it even slightly down.

And this just had to happen over a bank holiday weekend, where no chemist near me is open.

:(

Whew!! I read this bit wrong^^ thankfully!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭4Ad

So did I !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Probably too much information....
    Two days ago I had a roll with black pudding for breakfast. Just black pudding and ketchup.
    Doing some farting since, all I can smell is black pudding.
    Just as well I live on my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

4Ad wrote: »
    So did I !!

Me too!

New Home wrote: »
    And on that note, my hot water bottle has sprung a leak, but not somewhere "patchable", oh, no, no siree. It's leaking from the stopper. I think the metal bit of the screw part must've got damaged near the seal, because the washer on the stopper is perfectly ok, and it's not that I haven't put the stopper back on properly, either. The thing is, I can't see where the actual damage is. :/

Cold feet until the end of L5. :/

Maybe the rubber at the screw part is perished, or the rubber ring (if there is one) on the stopper could have suffered a similar fate. Probably/possibly tiny cracks or holes that you can't see.. Can't offer any solutions alas :o

• Advertisement

4Ad wrote: »
    So did I !!
    Antares35 wrote: »
    Me too!

Didn't notice myself.. A man was in pain is all I took from his post :pac: :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement