Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Didn't notice myself.. A man was in pain is all I took from his post :pac: :P

Well aren't you just a saint :D

TA I ate all the chocolate and drank all the wine, and now I've no chocolate or wine :(

:)
    Antares35 wrote: »
    Well aren't you just a saint :D

:D:D:D

I'm laughing quietly out loud. Thanks for the larf :p:p

Mood has incrementally gone up.. I'll take a card for being happy :pac:

Cheers Antares35 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

We have a mouse in our house. And so far he is avoiding the humane traps set out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,276 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

People being offended and outraged by Dr Tony's latest tweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Radio presenters pronouncing the word Halloween and Holloween.
    Seems to be a Todayfm thing in particular. It's really p1ssing me off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

We have a mouse in our house. And so far he is avoiding the humane traps set out.
    What bait have you used so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

Cooked myself some fish for dinner and somehow the oil ended up being a lot hotter than it should have been, and my poor fish was sizzling. I went to turn it over in the pan and accidentally touched the side of the pan.... singed my ring finger all down the side....it's SO painful. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Use chocolate, though if you can use the traps that allow you to release the mouse outside...a good bit away from the house.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Use chocolate, though if you can use the traps that allow you to release the mouse outside...a good bit away from the house.

Dark chocolate, especially; if you need something to stick it to the trap use peanut butter. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

New Home wrote: »
    Dark chocolate, especially; if you need something to stick it to the trap use peanut butter. :)

Dark chocolate and peanut butter?! Is is wrong that I'm jealous of a mouse:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Dermot Bannon

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Antares35 wrote: »
    Tried to talk the baby for a walk in a nearby recreational forestry that's a few km away from us. There's maybe... ten houses nearby? Car park full, cars parked illegally for a mile up and down the road. Impossible to even pass. Drivers rolling down windows shouting at each other for blocking the road. Ice cream van in the thick of it. Is this a lockdown or a holiday? This is why we can't have nice things.

We were compliant for the last one, and had been compliant until now, but we just feel at this point, we are being fools sticking to the restrictions when it seems to be a free for all for everyone else :D

Exactly. I have stuff to do but it’s not essential as there’s no cattle out , but sis thinks it’s ok to drive the length of the country, and with 2 kids so stopping off for pees and food etc . The only word I could come up with was arrogance. But feel free to correct me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

When you're watching a show on Netflix and after a few episodes it stops and says 'are the still watching x show? Press play to continue'
    **** off! I'm all cosy wrapped in blankets on the couch and my laptop is miles away on the table. I don't want to have to lean forward and press play. What's it to Netflix if I'm still watching or not? It's my tv and I'm paying the bill so quit hassling me and let me watch my show in peace 🀬

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Cooked myself some fish for dinner and somehow the oil ended up being a lot hotter than it should have been, and my poor fish was sizzling. I went to turn it over in the pan and accidentally touched the side of the pan.... singed my ring finger all down the side....it's SO painful. :(

The salmon of knowledge :)

I'm more than TA at my phone which is less than 1 year old not keeping its battery. I'll have to fork up for a new one.

To thine own self be true

Porklife wrote: »
    Dark chocolate and peanut butter?! Is is wrong that I'm jealous of a mouse:p

Add in Nutella , they love that, actually that is what Nutella is ‘!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I'm more than TA at my phone which is less than 1 year old not keeping its battery. I'll have to fork up for a new one.

Bring it back to the shop

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

cj maxx wrote: »
    Add in Nutella , they love that, actually that is what Nutella is ‘!
    Blasphemy! Nutella is made with hazelnuts, not with peanuts, and with cocoa, not with chocolate. Alas, it's also made with palm oil....

New Home wrote: »
    Blasphemy! Nutella is made with hazelnuts, not with peanuts, and with cocoa, not with chocolate. Alas, it's also made with palm oil....

Fair enough. But mice love it.

Introduction

This was written after the prelude, and main body of text, not because I like to do things arseways
    central theme
    , but because the 'save as draft' option is not available or is hidden.

This one's pretty rambling, and if it's half as decent as I hoped it would be before commencement, then it'll do. I'm dead beat right now, so cognitive functions not being the best I'll just finish typing this introduction up, and hit send. Besides, it's close to midnight, and am assuming anyone still up reading these light-hearted type treads might have nowt better to do but read any old guff. :p

Prelude

NB Discretion advised, but it's after the watershed. That's my justification
    #pacmanicon :cool: No worries, it gets lamer.. I promise...

A controversial TA that I've been toying with posting in one iteration or another
    for a while now, and while it's last happening has been a while, the memory lingers.

Saw "Pans" mentioned earlier, so full pelt now :pac:

There's another thread where it might be perceived (although I think not) to be more suited to, but, regardless it might not be the right "calibre" of post for that particular thread.

Main Body of text

Anyhoo so I've got my heavy duty pan (cast iron I believe they are) , and not them Mickey Mouse flimsy ones, rolls of white and black pudding, an eight pack of bangers :) , a 4-8 pack of rashers (rashers are more difficult to select for reasons too boring to go into here), a tin of beans (which are not relevant, and are only mentioned to "set the scene") and a knife and plate. All good - yep a fryup is in the offing.

Some might be wondering why there's no boxty, or potato bread, but I'm not hungry now, so I'll leave them out of the equation.

Step 1 Turn on hob to full (pan doesn't go on yet)
    Step 2 Cut up about a third each of the black and whites, and place on plate.
    Step 3 Take 3-4 rashers out of pack which also go on plate.

About 5 minutes has elapsed at this stage. Time to wash the hands (probably for the third or fourth time so far)

Step 4 Put pan on by now very hot hob, and leave - no olive, or cheap vegetable oil put on yet as pan's not hot enough. We've all got our own ways and protocols, and for me the pan's alright on its own for a couple of mins.

Step 5 Put remaining Puddings and Rashers back into fridge after they're wrapped up, amid more hand washing, and a soaking kitchen towel to wipe off outside of rasher pack - hygiene is paramount folks when it comes to certain foodstuffs - as one doesn't want any traces, or as little as possible of said rashers to touch fridge shelves/surfaces.

*Bloody 'ell - I didn't think it would take this long to set the scene, but shall persist, if it was good enough for the most famous Icelandic born Scotsman (Not going to deny it, y'all know I looked that one up - I would have pegged him for a Swede, or summit ) :pac: ,what ever lived, then it's good enough for me.

Step 6 Vegetable oil will do, as I just so happen to be out of Don Carlos, and a few tablespoons are drizzled onto the by now hot pan, and extractor fan is opened.

Step 7 Onto the sausages, or bangers. Cut off about 4 or thereabouts. By now I can get the not unpleasant smell of hot oil and smoke. Place sossies on plate. So about 10 mins or so have elapsed since the beginning of step one (and about twice that long to type this amount :D) More handwashing and again with another well damp, or soaking kitchen towel for similar reasons as step 5. Things are beginning to take a proper shape. More handwashing :p

Step 8 Turn heat down a notch or two.

Step 9 Open can of beans and place into saucepan, and leave aside for now.

So all's well at this stage. Anyone who's reading may have already chucked the sausages or puddings on the pan, as they take slightly longer to cook than the rashers, but that's just too much messing about for me - A methodical approach not unlike how I imagine Lee Van Cleef's character in "A Few Dollars More" would have went about things; had he been around in modern times - have one's sh1t together (oops, almost spilled the beans there :pac: , thankfully the beans are fine) so to speak, before commencement of step 11.

By now the smell of hot oil, and smoke have filled the room, and am thankful that the smoke alarm hasn't gone off. A "minor victory" , and not willing to tempt fate a window (the only one, but better than none) is opened.

Step 10 Bring plate over and leave on counter beside cooker, and source one of them flat metal flipping instruments (with holes, for drainage I suppose). I can't think of their name, and I've already looked up stuff so suffice to say they are tilted upwards about 30 degrees from the usually mainly wooden handle, are flat and have holes. The preferred tool of many a "grillman" shortly after leaving the "Pen".

Step 11 By now its time to place sausages and puddings onto pan, and give it a shake. Nearly there - in the home stretch. All is good.

Then - disaster strikes :eek:

With almost double the speed and urgency of the combined "motivational" effects of smoking a cigarette, drinking a coffee, and reading the horoscopes in one of them weekend glossy magazines one gets with red tops - Chic magazine from Saturday's edition of 'The Star' springs to mind - the urge arrives.

The close proximity to the smoke, oil, and cooking foodstuffs is indeed a heady concoction, and one which I assume the Native American is more than familiar with - I reckon they know a thing or two of the way the world really works, and that's why they were 'civilised' . But, that's not for this thread, and I'm really rambling now... avent got a Scooby. "Ranks Raggy mmmmmmm mmmmm mmm" . Another TA there - they took the original "Scooby Doo" off air, and replaced it with sub-par muck. As I write I now know there's a 'hidden hand' in operation, and has been for millennia shaping destiny to the point we're at now.

Back on topic:
    Won't upset posters by going into details, but it involves a trip to the dunny.:eek:

A quick calculation is done, and in this instance discretion being the better part of valour the unwanted, but necessary moving of the pan to the hob diagonally opposite, and to the back is swiftly carried out, and this grillman only hopes that the latent heat on pan is enough to prevent a trip to A & E in the coming 24 hrs. 4-6 minutes is the hopeful outside estimate before "congealing" occurs, and a hearty breakfast is still on the horizon.

One then does the needful, and has to come to terms with the fact that after the "pressing business" is taken care of, that the customary 10 minutes of "downtime" after the job is completed will unfortunately have to be foregone in this instance.

It's all about priorities. Such is life. That well known aphorism "to fq one's s#%t up" had to have real world origins. Not unlike "time and tide". We're all governed by Mother Nature after all.

I might incorporate some of that into any future manifesto I come up with. I mean, after all modern life, if one were to look at it from a particular point of view serves only to do what was mentioned a few lines above.

Want to make God laugh - tell him you're about to make yourself a fry.... in the AM.

Also, somewhat TA'd that atm logistically speaking I don't have all the elements to try this out again. I shall sleep on it tonight, and try to solve the Shi-Fry problem. It's what Shackleton would have done on his trip to the South Pole, with a lot more problems and variables to contend with.

Am tired now - a long day. No doubt when I read this back tomorrow, or whenever I'll be disappointed at the quality, and overly long passage. On the flip side though, perhaps a long passage is better than remaining stagnant. Right about now another lame joke invoking some philosopher would perhaps be apt, but I nothing of those learned thinkers.

But I know what Jordan Peterson would do; after his stint in various rehab centres in Europe he would clean his room, and come back better and stronger.

Bed beckons; some clarity on the topics might come by first light.

Night all,

EDIT Like I said above, no 'save draft' option, and besides it's after midnight, so while it would have been tomorrow when I began yesterday, it's today now.

Spots struggling to emerge at the corner of the rim of your nostril. Painful as hell. I'm way too old for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Car insurance "discs" are not circular

• Registered Users Posts: 30,427 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Working on a bank holiday because I didn't know that today was one :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

They get charged cash handling fees by the banks too. Currently AIB change .45% on lodging notes and 2% on coins. Plus, less cash on premises or in transit to the bank reduces risk in regards to robbery. Any business worth their salt will be factoring both cash and card charges into their prices. I personally wouldn't inconvenience myself over it.

That's if the cash ever makes it to the bank. I live in a town I once heard a Garda sergeant refer to as 'the wild ****ing west'... ...at about 4am in a lock in...

Lots of local businesses have been slow to move to digital transactions. Cash and 'no need for a receipt' are way more common.
    PsychoPete wrote: »
    Paying before you fill your car doesn't really work if you are completely filling car

Well, if you can't pre-select a different fill mode, you could always give a refund. For example if you were paying by card and selected €50, your card would be pre-authorised before you start filling, but if you only use €45.31, that's what you would be charged. If paying with cash in a shop it's a little more complicated but not impossible. And how often do you need to fill a car anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

That's if the cash ever makes it to the bank. I live in a town I once heard a Garda sergeant refer to as 'the wild ****ing west'... ...at about 4am in a lock in...

Lots of local businesses have been slow to move to digital transactions. Cash and 'no need for a receipt' are way more common.

Well, if you can't pre-select a different fill mode, you could always give a refund. For example if you were paying by card and selected €50, your card would be pre-authorised before you start filling, but if you only use €45.31, that's what you would be charged. If paying with cash in a shop it's a little more complicated but not impossible. And how often do you need to fill a car anyway?

You reminded me of a TA I had at the pumps recently. Was quite busy and was waiting patiently for the fella in front to finish fueling.

He filled it up, fair enough but that wasn't enough for him. He spent a good two minutes pressing the pump again and again trying to get a few ml more into his tank!!

Has to be a bad case of OCD!

I've mentioned my "live vicariously through my job" friend before. Texted him last night to see how he is getting on. Reply this morning, "I'm very busy at work, in fact I was called into work today, I literally never stop working".

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

People that sell things online without prices.
    Ask what price it is and get "PM for price" answer.
    What's the big fcuking secret? Do you want to sell or not?

Oh God I hate this!!

Someone I know is selling jewellery online. All the one style just in different colours, but can she put the price up?? No. "PM me for price" It just does my head in, I don't want the hassle. So she is losing sales (to me anyway))

This is the kind of thing that pushes people to Amazon and EBay because at least they know the story!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,791 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

And how often do you need to fill a car anyway?

I top up my fuel at the end of every week regardless of how much I use during the week

Oh and "price on application" usually for big feck off houses for sale. Do they think they're something special, like they can't tell all the riff raff what price it is, only the elite few can know.

• Advertisement

TA at "Posts Zero"

I just can't fathom it, are they tech whizzeses or something? One who comes to mind posts in the "lyrics" thread in AH.

Can't think of their name, but they've posted several times, and the last time I saw a post of theirs the post count under their name was zero, or more likely 0, if I remember correctly.

A T annoying headscratcher :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement