Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

Gervais08 wrote: »
    I dont dislike cats per se, I just know the one next door wants to kill me!

It has the look!!!

:D

They all do, creatures from hell :P

My TA - I'm gonna call it a TA squared. Just left shop, and 15 - 20 yards down the road it dawns that I've forgotten to get something that I really can't do without - like milk (for tea and cereal).

Have to stop, and do something like take out my phone on the pretext of texting (that's an unintended pun, but I'll leave it in) usually, while I decide how to "play it" , and consider the options and variables: Will I just walk casual back into shop - is there another shop close by - is it a cool fkker/fkkress behind the till - if I go back into the shop, and feel the need to say summit please don't let it be some self-deprecating sheet like "I'd forget my head etc"... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

cj maxx wrote: »
    Where does one rehome a mouse ?

In some shrubs at the park. Rehome was maybe the wrong term.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Trying to give up smoking for good this time (Day 3), so using Nicorette gum when the cravings get really bad. Although I'm sure its either designed this way or its hard to disguise just how disgusting nicotine is, but my TA is that its absolutely rank. Working so far though, and its giving me extra motivation to stay disciplined so I don't have to start again

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

In some shrubs at the park. Rehome was maybe the wrong term.
    Just pray that Antare's hungry cat doesn't come across him!

Just pray that Antare's hungry cat doesn't come across him!

I do hope he makes it and it might seem sad but I do think of him or her and hope they are ok. It sounds silly I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I do hope he makes it and it might seem sad but I do think of him or her and hope they are ok. It sounds silly I know.
    Not silly no. Mice are a nuisance in the house but also very cute little things when you see them up close.

I'd be the same :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Oh thank you salty chip for helping me realise I have a cut on my lip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

TA that most of my online shopping needs to be returned. Sizes don't fit, or things have something minor that I'm not fond of

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Anyone still not fixed some clocks in the house. And you still dont know the time, so have to check my phone.

And then have a moan how the day is dragging in.:D

• Advertisement

TA when I was changing the time on my watch I couldn't find any noos stations on the telly that showed seconds as well as hour and minutes, so I could have it bang on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Trying to give up smoking for good this time (Day 3), so using Nicorette gum when the cravings get really bad. Although I'm sure its either designed this way or its hard to disguise just how disgusting nicotine is, but my TA is that its absolutely rank. Working so far though, and its giving me extra motivation to stay disciplined so I don't have to start again

Get the 'Icy White' flavour. No difference in taste from non-nicotine gums. The other stuff is like chewing on a fag butt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Get the 'Icy White' flavour. No difference in taste from non-nicotine gums. The other stuff is like chewing on a fag butt.

Thanks! I think you've described it well. I'm hoping I can be done once I get through this very expensive packet, but noted for future

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

TG4 freezing on Sky Channels while Ros na Rún is on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Thanks! I think you've described it well. I'm hoping I can be done once I get through this very expensive packet, but noted for future

I remember years ago trying to quit smoking and my dad said there's a box of patches in the press. I slapped one on and about an hour later was violently ill. I'll never forget the taste, it was like puking up ashtrays or an entire smoking area and it burned. Looked at the back of the box....expired 1995.. well thanks a bunch dad!!
    Think I had a cigarette to settle my nerves afterwards:)
    Fair play though, it'll be the best thing you ever do quitting smoking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

I’m giving ip too. Got an app called “smoke free”
    Really cool so far would recommend it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I gave up smoking almost ten years ago. I still use Icy White. So they work, I don't smoke anymore, but I'm still addicted to nicotine. Whenever I stopped before and didn't have 'stand by' gums I'd end up smoking again, even after 18 months once. Yes, they are expensive, but a helluva lot cheaper than smokes snd a 'safe' way of taking nicotine.Don't put unrealistic limits on yourself. As long as you're not sucking in carcinogens into your lungs, that's the important thing. Though I hope you do eventually manage to wean yourself off the gums too, unlike me. I think the trouble with Icy White is they are too pleasant to chew!
    TA I'm addicted to nicotine gums.

A battle of wits to capture the 2nd mouse. And so far they are winning. They are too big for the standard humane traps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

A battle of wits to capture the 2nd mouse. And so far they are winning. They are too big for the standard humane traps.

Where is this, at home or in work?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Not silly no. Mice are a nuisance in the house but also very cute little things when you see them up close.

I rescued one from my cats once and put him in a box and brought him to the vet. When I got to the vet, he had died. I felt really sad for him :( But at least he was spared the horror of being played with and tortured to death :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

POA.

I get that sometimes prices can be changeable, but most of the time I suspect they're going to quote the highest price they think you'll pay. Unless it's something I really need, I'm not going to bother. POA? FOAD!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Doesn't look good for my cat. Need to wait for blood results Friday but vet doesn't seem too optimistic. I rescued her 15 years ago when she was only a tiny kitten at death's door. She's moved house five times with me. She's my favourite cat in the whole world. Anyway sorry not really trivial :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,427 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Antares35 wrote: »
    Doesn't look good for my cat. Need to wait for blood results Friday but vet doesn't seem too optimistic. I rescued her 15 years ago when she was only a tiny kitten at death's door. She's moved house five times with me. She's my favourite cat in the whole world. Anyway sorry not really trivial :(

Oh no, sorry to hear that Antares. Poor kitty :(

Where is this, at home or in work?

At home, at 3 or 4 am I am awoken by their creepy scurrying on the tiles. I have ordered a bigger trap so will just have to live with it until it arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

At home, at 3 or 4 am I am awoken by their creepy scurrying on the tiles. I have ordered a bigger trap so will just have to live with it until it arrives.

You can get plug in deterrenty things, they emit a frequency that mice etc can hear and they don't like it...we have one but still ended up with a couple during the summer, but might be an option too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭4Ad

Why did the tragedy in Kanturk have to he on Primetime last night ?? Is not hard enough on the family and locality ??
    I know people are interested, it's human nature...

I didn't watch it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I cant buy knickers.Hello commando:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

dubstarr wrote: »
    I cant buy knickers.Hello commando:D

I can hear Donald Where’s Ya Troosers ? playing in my head!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Bought a lovely hoodie online last week, perfect fit.
    Ordered same one in a different colour, same size, same label.
    Second one came today but is significantly smaller than the first one and went straight back in the post to them.
    I'll have to order the next size up for the second colour.
    #Confused

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Watching First Dates UK and it really bothers me when grown women refer to grown men as boys.
    Alice, 38, a finance manager from Luton is looking for love...
    " I jus want a boy wif a nice smile.. with a bit about im..100%'
    Also annoys me when English people in general say " I'm not gonna lie yeah..."
    " I'm not gonna lie yeah..I'm looking for a fit boy with good chat"
    Any guy over the age of 18 is a man in my book.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement