Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,437 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Unless spidey's gone for reinforcements!

I'm just hoping it was a he and not a she that has left a nasty surprise somewhere :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,564 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

An apathetic neighbour couple with covid symptoms, openly coughing down the hallways and in elevator (including directly in front of my door - taking their dog out several times a day) can't be bothered wearing masks (which we continually get notices to wear, including another today!)

Their attitude: "we don't need a mask, we already have it." My ta - WHAT ABOUT OTHERS? "let them wear a mask."

- - - - Boggles :mad: the :mad: mind - - - -

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Americanisms

On another forum I'm a member of (a global one), the mods and posters there have an intense hatred for grammar nazis and will actively berate you for correcting someone's spelling!

One guy in particular keeps saying "worser" and it's driving me insane not being able to correct him (even in a non-aggressive manner)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

On another forum I'm a member of (a global one), the mods and posters there have an intense hatred for grammar nazis and will actively berate you for correcting someone's spelling!

One guy in particular keeps saying "worser" and it's trying me insane not being able to correct him (even in a non-aggressive manner)

Worser worser worser worser worser worser

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Americanisms

Kylta wrote: »
    Worser worser worser worser worser worser

Ah, it's only annoying when it's done unintentionally

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Ah, it's only annoying when it's done unintentionally

It was worth a try

• Registered Users Posts: 8,899 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Went to change my pants before taking the dog out to go to the toilet and low and behold, a behemoth of a spider crawls out of it.

Cue a scream from me and throwing the pants away from me...... Only to throw it on the bed. Spider fully exits said pants and runs under the duvet cover!!! :eek:

Sheer panic sets in and I bravely take one slipper off, pull back the covers and heroically smack the spider down onto the ground...... But no, victory is not mine, the fooker legs it in under the bed and it's not one that is easily moved.

TA that I am going to be murdered by a big ass spider in my sleep tonight :(

Last week I was asleep, I woke up but still kind of still asleep and I could feel this crawling up my arm. Massive spider, so I picked it and dropped it on herselfs cheek. She screamed and I laughed, good times

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Last week I was asleep, I woke up but still kind of still asleep and I could feel this crawling up my arm. Massive spider, so I picked it and dropped it on herselfs cheek. She screamed and I laughed, good times

Rather apt username:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

I think I've mice living in my walls....been hearing a scuffling sound now and again, just 5-10 seconds at a time, and not every day, but pretty sure it must be mice. Another bloody thing to sort out....just a bit drained with it all tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,437 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

PsychoPete wrote: »

That's evil!!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

One guy in particular keeps saying "worser" and it's driving me insane not being able to correct him (even in a non-aggressive manner)

OMG, like, that's literally the worst! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

People who eh, em, ffall eh, over em their uh their em, words.
    Person giving an interview on the radio this morning and every second word was eh, em, uh.
    Had to turn it off it was so irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Dear Ann Summers,

Please stop emailing me. I am not interested in your corsets and tutus. There's a pandemic out there, and some of us are lucky to still have veet cream and razors.

In addition, since I've had a child, my body is now only suitable for viewing in the dark, so your cerise pink lacey attire is completely wasted on me.

Please remove me from your mailing list because you just TA me with thoughts of what I used to be!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,564 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

:rolleyes: That low level gnawing you sometimes get, in the pit of your stomach, uttering that something is amiss...

...yet you can't seem to identify precisely what the bother is ?

Two TA's in one.

I woke up far too early this am, and there's no shops open for to get milk for my Weetabix. Am bloody hungry - eating bikkies to keep starvation at bay :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Someone just asked for a recipe for a toasted sandwich on the cooking forum I'm on. Not on this site btw. A fecking toasted sandwich?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

deise08 wrote:
    People who eh, em, ffall eh, over em their uh their em, words. Person giving an interview on the radio this morning and every second word was eh, em, uh. Had to turn it off it was so irritating.

Agree with you here

It's even more annoying when posters on boards reply to a post and the first word in the reply is eh or erm.

What is that all about?

Someone just asked for a recipe for a toasted sandwich on the cooking forum I'm on. Not on this site btw. A fecking toasted sandwich?

That's funny :pac: You could post that one in the other thread as well :p

It's a 'dual purpose' T

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

That's funny :pac: You could post that one in the other thread as well :p

It's a 'dual purpose' T

It irks me. They have nawthin to say just 'recipe please'. They could just say it looks tasty or something.

Agree with you here

It's even more annoying when posters on boards reply to a post and the first word in the reply is eh or erm.

What is that all about?

Not all of us have the diction of Oswald Mosley eg.. but there is a limit... If a Public Speaker/Representative is uhming , erming, and ahhing over every third or fourth word then, yeah, it can be annoying.. Like what are they doing trying to speak or how much are they getting paid, and they can't even get out one coherent sentence without stuttering?

I can appreciate both sides on this one.

TA this bloody year; cabin fever and resignation doth spiral :( With little or no hope offered by those 'stuttering on the airwaves' - fkkem :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

It may have been my housemate. She fancied a toastie for lunch the other day and starts pulling out the toaster. I was like "What are you doing, that's cheese on toast, not a toastie?!" and she went "Yeah but how do you make a toastie without the machine?" I was like "In the pan or on the grill, woman!"

38 years of age and she genuinely had no idea you could make a toastie without a sandwich maker...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Dial Hard wrote: »
    ..."Yeah but how do you make a toastie without the machine?"...

Make toast, make sandwich, pop in microwave for thirty seconds to heat filling/melt cheese. No need to heat grill or clean pan.
    You're welcome.

It irks me. They have nawthin to say just 'recipe please'. They could just say it looks tasty or something.

I can sense your frustration there... There you are posting and giving/sharing advice, and along comes a poster who rarely contributes to any thread, but comes along with what appears to be a 'sense of entitlement'.

The same type that has probably about a ratio of 4:1 in the posts v starting thread stakes. One would expect more 'humility' , or a sense of gratitude on their part. But no, it's usually a 'gimme gimme gimme, tell me how nowww!'
    outlook :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Make toast, make sandwich, pop in microwave for thirty seconds to heat filling/melt cheese. No need to heat grill or clean pan.
    You're welcome.

That's an abomination, not a toastie.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    That's an abomination, not a toastie.

Never tried that method myself, but it sounded 'wrong' somehow...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

You're welcome.

You monster

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

You're welcome.

where is the vomit smiley when you need one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭donegal_man

I appear to have annoyed some people over something trivial.

My work here is done. Muahahahaha!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

where is the vomit smiley when you need one.

vomit-boy01-vomit-puke-sick-smiley-emoticon-000652-large.gif?w=450

You're welcome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

You're welcome.

That makes the bread soft.

My TA is autocorrect in my phone appears to have had a stroke. It keeps changing "this" to "Thai" and just recently, changed "morning" to Moishe, which is a given name from Yiddish. What??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement