Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Antares35 wrote: »
    That makes the bread soft.

My TA is autocorrect in my phone appears to have had a stroke. It keeps changing "this" to "Thai" and just recently, changed "morning" to Moishe, which is a given name from Yiddish. What??

Oy vey.

Antares35 wrote: »
    That makes the bread soft.

My TA is autocorrect in my phone appears to have had a stroke. It keeps changing "this" to "Thai" and just recently, changed "morning" to Moishe, which is a given name from Yiddish. What??

Maybe someone/something thinks you're one of the 'chosen people'. :P
    It's like a secret club with lots of perks, not unlike 'the masons'. Still, it does sound somewhat 'disconcerting' - tread carefully Antares35 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

An ad for the company I work for just showed up on Boards. Very inconsiderate of them, it really gets in the way of slacking off work by dicking around here, seeing my company logo show up in AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

The local post office.

Checked and double checked the times online today to make sure I'd get there to pick up a delivery.

Arrived at said post office to see shutters down and a hand scrawled note to say opening hours have changed. F**k me, they couldn't put it up on the website like every other shop/company? At least type it up and print it instead of making someone try to work out your bad handwriting.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Sacrificing my thumb for the greater good.... and still twisting my knee :eek:

There goes the weekend... hobbling around. :mad:

• Advertisement

TA at stumbling, being caught off balance, falling etc in apartments.

Ya know (because when ya preface summit with 'ya know' it's accepted, without question, that everyone's in agreement :pac: ) so, ya know if you stumble in a confined space like your small living room, or bathroom that your brain takes over, and does be doing them micro-calculations so as to instruct one's limbs to do what needs to be done to save oneself from falling, or to cause least damage.. ie "Breaking my fall".

But; if the adjoinining wall is the best place to aim one's palm in the eventuality of a stumble, the brain might decide that this is not a good idea, as that 'dull thud' might be perceived as an 'aggressive act' by said neighbour; thereby entailing more 'calculations' thus increasing the possibility of injury.

The thrust of the above is that 'peaceful enjoyment' is nigh on impossible in these poorly constructed/soundproofed dwellings.

"Good neighbours build good fences" - fk all can be done about prebuilt inner walls in apartments by neighbours, be they good, bad, or indifferent.. :( :mad:

TA'd at "Every morning at half past four/half past 8" Grrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

waiting for 4 hours in a hospital to see a Dr, with no working internet or book to read, etc :mad: I'll be better prepared next time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Housemate's girlfriend wanted to cook us all dinner. I thought great, dinner is always better when someone cooks for you. She made Shepard's Pie but used Turkey gravy in it. It was a very strange slop but I had to tell a lie to not hurt her feelings. My TA is the Turkey Gravy and the lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I got a whitener without the drugs. Wtf like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Dial Hard wrote: »
    That's an abomination, not a toastie.

Don't wish to be judgmental...... but I just would not eat this ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭On the Beach

Make toast, make sandwich, pop in microwave for thirty seconds to heat filling/melt cheese. No need to heat grill or clean pan. You're welcome.

I tried it and I thought it was A1 Sharon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

TA when a TV show has a cut to an alternate camera but the presenter keeps looking at the first camera

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

TA when a photo, or worse, a video has text shown from some real-life place, but the text is backwards

My other TA is mouse number 2.Still haven't caught him/her despite all the treats in the trap. From peanut butter, apples, cheese, even strawberries. It has become my nemesis.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

TA I've still not heard results from our vet :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Have you tried with dark chocolate?

New Home wrote: »
    Have you tried with dark chocolate?

With the mouse? No never thought of chocolate. Does that work?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

They go mad for dark chocolate.

They go mad for dark chocolate.

I did not know that. Mouse number 2 is becoming expensive in tastes lol.

• Advertisement

Must be the city mouse. The other was the country mouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I did not know that. Mouse number 2 is becoming expensive in tastes lol.

Go Bruce Willis on his ass. Yippee Kiy Ah. Blast the whole house open. Worry about damage later.

Possibly so the first mouse was caught about 10 minutes of setting the trap. The other is being very clever.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

First one was a health nut. This one is a junk food loving couch-potato :D

Go Bruce Willis on his ass. Yippee Kiy Ah. Blast the whole house open. Worry about damage later.

I would love to because that scrambling noise on the tiles give me the creepies. But it's not my house. I wish my tarantulas were trained mousers.

I posted this elsewhere ages ago (it was about a house I was sharing that was riddled with them).
    The humane traps I had in the place I was renting in Dublin worked great, once we used dark chocolate and peanut butter as bait. Then they suddenly stopped working. We couldn't figure out why, until one of my flatmates asked if we had been taking the fun-size Smarties she had left on the counter... We looked under the kitchen presses, and lo and behold, there was a veritable stash of mini cardboard boxes - all empty, of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

The daughter. They’re watching YouTube on the tv, so me ,being funny shouts, “the floor is lava “ and jump on the sofa. Her brother jumps up and laughs, SHE goes “ that’s old school, I did that when I was 6” She’s now 7 and a few months ffs.

*long and complicated, and could use maps - for illustrative purposes.

An indicating related TA

Me, being the 'pedestrian' , and in this instance the 'oncoming driver' deigning to actually indicate

Bear with me, because 'the observer effect' comes into play here.

I'm walking down the street, or the footpath (on the right hand side).

There's a right hand turn coming up, leading into an estate or whatever, and I'm about 5-7 yards from said junction/turn.

And ahead, and coming towards me there's a car approx 60 - 80 yards ahead of me.

There is no other (in this instance/example) cars following this car.

Then the kernt? (the observer effect has come into play, so am unsure if he deserves the kernt moniker) he goes and indicates left ie the junction that I am about 5-7 yards away from, to 'stake his claim' as it were. His thinking being that I (as is more than likely with it being a 'minor street') am walking straight past the junction, and at our 'rates of acceleration' , absent his indicating we would meet somewhere in the middle of the junction with him having to yield for me - the pedestrian.

I have coined the acronym CSM (claim staking motherfu*k%r) for these types.

The reason that I am annoyed is, if he didn't see any pedestrians coming in his direction, and there were no cars behind him the CSM kernt would most likely not have indicated :mad:

TLDR a pedestrian with a beef over indicating vehicles (as opposed to the usual, and righteous beef over non-indicating vehicles)
    Also - could do with maps, to provide 'clarity' - too complicated for me alas.

He just scurried under the sofa. I pull it out and he is nowhere to be seen! I am annoyed now by being outsmarted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

He just scurried under the sofa. I pull it out and he is nowhere to be seen! I am annoyed now by being outsmarted.
    He might be inside the sofa, a hole in the bottom maybe? even very small?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement