Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

He just scurried under the sofa. I pull it out and he is nowhere to be seen! I am annoyed now by being outsmarted.

Did you ever see Cape Fear? Where Max Cady hides under the family’s car?

That’s what he’s like under your sofa.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,427 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

He just scurried under the sofa. I pull it out and he is nowhere to be seen! I am annoyed now by being outsmarted.

Have you checked everywhere you store food?

We had a mouse that we weren't able to catch for a few weeks, he wouldn't touch cheese, bread, cakes, chocolate, etc. Turned out that he had discovered the biscuit basket where we store unopened biscuits and the cute fecker ripped a hole in the packet at the back and at the bottom of the pile. No wonder he wasn't hungry.

But once we knew where he was getting food, we could remove it and a day later we caught him in one of the traps.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Go Bruce Willis on his ass. Yippee Kiy Ah. Blast the whole house open. Worry about damage later.
    Speaking of, they have made an ad with Bruce Willis as John McClane for car batteries :confused:They have lots of people from the first film in it so it could have been great. Could have...it is absolute tripe :(

Willis doesn't have to act the world weary, grumpy attitude anymore, he's like that all the time now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

He might be inside the sofa, a hole in the bottom maybe? even very small?

There is 2 tears in the bottom of the sofa so it is possible. Why oh why won't he just go in the trap and be released in the park. Housemates are suggesting the kill traps now and that will cause a bit of drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,639 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

When you view a celeb as a Legend and they produce sh*te work in thier field of expertise.

Example- flicking through Netflix - clicked on most popular.
    Watched 15:17 Paris.

Directed by Clint Eastwood it was crap. Crap dialogue and loads of filler.
    Now every time I watch an Eastwood old Western or Dirty Harry. All I will think is Clint made 15:17 Paris. What a knob.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Americanisms

When you view a celeb as a Legend and they produce sh*te work in thier field of expertise.

Example- flicking through Netflix - clicked on most popular.
    Watched 15:17 Paris.

Directed by Clint Eastwood it was crap. Crap dialogue and loads of filler.
    Now every time I watch an Eastwood old Western or Dirty Harry. All I will think is Clint made 15:17 Paris. What a knob.

Ah, it's bound to happen after so many attempts at the directing game that Eastwood would pull out a turkey. He should be let off this once, he has enough good work under his belt to make up for it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I can't walk out my door without being exposed to covid droplets being coughed right outside. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Antares35 wrote: »
    That makes the bread soft.

My TA is autocorrect in my phone appears to have had a stroke. It keeps changing "this" to "Thai" and just recently, changed "morning" to Moishe, which is a given name from Yiddish. What??

Mine keeps changing lockdown to lickdown. Dunno what lickdown is doing in my phones dictionary.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Mine keeps changing lockdown to lickdown. Dunno what lickdown is doing in my phones dictionary.

Imagine the confusion when I was late for a family party because I was stuck in a packed tescos buying wine.

Quicly messaged my mother (pre smartphone and predictive text) what I thought was 'going to be late. Fcucking queue' but autocorrect sent 'going to be late. Fcucking Steve'.

Even worse was my mother replied 'who is Steve'?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭4Ad

joeguevara wrote: »
    Imagine the confusion when I was late for a family party because I was stuck in a packed tescos buying wine.

Quicly messaged my mother (pre smartphone and predictive text) what I thought was 'going to be late. Fcucking queue' but autocorrect sent 'going to be late. Fcucking Steve'.

Ahhh Shamer..
    Good one though..

• Advertisement

American recipes. A half cup of this. A quarter cup of that. Pain in the hole googling the equivalent in grams. And I am not going out to the shop to look for these cup measurement things. Waste of time and money. Ufff......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭donegal_man

American recipes. A half cup of this. A quarter cup of that. Pain in the hole googling the equivalent in grams. And I am not going out to the shop to look for these cup measurement things. Waste of time and money. Ufff......

According to an American friend the original intent was to simplify recipes as early cookbooks were inclined to say things like, "to a goodly amount of flour add a generous quantity of sugar". So long as you stick to the proportions all should be well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Audi drivers :mad:

What is it about an Audi that turns people into lead-footed bullys?
    Or is it just that bum-brains are naturally drawn to that particular brand of automoblie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Or is it just that bum-brains are naturally drawn to that particular brand of automoblie?

Not sure but they have become the new BMW. Must do something to the ego when you sit in the driving seat of one.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

joeguevara wrote: »

Ha ha ha ha, fantastic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Doing anything to avoid the reading I need to do for uni, I started to clear out a deep under-counter cupboard.

I come across a half dozen plastic Chinese food type containers with their lids. They are absolutely filthy(even by the standards of the ppl involved) some of them have their lid taped to them.

What kind of mind put away dirty(not just stained) food containers but ahead of this, tapes their dirty lids to them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Bredabe wrote: »
    Doing anything to avoid the reading I need to do for uni, I started to clear out a deep under-counter cupboard.

I come across a half dozen plastic Chinese food type containers with their lids. They are absolutely filthy(even by the standards of the ppl involved) some of them have their lid taped to them.

What kind of mind put away dirty(not just stained) food containers but ahead of this, tapes their dirty lids to them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here.... Students?? :p :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The phrase "You just love to see it".

Eh, I'll be the judge of what I love to see, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I'm gonna go out on a limb here.... Students?? :p :pac:

A grown-ass man with a driving licence and a job!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,412 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Not sure but they have become the new BMW. Must do something to the ego when you sit in the driving seat of one.

I dont know what you mean. BMW drivers are fantastic and they are all extremely attractive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bid23cjdd0yaqkeakopgj15sc366hj3f8oayez7fw&rid=giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Back garden fireworks.
    Christ every other neighbour setting them off.

deise08 wrote: »
    Back garden fireworks.
    Christ every other neighbour setting them off.

It is like beirut in the 1980s where I live.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

It is like beirut in the 1980s where I live.

Well at least it's not Beirut in 2020!

Sorry if I offend anybody

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Too young to remember Beirut in the '80s (and the '70s)?

TA'd at young people who dont remember the same things as me *shakes fist at cloud"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

New Home wrote: »
    Too young to remember Beirut in the '80s (and the '70s)?

Well they had a very aggressive civil war going on. The Irish Defence forces suffered casualties while trying to carry out "peacekeeping " duties.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Sat down with a cup of tea and I said to herself to throw me in a twirl. I opened it to my disgust of this miserable scrawny lenght of chocolate so I had to eat two to make up the difference

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Sat down with a cup of tea and I said to herself to throw me in a twirl. I opened it to my disgust of this miserable scrawny lenght of chocolate so I had to eat two to make up the difference

I always have 2 of a treat, minimum. It's usually more though. Everything is smaller now :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My housemate's wonderment at how much chocolate "we're" getting through.

I don't eat chocolate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement