Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

TA'd I have been sick for a week and thought I was getting better but feel worse today than I have since last Sunday.

This is not a time to live alone :o

Hope you feel better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Feel like I was profiled by gardaí at a checkpoint earlier.

They were breathalyzing and testing for drugs in the system, and I was fully compliant, although ****ting it as I had a few cans during the live sport yesterday evening (like I imagine a sizeable chunk of the country).

Passed both tests anyway thankfully, but I got the impression that he was keen to "do" me for something. Full inspection of the car, checking my tax discs etc. Had me standing on the side of the road for ten minutes as the swab test for the presence of cocaine etc was processed (never done any drugs in my life so knew I was okay). I'm surprised he didn't get out a measuring tape to see if I was .1 metre outside of my 5KM zone. And not one other car had to conduct a test in the time I was there.

Now I am a 32 male so probably fall into the age category of drivers who do break the law that way, but I can't help feeling if I was ten years older, not wearing a tracksuit or a woman, I wouldn't have been subjected to such scrutiny.

Were you wearin a "Fcuck the Cops" tee shirt. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Americanisms

When I'm watching the Chase and the Chasers patronize the contestants who performed quite poorly in the final chase.

Paul Sinha is the worst offender, often saying a group of two-four contestants played brilliantly when they only got 16 or 17

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Antares35 wrote:
    Grown adults thinking Christmas makes it ok to refer to sleepwear as "jammies". Eugh.

My missus has a "lounge suit".

Pyjamas to you and me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

People on boards who place their response before the post they're quoting.

Worse than Hitler.

• Advertisement

They can't scare us with covid anymore so they've started the storm warnings. Go away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭On the Beach

Antares35 wrote:
    They can't scare us with covid anymore so they've started the storm warnings. Go away.

Level 8, colour blue!!! Magenta, stay indoors. Are you seeing the colour orange?? This may mean that you're mental.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

'chapeau'
    When did this become a thing?
    Whatever happened to 'fair fcuks' or 'hats off' or simple 'congratulations'?
    Lately it's all 'chapeau'.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Americanisms

deise08 wrote: »
    'chapeau'

I've seen Irish people get annoyed at Americanisms and Britishisms, but I never expected to see people get annoyed by Frenchisms :eek:

deise08 wrote: »
    'chapeau'

It's a new one on me :(

a la mode agus de rigeur as they say :p Those soigne fekkers in their chateaus... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I did a big weekly family shop on Friday morning. I specifically remember grabbing a bag of potatoes.

I cannot find the potatoes now. I have the receipt, and the potatoes are listed.

Where the hell are the potatoes? Am I going to find them in two months time, down behind the sideboard, rotten and sprouting? Are they in a bag somewhere that I forgot to unpack? What else is in the bag?

TA I did my shopping on Friday and ended up with an extra bag of potatoes. They're not on my receipt. I've no idea where they came from. Feel bad eating them thinking of someone else missing out 😸

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I did a big weekly family shop on Friday morning. I specifically remember grabbing a bag of potatoes.

I cannot find the potatoes now. I have the receipt, and the potatoes are listed.

Where the hell are the potatoes? Am I going to find them in two months time, down behind the sideboard, rotten and sprouting? Are they in a bag somewhere that I forgot to unpack? What else is in the bag?

Did you check your boot or foot wells in backseat/ passenger seat?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

Sitting in ALL DAY waiting for a delivery. I have to go outside to accept them so it's a bit of a faff. I saw the truck outside from the window about half an hour ago and thought 'finally, I can start making dinner'. Got my shoes on ready to go out and get it while your man was turning on the road. The doorbell never rang. I ran downstairs and there was nobody there, no sign of it. The idiot must have put it through the wrong letterbox. Could they not just take a moment to check they're at the right house? I think those people are away somewhere and I haven't seen them in weeks, and I've ordered something I needed today, hence paying extra for next-day delivery.

I know it's a first world problem, but I'm pretty irritated. I don't expect to order something expensive, pay extra for delivery and then have it posted through the wrong letterbox by someone who doesn't give a fcuk. It's now created a problem where I'm going to have to go and knock there every day to try to get the thing. Why can people not try to be more competent?

I've normally an inherent crank, it's just who I am, no different from the colour of my skin. But today I said I'd try out a sunny disposition just to see what happened. Instead of shaking my fists at Sunday day trippers that I know to be 5km beyond their homes, I waved. One guy actually stopped to ask me a nice place to walk his dog and we'd a great chat. Another asked directions. A few waved back. I got a sense that we are all just in this together. It felt lovely and fuzzy.

I hate it. I'm much more in my comfort zone being an antichrist. Back to normal tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Antares35 wrote: »
    I've normally an internet crank, it's just who I am, no different from the colour of my skin. But today I said I'd try out a sunny disposition just to see what happened. Instead of shaking my fists at Sunday day trippers that I know to be 5km beyond their homes, I waved. One guy actually stopped to ask me a nice place to walk his dog and we'd a great chat. Another asked directions. A few waved back. I got a sense that we are all just in this together. It felt lovely and fuzzy.

Went for a 30km drive today with my dog, to get away from my kids who wouldn't stop moaning about being hungry and there being no potatoes. Dog was making signs that he needed to poop, so I pulled in. Next thing this guy started waving and chatting to me. Turns out he was quite nice, so I had to pretend I was looking for a place to walk the dog. TA'd now that I feel bad that I let my dog poop in his garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Went for a 30km drive today with my dog, to get away from my kids who wouldn't stop moaning about being hungry and there being no potatoes. Dog was making signs that he needed to poop, so I pulled in. Next thing this guy started waving and chatting to me. Turns out he was quite nice, so I had to pretend I was looking for a place to walk the dog. TA'd now that I feel bad that I let my dog poop in his garden.

Well needed laugh, thank you! Sorry for your TA :cool:

You actually got me on that, mostly cause I'm not a guy so didn't clock it til the end :D (and I speed read so missed the vital potato clue lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,412 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Sam Smiths voice. He always sounds so whiny.

Sam Smiths voice. They always sounds so whiny.

FYP.... :D

• Advertisement

FYP.... :D

Huh?

Huh?

Sam likes to be called they now ohnonotmale... :D

TA's that Anton has been lumbered with another donkey on Strictly this year. They don't give him a chance at all

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Sam likes to be called they now ohnonotmale... :D

Oh yes but they want kids and want to be called Mummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Too tired to stay awake. Too early to go to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Homophones and autocorrect - a lethal combination :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,481 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Woman posts on Facebook.
    “What time does Lidl open at?”

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A Student/trainee I work with is friends with Mary who has bipolar, to make matters worse Mary's gf has been committed with a bipolar episode. Mary is having a hard time with it all.

The student is having a hissy bc Mary isn't getting better when she has been told to 'be strong' 3 times already.

I don't know where to even start with how annoyed that has made me.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭donegal_man

The extra "R" that English people add on to words ending with an "A" or "AW" sound. As in my brother in law referring to where he originally came from as "East Angliar" or the children playing on the "see-sawer". Oh and the creeping pronunciation of "Caitlín" as "Kate-Lynn".

• Advertisement

TA that I was watching "Minder" , and I am both saddened (:p) , and humbled that I shall never be able to reach the lofty heights of his (malapropisms aside :pac:) guileful and duplicitous badinage, and muddy equivocations :o :pac:

A veritable Cockney Shakespeare :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement