Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA that ''proud to be an american' shiite that plays in the trump rallies. gway will ye.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

HeyV wrote: »
    I don’t know why but EVERY fecking time I go to type ‘thanks’, 9 out of 10 times i somehow end up writing ‘thnaks’.... :(

Regrads,

Boom

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Robsweezie wrote: »
    TA that ''proud to be an american' shiite that plays in the trump rallies. gway will ye.
    Should be playing that old Beatles classic Back In The USSR :D

spelling + keyboarding = I'm thinking 'their' but brain usually directs digits to type 'there' - Not an uncommon 'affliction' around here I'd venture :(:D

TA - Limey Green that I'm seeing today where I don't think I saw Limey Green yesterday. :cool: :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Regrads,

Boom

Regardsm, Nwe Hmor. :mad::rolleyes:

TA - Limey Green that I'm seeing today where I don't think I saw Limey Green yesterday. :cool: :D
    You should probably to get a doctor to take a look.

New Home wrote: »

You should probably to get a doctor to take a look.

Must be that "googil krome :P" what I signed up for earlier; should be used to it come tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

Antares35 wrote: »
    Was really looking forward to pizza for lunch but just managed to burn my tongue with that bástarding sneaky piece of cheese that seems ok but is always scalding underneath when you bite into it :( It was the first slice too, so the rest is pointless now.

Had a similar incident with an egg and hash brown muffin for lunch. You know you should wait a few minutes and give it time to cool but every time you think 'Ah it'll be grand'.

It's never grand.

TA that Melbourne Cup - 'The race that stops a nation' is on later on - 4 am , but the whole programme schedule is about 6hrs long, and I aint got many percents left in recording space. And 'loyve toy vee' , as they say in Australia takes up more space than pre-recorded stuff.. I'm torn - I might have to delete 8 or 10 hours of stuff I probably never would've watched anyway :pac: :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

dubstarr wrote: »
    I was peeling prawns and had the bin beside me.

Dont put the prawns in the bin.

Of course i put the prawns in the bin and the shells back in the pot.Luckily i copped on after the 1st one.

I only like smooth soup and hate broths or when there's lumps of veg in it. I was making lumpy soup a while ago chatting to my friend. I was like uughh lumps..I'll just sieve this and its ready.
    Que clever old me pouring the soup into a sieve over the sink. My friend said he saw what was about to happen but thought...ah she has to learn ðŸ˜..I was left with a sieve full of lumpy veg and no soup. TA I'm an idiot :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭HeyV

Deja Boo wrote: »
    understand - my fingers just cant seem to spell tomoro (I know how to spell tomorrow), but my keyboarding get confused every single time.

It’s flipping annoying.... grrr!

Thnaks Deja :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

HeyV wrote: »
    It’s flipping annoying.... grrr!

Thnaks Deja :D

lol, and maybe tormoro will be a better day for ya HeyV ;) :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭On the Beach

My son having to get his third test as we need it to get back to work and get the kids back to the creche. I don't blame the creche as they have to protect their business, staff and all the kids but the government strategy for covid, considering the hospitalisation/ mortality level is frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Porklife wrote: »
    I only like smooth soup and hate broths or when there's lumps of veg in it. I was making lumpy soup a while ago chatting to my friend. I was like uughh lumps..I'll just sieve this and its ready.
    Que clever old me pouring the soup into a sieve over the sink. My friend said he saw what was about to happen but thought...ah she has to learn ðŸ˜..I was left with a sieve full of lumpy veg and no soup. TA I'm an idiot :)

You need one of those whisky (not the drink) wandy things.....actually very handy to have for lil bean weaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

You need one of those whisky (not the drink) wandy things.....actually very handy to have for lil bean weaning.

Wish I could get a wandy thing that made having the whisky good for lil bean ðŸ™႒

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Hand held blender. I use it for soup. They don't cost a lot. 15, 20 at most. You plug them in.

a smoothy blender even, it cuts thru my frozen fruit bits like a dream.

See I like the wand as you can blend it all in the pot and the pot can then go in the fridge with any leftovers.

The smoothie blender you usually need to blend in batches as it's hot, and if your like me, there's a massive risk of scalding yourself:) so extra flaffing about.

Hand held blender.

Is another name for whisky wandy things :) you might have better luck in a search engine with "hand held blender " :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

See I like the wand as you can blend it all in the pot and the pot can then go in the fridge with any leftovers.

The smoothie blender you usually need to blend in batches as it's hot, and if your like me, there's a massive risk of scalding yourself:) so extra flaffing about.

good points! :)

good points! :)

Experience :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Is another name for whisky wandy things :) you might have better luck in a search engine with "hand held blender " :D

They're basically a domestic version of the professional ones. They are handy though and cheap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

dubstarr wrote: »
    I was peeling prawns and had the bin beside me.

Of course i put the prawns in the bin and the shells back in the pot.Luckily i copped on after the 1st one.

I did something similar a few years ago with soup. It was mushroom flavour. I like the taste of mushrooms but not the texture - too slug like. Anyway so I figured I'd just use a colander to get rid of the bits. Poured the soup down the sink and was left with the bits. To this day, I still can't believe how stupid I was :D

Also somewhat related when I'm holding the wee one, gently jigging her to keep her calm while making up a bottle. You've to "shake vigorously up and down for ten seconds" to make sure the formula is dissolved - am always petrified I'll accidentally shake her by mistake. Kind of like how you can't pat your head and rub your tummy at the same time!

Another one, I never really noticed before that people casually abuse the parent and child parking spots. Then someone on a FB group pointed it out and I see that it's rife. I think 8 of them were used in Aldi this evening - and not a baby or child in the shop. I don't bring my baby to the shop anyway but it's just another TA that I was blissfully unaware of til someone said it.

Also, bits in marmalade and jam. Stop masquerading as fruit and just be gone.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Hand held blender. I use it for soup. They don't cost a lot. 15, 20 at most. You plug them in.
    Or invest 80 quid in a Kenwood Triblade with all the accessories, or around 40 for just the blender. They are fantastic, so much better than the cheapo versions, they are super powerful, faster than you can imagine, don't splash ever (unless you rrreeeeally want to) and because the base where the blades are is shaped like the crenellations of a castle and doesn't have loops or rings, no strings from the veggies get caught (I know my description is rubbish, but look it up, you'll see what I mean about the shape). Honestly, one of the best purchases I ever made.

TA at the Overton Window. The Govt's around the World have done a good job of making it very difficult to ask a question, and to get the requisite answer with regards to levels of restrictions/ casualties etc

be damned if I'm wearing a mask when this whole thing is blown wildly out of proportion - anonymous internet user 2020

how can you be so callous? Do you not care about anyone only yourself? - response to above..

OP is now a pariah on internet discussion sites.... The word on the street however, is hard to assess, due to there being sfa folk on the street.

TA sleep didn't last long :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

I wish I had a lid for this or some kind of waterproof cover for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

I wish I had a lid for this or some kind of waterproof cover for it
    You could fashion your own cover from tarpaulin, as an example you could cut to measure from this https://tarpaulinfactory.ie/tarpaulins/economy/green-tarpaulin-12m-x-18m

And use ratchet straps to hold it down, https://tarpaulinfactory.ie/accessories/ratchet-straps/ratchet-strap-25mm-x-4m-1pc

Those ratchet straps are quite big for that crate but you could look for smaller ones elsewhere. If you have an old raincoat you could try fit that over it too. Or if you're willing to spend the money you could buy another crate with a lid. This company does a few, here is the cheapest one https://radiusoffice.ie/folding-container-trolley-with-lid-blue-green-379531--1

MY TA is ridiculous but I was expecting to be really busy in work this morning so got up raring to go, drove here blasting AC/DC in the car to get myself into action mode, nearly lost my voice trying to do all the high pitched screaming and arrived to find all the work was done by someone else last night after I left. Now I'm sitting on my hole on Boards with energy to burn and nothing to do with it.

You could fashion your own cover from tarpaulin, as an example you could cut to measure from this https://tarpaulinfactory.ie/tarpaulins/economy/green-tarpaulin-12m-x-18m

And use ratchet straps to hold it down, https://tarpaulinfactory.ie/accessories/ratchet-straps/ratchet-strap-25mm-x-4m-1pc

Those ratchet straps are quite big for that crate but you could look for smaller ones elsewhere. If you have an old raincoat you could try fit that over it too. Or if you're willing to spend the money you could buy another crate with a lid. This company does a few, here is the cheapest one https://radiusoffice.ie/folding-container-trolley-with-lid-blue-green-379531--1

I was going to suggest one of the ikea blue bags as a "rough and ready" solution if you know anyone venturing to ikea.

The big lidl bags might fit over it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

On sat he painted the stairs, even tho I needed to get up to my workspace. The paint smell was totally overwhelming for ppl allergic like I am, there is light coloured lino on the floor at the bottom of the steps, which he's had to clean a million times as dog and it took 2 days to dry completely.

Today he is painting it again and I still have to get upstairs to my workplace.

WTAF and TAx100000

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

I was going to suggest one of the ikea blue bags as a "rough and ready" solution if you know anyone venturing to ikea.

The big lidl bags might fit over it?

MY TA is ridiculous but I was expecting to be really busy in work this morning so got up raring to go, drove here blasting AC/DC in the car to get myself into action mode, nearly lost my voice trying to do all the high pitched screaming and arrived to find all the work was done by someone else last night after I left. Now I'm sitting on my hole on Boards with energy to burn and nothing to do with it.

thanks, guys :) will look into these

• Advertisement

Or cover the lot in clingfilm after you've filled it. :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement