Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Dial Hard wrote: »
    That was your biggest mistake. Dogs are hands-down the best way to clean up broken eggs.

We had a German Shepherd growing up. His breakfast used to be a big bowl of cornflakes and milk, with two eggs broken into it.

You could also give him a hard boiled egg with just the top sliced off it, and he'd be able to eat the egg out without damaging the shell at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,953 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

when someone asks a question on boards and you type out a useful reply.
    Then 20 minutes later someone else comes along and paraphrases what you said.

Why would the OP need the information twice?
    It's a real case of, "I know, I know, I know, I know"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I accidentally pulled out loads of hair. I will like Ray D'arcy in no time. (I'm working on the beard)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Yeah depends how much of a time gap is between replies. I know I've replied but someone answered the same thing while I was typing. Generally I'm too lazy to delete the reply.

My TA is when someone makes a comment on boards.
    Then 26 minutes later someone else comes along and paraphrases what you said.

• Advertisement

Yeah depends how much of a time gap is between replies. I know I've replied but someone answered the same thing while I was typing. Generally I'm too lazy to delete the reply.
    My TA is when someone makes a comment on boards.
    Then 26 minutes later someone else comes along and paraphrases what you said.

TA when the multi quoters come out in force with long winded paragraphs explaining the fall of mankind and every other quirk they can think of :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,953 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Yes, that can often happen, that's why I said, 20 minutes later.

New TA:

Queuing in petrol station shop to pay for fuel.
    Guy towards the top of the queue decides to chivalrously allow a woman who just came in to go ahead of them.
    Eh, hello? How about checking with all the people behind you in the queue, you prat??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

The pric*s on Eggheads who not only have to explain why they know the answer is what it is but also why the other 3 options aren't the right answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

optogirl wrote: »
    The pric*s on Eggheads who not only have to explain why they know the answer is what it is but also why the other 3 options aren't the right answer.
    And that little nurk Kevin who won't even take a guess in sudden death unless he knows the answer for certain.
    Play the game you stick in the mud :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭donegal_man

optogirl wrote: »

"Welcome to Eggheads. Well, we couldn't call it Smug Pricks, could we?" Ed Byrne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I had a 125g bag of crisps last night with 'approximately 3 servings' written on the side.

I believe one third of a bag of crisps would only serve to arouse my hunger, without bedding her back down again.

Three servings! Three! What are you serving? A Dormouse?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Be right back

I had a 125g bag of crisps last night with 'approximately 3 servings' written on the side.

I believe one third of a bag of crisps would only serve to arouse my hunger, without bedding her back down again.

They would only have gone stale otherwise. At least that is what I tell myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

optogirl wrote:

Similar sort of TA on who wants to be a millionaire.

Contestant is asked a question and given the 4 options.

Que, I don't think it's A and I don't think it's B. I don't think it's C either.

Short pause.......

So I'm going to go for D.

Another short pause.....

And that is my final answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Similar sort of TA on who wants to be a millionaire.

Contestant is asked a question and given the 4 options.

Que, I don't think it's A and I don't think it's B. I don't think it's C either.

Short pause.......

So I'm going to go for D.

Another short pause.....

And that is my final answer.

My dad was on WWTBAM back in the day (never made it to the big chair) but he was told before they filmed that he was to talk out his thinking on every question. They wanted to drag the arse out of every question to ramp up the tension. :rolleyes: The magic of TV.

TA my kitty isn't better yet. Something wrong with her mouth now so she's back at the vets again. She's having a really crappy week.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    TA my kitty isn't better yet. Something wrong with her mouth now so she's back at the vets again. She's having a really crappy week.

Molly, that'd be the kidneys again. Will pm you later to compare notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Trying to watch RTE player and had to give up. Buffering,freezing and generally frustrating. I wouldn't mind so much but I set aside the time to watch that particular programme and was really looking forward to it. Grrrrr

My tragus piercing fell out in bed. I had to push it back in ( oh eer). I have a new lovely sterling silver replacement but my fibbly fingers can't manage it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Pringles tube: "One you pop you can't stop!"

Also Pringles tube: "Serving size: 1/6th of a tube" :mad:

maudgonner wrote: »
    Pringles tube: "One you pop you can't stop!"

Also Pringles tube: "Serving size: 1/6th of a tube" :mad:

That's basically guidelines to prevent obesity which I think they are required to state now.

Too late bitches, I'm fat already!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,638 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Took two eggs out the egg carton this morning, walking across the kitchen I dropped them so I got the roll of kitchen paper then dropped that on the broken eggs. Tried cleaning up the mess with kitchen paper covered in egg while trying to stop two dogs from eating the broken eggs and shells

Yer some yoke.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement

I concur :)

Not everyone can formulate their thoughts quickly, and speed type ie me :(

TA that I don't know how to see recent replies to a thread (if it's even possible that is) as I'm typing out a response; also on those next poster up type threads where the answer/response could be too late :pac:

I suppose I could open up a new tab (usually do :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

madmaggie wrote: »
    I'm unable to pronounce the word "minimalist". Mininimilist, Minnyinnylist, it's driving me mad.

Millins and millins of minimalists :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Yer some yoke.

A cracking yoke you might say

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

New Home wrote: »
    Molly, that'd be the kidneys sgain. Will pm you later to compare notes.

Can you PM me too, if you have any useful info? My cat also off her food and we are waiting to go to UCD Tuesday. She's on a tab for her kidneys.
    TA people who say "change up" - the up is superfluous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Antares35 wrote: »
    Can you PM me too, if you have any useful info? My cat also off her food and we are waiting to go to UCD Tuesday. She's on a tab for her kidneys.

I think mouth ulcers are a common thing with kidney disease. The vet checked her mouth today though (through much yowling in pain - the poor thing) and couldn't see any but did feel a mass near her jaw that wasn't there before. We're hoping it's just an injury but we've to wait till tomorrow for confirmation. So you could check whether it was ulcers maybe?

TA - the biryani I got from the takeaway came with a really sweet veggie curry. It was disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

When you are following a thread and then threads merged pops up but it never tells you WHAT thread has been merged. :mad:

Suddenly there are a load of new people posting and you haven't a clue what they the heck they are on about.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Antares35 wrote: »

Will do Antares, I'm taking a little break 'cause I finished work less than half an hour ago (nearly 12 hrs today, too), but I'll turn on my laptop shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA when you're deep in conversation with someone, and a third person interrupts and changes the subject. Then you forget about the original topic and the conversation never gets back around to where it was.

annoying when it happens during a podcast when the interviewee is asked about something interesting or is telling a story when someone else steers the subject towards something stupid/boring.

Three streetlights out in my estate for the past 18 months, including the one right outside my house. I, and the neighbours have reported it to the council numerous times.

Today, out the back window, I see a van with a cherry-picker on the back. They park up under a light around the corner and get to work. Finally, I think, they’re here to fix the lights.

Come back in the dark from the supermarket this evening, and the three lights are still broken. They fixed nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

Bloody neighbours again....trying to relax and read my book before going to sleep and the fella is having a ridiculously loud phone conversation. He's literally nearly shouting. SO loud and high pitched. I said to him again the other day and he's convinced he's not doing anything wrong and says he's allowed to speak in his own flat. Like how do you go about explaining the concept of an 'indoor voice' to a grown adult? Who doesn't naturally try to keep their voice low and soft at/after midnight if they live in a flat?

It's not only about the sleep, it's just so draining not being able to do something as normal as read in bed. I need to read to get tired enough and relaxed enough to sleep and literally can't even focus on my book because I can hear every word of the conversation and can't tune it out. It's like he's in the same room, that's how bad it is. I have noise cancelling headphones on right now and I can still hear him. I have to put a fan on every night to fall asleep and I can STILL hear him over it. I feel like sending him an invoice to cover the electricity to run the fan to attempt to drown out his stupid voice every single night.

I can and will move out of here but how do people cope with this sh1t in places they own? I think I'd have a meltdown if I bought a lovely flat and ended up living next to some loudmouth. Perhaps rural living is the only way to go?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement