Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

People whose voicemail message says "I don't listen to voicemails, send me a text instead".

Grrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Like Max Clifford, he wrote his autobiography in the third person.
    It's supposed to be a hilarious read (but not intentionally).

(but not intentionally) hehe..makes me laugh alot.

Ta my flatmate even seems to read loudly. At the end of each chapter or sentiment he feels the need to go "hmppf" like he's realised something earth shattering. I don't care!! We're not reading the same book and I didn't just land on the same conclusion you did!...how about you read quietly (that's the nature of books btw) and keep your hmmming and hawing and commenting and ****ing ANYTHING for another day, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,104 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Since the weekend I have contacted two independent businesses for a quote on a version of what they do, so far not a peep even tho I know the messages have been received and read.

I finally found a short q at a localish branch of the national supermarket that I need to stock up on own brands from, ran around it getting this and that, came back without one of the most nb things.

Before I went to the supermarket I saw some fudge on sale and it set off a craving I couldn't shake, in the end I got a small bag in the supermarket. One the way back to the house I dropped into a small shop to buy eggs and spotted my very favourite in the world cheese biscuit at a exorbitant price, learning my lesson from the fudge I resisted. Now Im back at my desk the craving from cheesy biscuits is tormenting me.

Finally, the weekly conversation about how many eggs are in the fridge, neither of us knew so it was decided to buy a large box(which will prob go off before we get them finished) ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Bredabe wrote:
    Finally, the weekly conversation about how many eggs are in the fridge, neither of us knew so it was decided to buy a large box(which will prob go off before we get them finished) ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Handy way to check if eggs are good or not, stick them in a bowl of water. If they stick, they are good, if they float, they are gone off.

TA that people throw out good food just because of a date. (Not directed at you Bredabe)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Kellogg’s stopped making my favourite breakfast cereal :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Autosport wrote: »
    Kellogg’s stopped making my favourite breakfast cereal :(

What one?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

What one?

Kellogg’s Start

I found out in the cereal thread

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Autosport wrote: »
    Kellogg’s Start

I thought that went out with the flood 🀔

To thine own self be true

I thought that went out with the flood 🀔

2018 it would appear... Replaced with honey favoured cars 3 cereal???

Thundercats Roar.

Seriously what were they thinking..... Leave the oldies and goodies alone!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

TA when a tv advert for a product (usually a cosmetic thing aimed at ladies) includes on-screen text thet makes a ridiculous claim, (statistically speaking). Like "77% of 93 women surveyed said their (whatever) was noticeably improved after using <product>"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

Autosport wrote:
    Kellogg’s Start

Autosport wrote:

My condolences... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Talking of cereals....
    TA that I somehow managed to pick up a box of Bran Flakes yesterday evening instead of Rice Krispies... and I never noticed til I opened them and poured them into the bowl - and there they were, bits of brown cardboard :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Boards is going super slow for me. And it's only Boards, nothing else.

'tis fúckin rotten

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

They know, there's a thread fot that.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,434 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

My TA is that I'm over thinking about whether or not if I should enrol to do a diploma. The area is of interest to me, but probably won't be needed workwise, but you never know, it might stand to me when I go for an internal move.

I did it as part of my degree but regret not doing it as part of my professional exams. I was really good at it in college but that is like 8 years ago.

I also keep thinking about what a waste of money it would be if I failed. Me and my stupid brain :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It wouldn't be a waste of money, Shelly, it'd be invested in something you enjoy and makes you happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Tá'd never got to find out what the lads in towels were doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

a pre-covid TA. filled up a pick n mix bag at the cinema, must have got carried away because i ended up paying 15 euro for it! it didnt seem like that much to look at! and more fool me for paying it.

Robsweezie wrote: »
    a pre-covid TA. filled up a pick n mix bag at the cinema, must have got carried away because i ended up paying 15 euro for it! it didnt seem like that much to look at! and more fool me for paying it.

I used to go into the cinema and eat a truckload of pick n mix and then just leave:p

TA that I want a beer and I haven't even had coffee yet Ta'd that there's no alcohol in coffee ...unless....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

OH works for a large, multinational firm and is now WFH. Every time I go into the kitchen to make a cuppa, he is on a conference call. Fair enough, I can live with having to dress before I walk around the house! But why is it that so many people whose first language isn't English, insist on speaking it with a faux American accent? Do they just learn it off the telly? :pac:

And it's all stuff about "issues" and "like" thrown in at every opportunity. Why :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Porklife wrote: »
    I used to go into the cinema and eat a truckload of pick n mix and then just leave:p

TA that I want a beer and I haven't even had coffee yet Ta'd that there's no alcohol in coffee ...unless....

If ever there was a time for alcohol in coffee this is it. I can't drink at the moment and it TAs me when people who can drink pass up perfectly reasonable opportunities to do so - what a waste :D :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    TA when a tv advert for a product (usually a cosmetic thing aimed at ladies) includes on-screen text thet makes a ridiculous claim, (statistically speaking). Like "77% of 93 women surveyed said their (whatever) was noticeably improved after using <product>"

I fell for that one , but in fairness it worked .
    80% of women I know now look and sound better when I put on my sunglasses and ear muffs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

cj maxx wrote: »
    I fell for that one , but in fairness it worked .
    80% of women I know now look and sound better when I put on my sunglasses and ear muffs :)

You might improve the % with copious amounts of beer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Antares35 wrote: »
    OH works for a large, multinational firm and is now WFH. Every time I go into the kitchen to make a cuppa, he is on a conference call. Fair enough, I can live with having to dress before I walk around the house! But why is it that so many people whose first language isn't English, insist on speaking it with a faux American accent? Do they just learn it off the telly? :pac:

And it's all stuff about "issues" and "like" thrown in at every opportunity. Why :confused:

I've been on a few web meetings over the past few weeks. My own web cam is disabled.

TA'd that I don't see any off script things happening in the background on peoples webcams.

No messy houses - they are all perfect.

No kids running in background.

No wife/mistress in a dressing gown making coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,434 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I've been on a few web meetings over the past few weeks. My own web cam is disabled.

TA'd that I don't see any off script things happening in the background on peoples webcams.

I've had a colleague's child, in another country, IM me before (without mom's prior knowledge) and that same kid went mental using the pots and pans as makeshift drums when we were on a call.

Robsweezie wrote: »

Better off just bringing your own - apart from the exorbitant pick and mix rates charged by cinemas a lot of those jellies would be sitting there for ages going stale before you get to them.

Not to mention all the grubby kids sticking their hands in mauling it all! Manky!

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

We had the same thing yesterday, Ted, but what I noticed is that everyone was sitting by a window, and with a wall behind them. You really can't tell what else goes on behind their screens. :) Mind you, the other say one of my colleagues' partner could be seen in the background carrying a full laundry basket. Talk about washing your dirty laundry in public! :D

Antares35 wrote: »
    If ever there was a time for alcohol in coffee this is it. I can't drink at the moment and it TAs me when people who can drink pass up perfectly reasonable opportunities to do so - what a waste :D :P

*Legs it to the fridge*..

Antares.. I'm raising my glass (can of luke warm beer) to you lady :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,104 ✭✭✭Bredabe

when ppl cut across me when Im talking and then throw a hissy when I refuse to repeat myself.

A friend gave a few balls of left over wool in Feb as we had been talking about knitting therapy for ppl with memory issues or family history of dementia. I started about 4 hairbands with it and gave up, I saw a post asking for wool/needles/buttons for ppl to use to knit comfort items for frontline workers.

NOW I'm seeing the colours I needed for the hairbands and rushing to get the bands knitted ahead of the date the wool is due to be handed over.
    TATATATA

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement