Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Last Monday I decided to order an album from an Irish retailer on Discogs rather than give Amazon the business. Partly because of guilt trip hectoring from a neckbeard acquaintance who it turns out is friendly with the seller.

Paid for the item straight after the order.
    Heard nothing until Friday evening when I got an “item unavailable - cancelled by seller” notification. There was a half-hearted message “sorry man, I sold the LP on Ebay last week and forgot to update the listing on Discogs”

Flakey b*stard.

Off to Amazon I go.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

It’s that time of year again my feet hands and the tip of my nose feels like ice no matter how warm I get :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

And if you do pick it up, please do not then throw the bag just anywhere. Dispose of it properly. Ugh.

Oh gosh this. So many trees are decorated with bags of poop. Like Christmas gone wrong. I don't get it, is it like "I'll pick it up on the way back" thinking? Or, oh look there's already bags of shít on this tree, this is clearly the shít depository. And the only thing worse than dog shít is dog shít in a bag that won't degrade for years.

TA that there are so many middle men in medicine. I have a pain and I'm terrified I might die, so I want to go and get scanned. But first I have to go to a GP who will want to throw antibiotics and anti inflammatories at it, which won't work and then I'll have to go to GP again and insist on a referral. Why can't we just go straight to diagnostics?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭wildwillow

My dog always poops five minutes into his walk no matter what hour of the day. I usually put the bag down somewhere unobtrusive and collect on the way home. Twice I've forgotten to collect said bag as I met neighbours on the walk and they joined in with me. Too much talking.

But the first time I only remembered during the night so collected it first thing next morning. Next time I retraced my steps soon after and was viewed with suspicion by a nearby house owner when they saw me retrieve it from under the hedge on the roadside, not on his property.
    there is a special place in hell for those who hang it from trees.

• Advertisement

wildwillow wrote: »
    My dog always poops five minutes into his walk no matter what hour of the day. I usually put the bag down somewhere unobtrusive and collect on the way home. Twice I've forgotten to collect said bag as I met neighbours on the walk and they joined in with me. Too much talking.

But the first time I only remembered during the night so collected it first thing next morning. Next time I retraced my steps soon after and was viewed with suspicion by a nearby house owner when they saw me retrieve it from under the hedge on the roadside, not on his property.
    there is a special place in hell for those who hang it from trees.
    I got attacked on here before by someone for saying I sometimes collect it on the way back. If we are somewhere that literally has one bin at the entrance I'm not going to carry it all the way round the walk with me. And it's not going into the buggy either.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Chev_Chelios

Insidious advertising trying to worm their way into your life. Instead of just saying buy our butter, washing up liquid, razors etc, this is why their good, there's this weird narrative they push where you need their product to have a happy family, or be the best you can be. The product is intertwined with the good things in peoples lifes, even if there's little to no relevance. Basically **** advertising, just sell your producd, no bs.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Drivers in the fast lane that think it's just their lane to cruise along in.

I'm sure this is a re-post but I've come across it several times this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Antares35 wrote:
    TA that there are so many middle men in medicine. I have a pain and I'm terrified I might die, so I want to go and get scanned. But first I have to go to a GP who will want to throw antibiotics and anti inflammatories at it, which won't work and then I'll have to go to GP again and insist on a referral. Why can't we just go straight to diagnostics?

One word - money.

Speed Limits , Indicators , and Lights

There's a reason why there's speed limits of usually 50kph in villages.

TA concerns the second two above: Today a car pulls out - without indicating, and has them stoopid parking lights that always seem to be on :mad:

I know it was only around 4 O'Clock, and you're probably not obliged to have your dipped lights on at that time, but it was overcast & foggy - just cos you driver can see enough, it doesn't mean that the pedestrian crossing the road takes note of every car in a 60m radius .. Grrr

And you were also in what I categorize being in the TCI (Too Cool to Indicate) sub-category of the broader NIM (Non Indicating Muddafooka) category :mad::mad:

No near miss, or anything close to it, but it happens regular, and bloody annoyink

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

People who justify leaving their dog crap all over the place

One word - money.

Yup.

Thankfully managed to find somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Antares35 wrote: »

Local private hospital does direct access endoscopy. You're assessed on the basis of go letter. I used that system a few years back, so handy. Don't know why HSE doesn't work this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,412 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

madmaggie wrote: »
    Local private hospital does direct access endoscopy. You're assessed on the basis of go letter. I used that system a few years back, so handy. Don't know why HSE doesn't work this way.

so you still have to get a GP to write a referral letter?

madmaggie wrote: »

I did that last year. Got GP letter and for some reason they gave me one for private and one for public. The public one went to James'. Anyway I just went private to the Mater ( horrendous memory as was pregnant at the time so I couldn't be sedated!) and then got a letter from James' offering a urea breath test instead (presumably cheaper) even though GP specified camera down. I do remember having to push GP for the referral.

He tried a bit of "take this and if it doesn't work come back" (and give me another 70 Euro) and I had to insist on referral letter there and then.

TA I've to wait til Friday to find out what's wrong.

Antares35 wrote: »
    I did that last year. Got GP letter and for some reason they gave me one for private and one for public. The public one went to James'. Anyway I just went private to the Mater ( horrendous memory as was pregnant at the time so I couldn't be sedated!) and then got a letter from James' offering a urea breath test instead (presumably cheaper) even though GP specified camera down. I do remember having to push GP for the referral.

He tried a bit of "take this and if it doesn't work come back" (and give me another 70 Euro) and I had to insist on referral letter there and then.

TA I've to wait til Friday to find out what's wrong.

Good luck, hope its nothing major.
    (been there done that over the years with colonoscopies and endoscopies , and despite fearing the worst its never been anything to worry about) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

Charity ads where they tell you to text a number, however, this will not result in a donation. Instead you have to get a phonecall from some poor boll*x in a call centre asking you to sign up to a direct debit. I would have donated a lot more money to these causes if I could do it as a one off now and again when I see the ad and feel the guilt. But I don't need more direct debits

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

optogirl wrote:
    Charity ads where they tell you to text a number, however, this will not result in a donation. Instead you have to get a phonecall from some poor boll*x in a call centre asking you to sign up to a direct debit. I would have donated a lot more money to these causes if I could do it as a one off now and again when I see the ad and feel the guilt. But I don't need more direct debits

I hate those ads. Every ad break someone looking for money of you for their worthy cause.

I saw one the other day where they were asking people to leave them money in their will.

F**k me, is there no depths they won't sink to.

T/A charity ads and chuggers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

optogirl wrote: »

Could not agree more!

Give a number to text a tenner to a good cause and more people would give.

^^^^^^

Some of them text in charities are aimed at 'Helping The Vulnerable' :pac: :rolleyes:

Exactly their effin 'target market' for receiving a one off donation , or so a lot of people might be led to believe :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Autosport wrote: »
    People crossing the road please look BOTH ways. That could have been a nasty accident if I didn’t stop in time

I was driving through the town as the primary schools were leaving out the other day. I saw group of 6-7 primary school boys on a narrow footpath coming towards me, and thought 'I'd better slow down because one of these stupid mother****ers is going to step out in front of me.' Sure enough, one kid, had to be 7 or 8, bumps into one of his buddies and steps out in front of me. :mad:

If I hadn't already slowed down (from 30k to 20k in a 50k zone) I'd probably have hit the ****er.

To what point do I have to be responsible for other ****ers kids? If your kid gets to 7 or 8 and still hasn't learned to step out in front of a car right in front of him, is it really my fault if he gets run over?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭donegal_man

"Me hole Martin", "West Brit", "Shinner bot", "snowflake", "typical left-wing/alt-right", "partitionist mindset" and other catch phrases that pop up with monotonous regularity.

Good luck, hope its nothing major.
    (been there done that over the years with colonoscopies and endoscopies , and despite fearing the worst its never been anything to worry about) ;)

Thanks Maggie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,131 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

we go for a nice walk in the park , sun is shining and all is well .Come to a very large deepish puddle and slow down to mince over it trying to stay dry .As we are negotiating it along comes a jogger oblivious to the world around him and bounds through the puddle splashing both of us and spattering mud all up my trousers
    Gob****e

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

I finally snapped with the neighbours. So much for taking the high road.

I was absolutely shattered last night from being kept awake every night of the week. Got into bed at midnight and it was quiet and I thought, finally, I can get a decent night's sleep and a bit of rest, at last. I was hoping they'd gone to bed early and were already asleep. In they come at about ten past midnight, full volume conversation. I shouted 'shut the fck up, for the love of God' and they dropped their voices to a normal level (no bother sleeping through that, it's just muffled low murmur), then right as I was dropping off to sleep, got louder and louder again and higher and higher pitched. I think he's literally incapable of speaking without yelling, or listening. They just talk over each other and try to 'win'.

I had to get up at 7 this morning to get my run in before it got too busy, so I put radio 4 on my speaker nice and loud so I could still hear it in the kitchen as I went back and forth, and made sure to do plenty of warm up jumps and a bit of skipping. Kept the radio on while I went for my run, so they could enjoy being forced to listen to it just like I have to listen to their inane chatter for 2+ hours a night.

I'm sure I've just made things worse, but I literally did just snap. I'm so full of resentment that a place I really loved living has been ruined because of these clowns. I'm looking to move out, and I won't be at all considerate from now on. I'll make as much noise as I feel like making, at whatever time I feel like. I'm sick of being the idiot tip toeing around trying to be considerate while trying to do a full time job every day on 4 or 5 hours' sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,405 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I was absolutely shattered last night from being kept awake every night of the week. Got into bed at midnight and it was quiet and I thought, finally, I can get a decent night's sleep and a bit of rest, at last. I was hoping they'd gone to bed early and were already asleep. In they come at about ten past midnight, full volume conversation. I shouted 'shut the fck up, for the love of God' and they dropped their voices to a normal level (no bother sleeping through that, it's just muffled low murmur), then right as I was dropping off to sleep, got louder and louder again and higher and higher pitched. I think he's literally incapable of speaking without yelling, or listening. They just talk over each other and try to 'win'.

I had to get up at 7 this morning to get my run in before it got too busy, so I put radio 4 on my speaker nice and loud so I could still hear it in the kitchen as I went back and forth, and made sure to do plenty of warm up jumps and a bit of skipping. Kept the radio on while I went for my run, so they could enjoy being forced to listen to it just like I have to listen to their inane chatter for 2+ hours a night.

I'm sure I've just made things worse, but I literally did just snap. I'm so full of resentment that a place I really loved living has been ruined because of these clowns. I'm looking to move out, and I won't be at all considerate from now on. I'll make as much noise as I feel like making, at whatever time I feel like. I'm sick of being the idiot tip toeing around trying to be considerate while trying to do a full time job every day on 4 or 5 hours' sleep.

Good man..... you is on the right track.

I don't blame you one bit. I hope you feel a bit better for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,412 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

My big toe has been red and swollen for the last few days and very sore to touch. I dropped a knife on it this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

My big toe has been red and swollen for the last few days and very sore to touch. I dropped a knife on it this evening.

You've got an ingrown nail, friend. You might want to get that sorted soonish. And not drop knives on it.

Dear Spotify, I asked you for Radiohead, what is this sh1te you are playing?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement