Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,953 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Sardonicat wrote: »
    You've got an ingrown nail, friend. You might want to get that sorted soonish. And not drop knives on it.

Dear Spotify, I asked you for Radiohead, what is this sh1te you are playing?

This Internet randomer who should equally be ignored thinks it sounds like gout.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Dear Spotify, I asked you for Radiohead, what is this sh1te you are playing?

Ask for sh!te and you'll get sh!te

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I suppose, in either case the only effective solution is amputation, so the knife was probably a good idea.

(Also not a doctor)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

I have tub of Cookies and Cream Haagen Dazs in the freezer - can I be arsed moving to get it?

Can I f... airycakes!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Went to re-watch The Trip on Netflix the other day and it's gone :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I sent my sick cert to the uni and was asked if I needed an extension, which I gratefully excepted.

Yesterday was the deadline for this week's assessment and as I still hadn't heard anything about the extension, so I felt I didn't have a choice but to submit the absolute crap I had put tog before I got too sick to continue.

I hate when ppl who have the answers to my predicament don't respond to me, forcing me to do less than my best and possibly fail out of my course.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

People saying a certain thread is that way -->
    No it isn't you ninny, the only thing over there is Regional and Adverts.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Two TA's for the weekend:

1. The celebrities on Strictly crying about being away from their family and talking about their journey. You'd swear they were abducted against their will and forced to dance to survive. They CHOSE to be apart from their family for however long.

2. It's great that Biden won and that that orange oaf is finally out of the White House. But is all the celebrating in Mayo really necessary? Ask Ballyporeen and New Ross about the economic prosperity that arose from their links to US presidents.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

TA listening to the naked scientist podcast , some bright spark has invented an app for a phone that gives a verdict if your drunk or not by the way you walk.
    Ffs ! :(
    8 breathalyser tests in 2 years because I walk 'funny' yet 0.0 everytime. This phone thing is going to cause me hassle :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

2. It's great that Biden won and that that orange oaf is finally out of the White House. But is all the celebrating in Mayo really necessary? Ask Ballyporeen and New Ross about the economic prosperity that arose from their links to US presidents.

Moneyball is thriving. Noone ever heard of it before but now at least once a year I grab a supermacs in Barrack O'Bama Plaza

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Moneyball is thriving. Noone ever heard of it before but now at least once a year I grab a supermacs in Barrack O'Bama Plaza

And it would probably be still thriving if it was just called "Moneygall/M7 Plaza.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

My mother has developed the most annoying habit of knocking in just at dinnertime. (Since March she hasn't been in the house so it's a chat at the door)

I've young kids trying to get them to sit down and eat is a feckin nightmare at the best of times without granny arriving just as the plates are put in front of them.

I've said to her, between 2-3 is eating, collect kids from school at 1:30, home, changed, food.

Putting the plates on the table and doorbell goes....ffs.... mam I've said 2-3 is dinnertime...she looks at her watch, well it's 1:50 , oh sweet f*cking jesus. (Yeah cos I just click my fingers and hey presto food appears on the table)

Also bags of sweets for the kids, which I'm grateful for, but just before dinner is not the time to produce bags of sweets.

She'll be on the phone to the siblings tonight about how awful I am, a few flying monkeys heading my way.....ffs leave me alone!

On Corro the other night three different characters said 'fall/falling pregnant'.
    Who on earth uses an archaic term like that nowadays? especially teenage girls. :rolleyes:

Who is writing the script, Charles Dickens?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,481 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

My mother has developed the most annoying habit of knocking in just at dinnertime. (Since March she hasn't been in the house so it's a chat at the door)

I've young kids trying to get them to sit down and eat is a feckin nightmare at the best of times without granny arriving just as the plates are put in front of them.

I've said to her, between 2-3 is eating, collect kids from school at 1:30, home, changed, food.

Putting the plates on the table and doorbell goes....ffs.... mam I've said 2-3 is dinnertime...she looks at her watch, well it's 1:50 , oh sweet f*cking jesus. (Yeah cos I just click my fingers and hey presto food appears on the table)

Also bags of sweets for the kids, which I'm grateful for, but just before dinner is not the time to produce bags of sweets.

She'll be on the phone to the siblings tonight about how awful I am, a few flying monkeys heading my way.....ffs leave me alone!

You’ve got to remember princess your mother is the Queen!

You’ve got to remember princess your mother is the Queen!

She certainly thinks she is!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

She certainly thinks she is!

Have you tried giving her a different dinner time?
    Tell her you've switched meal time to later, see if she tries to co-incide her visits with that.

Have you tried giving her a different dinner time?
    Tell her you've switched meal time to later, see if she tries to co-incide her visits with that.

She wont come up after 3 as her programmes (flog it, judge Judy etc.) all start after 3, plus she will be making her own dinner.

We were finding it way too stressful for late dinners with the kids, as they can take well over an hour to eat so you're hitting bedtime and tiredness etc too.

With wfh it's easier to have main meal after school, then a light meal, (doesn't matter if they don't finish the light meal ) before bedtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

She wont come up after 3 as her programmes (flog it, judge Judy etc.) all start after 3, plus she will be making her own dinner.

We were finding it way too stressful for late dinners with the kids, as they can take well over an hour to eat so you're hitting bedtime and tiredness etc too.

With wfh it's easier to have main meal after school, then a light meal, (doesn't matter if they don't finish the light meal ) before bedtime.

Oh, I'm not saying change your mealtime I'm advising you to lie.

Oh, I'm not saying change your mealtime I'm advising you to lie.

No this time suits her as she gets the eldest after school and is home in time for her programmes, it just doesn't suit us.

Plus she doesn't really grasp the concept of wfh.....you're home so you're available for a chat. ....now I'm not working but she has interrupted lots of meetings on himself by knocking in when car not there, I'm only one that drives so fairly obvious, car gone I'm gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

On Corro the other night three different characters said 'fall/falling pregnant'.
    Who on earth uses an archaic term like that nowadays? especially teenage girls. :rolleyes:

Who is writing the script, Charles Dickens?

Do they still have stag / hen parties the night before the wedding? Soaps have been doing that for years

• Advertisement

Wasn't sure if the usual gang of kids on the road would knock in or not, so we bought a load of sweets just in case. We got no callers on the night, so now have a ready supply of goodies in a bowl at the bottom of the stairs. TA that I haven't got any self-control and end up shotgunning a mini packet of Haribo every time I go near the front door :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I've a brother-in-law that has an awful habit (pre lockdown) of calling in to us with his young daughter at 6pm - right when we're about to have our dinner. They always call just at the time you're dishing up. Then you feel obliged to offer them some, and they always accept. But then I'm stretching the food I cooked for my family to two extra people, and it's usually me that loses out the most.

If he came 20 minutes earlier, I'd be able to plan to include them. Or 10 minutes later, we'd already be sitting down eating. But no, it's always just as I'm taking the plates out.

Do they still have stag / hen parties the night before the wedding? Soaps have been doing that for years
    Then the groom gets drunk as a skunk and ends up lost somewhere next morning :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

I finally snapped with the neighbours. So much for taking the high road.

I was absolutely shattered last night from being kept awake every night of the week. Got into bed at midnight and it was quiet and I thought, finally, I can get a decent night's sleep and a bit of rest, at last. I was hoping they'd gone to bed early and were already asleep. In they come at about ten past midnight, full volume conversation. I shouted 'shut the fck up, for the love of God' and they dropped their voices to a normal level (no bother sleeping through that, it's just muffled low murmur), then right as I was dropping off to sleep, got louder and louder again and higher and higher pitched. I think he's literally incapable of speaking without yelling, or listening. They just talk over each other and try to 'win'.

I had to get up at 7 this morning to get my run in before it got too busy, so I put radio 4 on my speaker nice and loud so I could still hear it in the kitchen as I went back and forth, and made sure to do plenty of warm up jumps and a bit of skipping. Kept the radio on while I went for my run, so they could enjoy being forced to listen to it just like I have to listen to their inane chatter for 2+ hours a night.

I'm sure I've just made things worse, but I literally did just snap. I'm so full of resentment that a place I really loved living has been ruined because of these clowns. I'm looking to move out, and I won't be at all considerate from now on. I'll make as much noise as I feel like making, at whatever time I feel like. I'm sick of being the idiot tip toeing around trying to be considerate while trying to do a full time job every day on 4 or 5 hours' sleep.

Rather than radio, if you had a loud alarm that just went buzz buzz buzz it would be much more annoying for them

• Registered Users Posts: 21,908 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

To the" lovely " driver who decided to drive through the roundabout (when she shouldn't) , be grateful that I was paying attention when you obviously weren't , and stuck the car to the road avoiding a crash by inches , pay attention before someone else isn't as lucky .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I have a coldsore :(

Which will have become multiple coldsores by tomorrow because I NEVER get just one. I hate them so much. Even more so since I missed out on scoring the hottest man I've ever seen in real life in Mexico last year because of one. FML.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,481 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

People who ask very personal or sensitive questions to people they barely know especially when they can’t see what they are doing is wrong.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Rather than radio, if you had a loud alarm that just went buzz buzz buzz it would be much more annoying for them

Rick Astley on loop?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Dial Hard wrote:
    I have a coldsore

Dial Hard wrote:
    Which will have become multiple coldsores by tomorrow because I NEVER get just one. I hate them so much. Even more so since I missed out on scoring the hottest man I've ever seen in real life in Mexico last year because of one. FML.

Zovirax is excellent if you can catch it early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Zovirax is excellent if you can catch it early.

Zovirax cream has never done anything for me.

I had a few Aciclovir tablets I bought in Mexico last year left so I've taken them yesterday and today along with a whopper dose of Lysine in the hopes that it at least shortens the outbreak duration/stops me getting any more.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement