Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,427 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Rick Astley on loop?

Or Metallica's St. Anger

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Or Metallica's St. Anger

Or Wee Daniel. Or YouTube videos of kids learning to play the flute or the violin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

New Home wrote: »
    Or Wee Daniel. Or YouTube videos of kids learning to play the flute or the violin.

Or "oh Christmas tree" on the tin whistle, keep it festive like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Or "oh Christmas tree" on the tin whistle, keep it festive like :)

That is the first tune I ever learned :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

New Home wrote: »

North Korea wouldn’t go that far!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Deja Boo wrote: »
    That is the first tune I ever learned :D

I still get flashbacks:D ....I can even remember the wallpaper that covered my tin whistle notebook.....I'm not a natural musician:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Phone ads are becoming so stupid. When people receive their new phone, the latest model they always look like they are about to cream themselves :rolleyes:

You have Kevin Bacon crying and there is an ad with a father and daughter where they start dancing with joy when his new phone arrives, he even holds it up to the sky cradled in both hands like an offering to God (although they have cut that bit out now).
    Speaking of : there was a phone ad a while ago where 'phones are God' flashed up on screen.
    Get a fecking grip.
    TA also at those nincompoops who have to update to the new iphone straight away as soon as it comes out :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

oh I dont carry cash dont you know.

cash is so passee.

No its not you wannabe neo-hipster cnt.

thinking you're the future because you downloaded an app, now you think you're all fckin iRobot.

actually taking pride in not carrying a piece of paper in your pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,953 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

85603 wrote: »

cash is so passee.

thinking you're the future because you downloaded an app, now you think you're all fckin iRobot.

Breathe.

• Advertisement

Breathe.

wear a lanyard from your multinational though, dont you.

like an olympic medal. look at me, im a professional.

cash ... id actually have to carry a full 20 grammes.

but with my iwatch and lanyard life is so much easier, all i have to do is scan the qr code to the app on my phone.

none of that reaching into my pocket hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sandz066

cash is so passee.

Emmm... Don't carry cash.. Because its 2020... And contactless is preferable if you don't want to transmit a virus.

TA a printing shop today. 50c to print a postage label... Gave my card to pay - oh if pay by card it's €1. Opportunist gangsters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

wear a lanyard from your multinational though, dont you.

like an olympic medal. look at me, im a professional.

cash ... id actually have to carry a full 20 grammes.

but with my iwatch and lanyard life is so much easier, all i have to do is scan the qr code to the app on my phone.

none of that reaching into my pocket hassle.

Oh god, my annoying friend is like that. Used to turn up for pints after work with his lanyard on display. The latest is he apparently worked so much overtime last month he "almost fainted", as told to me by a mutual friend..so, when he eventually got in touch with me I deliberately told him the shítfest that has been my life for the last while... And he says, "mmm, yea yeah, that's terrible. So, I nearly fainted last week because I worked so much". God why does he wear something like that as a badge of honour? More like a badge of pushover.

TA my body is falling apart. I have pain in very joint. Wtf is wrong with me.

Edit and on the cash thing, OH has gone all "cash is trash" too, to the point that he refused 200 euro that I owed him, because I offered him four fifties. Grand so, suits me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,481 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

That I never know any of the people shown on Crimecall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

"Well we are all fed up of the lockdown but..." makes me more fed up than the lockdown itself.

There's a whole Thread on its own - "The Uselessness of 'Crimecall' "

*Showing stuff/ stealing that happened last winter.
    *Rubbish CCTV stills - acceptable if the cameras are poor; but some of them are almost crystal clear, yet the CCTV image of the 'alleged perp/s' is as often as not crap. :( :mad:
    To mention just 2 :D

My TA, and its similar - In the local 'Valuesavers' to me; up to about 3-4 years ago they had a 'Wall of Shame' - plenty of photos of 'customers' I guess, that they would rather not have :pac:

Been a while since I was in there, and unless things have changed - that Wall of Shame is long gone :confused: :cool:

TA at when I wake up early with not enough sleep - at this time of the year, it's like I have to 'endure' twice the amount of hours I missed out on.

That is, if I wake up at 5 with about 4-5 hours sleep, with it being so dark it's like waking up at that time in Summer with 3 hrs, or less.

I'll probably be wrecked at 4 or 5 in the PM - a similar scenario in Summer I'd be good till 9 or 10 I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Scammers/scummers. They are the dregs of society, targeting the most vulnerable people.

They have a phone scam now where they tell you that you have been in close contact with someone who has covid. Who is it? Sorry, can't tell you, privacy issues.
    We will send you a test straight away but it's €50, your credit card details please. No time to lose!
    Then the horrible cúnts empty your account.
    Don't talk about emails, I'm getting crap from scammers on a regular basis. Never mind the old Nigerian prince routine, now you can get professional looking emails or letters from the HSE, AGS, DSW, your bank, any state body really, all looking for your card details.
    Oh It really gets my goat just thinking of all the people they have tricked :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Ask for sh!te and you'll get sh!te

Blasphemer!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,953 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Scammers/scummers. They are the dregs of society, targeting the most vulnerable people.

They have a phone scam now where they tell you that you have been in close contact with someone who has covid. Who is it? Sorry, can't tell you, privacy issues.
    We will send you a test straight away but it's €50, your credit card details please. No time to lose!
    Then the horrible cúnts empty your account.
    Don't talk about emails, I'm getting crap from scammers on a regular basis. Never mind the old Nigerian prince routine, now you can get professional looking emails or letters from the HSE, AGS, DSW, your bank, any state body really, all looking for your card details.
    Oh It really gets my goat just thinking of all the people they have tricked :mad:

There is a company in Hungary that scan the European trade mark registry, they then sent out invoices to put your trade mark on their database.
    It's usually for 2 - 3 grand .
    Thing is, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to be on their database (if it exists). They are just hoping that some clerk will see an invoice related to a recent trade mark application and pay it.
    I suspect that what they are doing isn't illegal :mad:

• Advertisement

There is a company in Hungary that scan the European trade mark registry, they then sent out invoices to put your trade mark on their database.
    It's usually for 2 - 3 grand .
    Thing is, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to be on their database (if it exists). They are just hoping that some clerk will see an invoice related to a recent trade mark application and pay it.
    I suspect that what they are doing isn't illegal :mad:

I heard some bloke tried to patent 21th Century Fox back in the 70s, or 80s - Don't know if he had any joy - could be apocryphal I suppose :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

I heard some bloke tried to patent 21th Century Fox back in the 70s, or 80s - Don't know if he had any joy - could be apocryphal I suppose :D

I remember it did happen but pretty sure it was in 90s

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

When you push the rubbish down in the bin (because you're too lazy to empty it) and your hand touches something wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,658 ✭✭✭storker

The ESB. A 12-hour scheduled outage last week, 0800 - 2000. In winter. During a Level 5 lockdown.

Also, people answering posts with "Nah..."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,658 ✭✭✭storker

I knew someone on Crimewatch UK once, but it was a relative who worked for the BBC and was taking the calls so I don't suppose that counts. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,310 ✭✭✭✭blade1

storker wrote: »
    I knew someone on Crimewatch UK once, but it was a relative who worked for the BBC and was taking the calls so I don't suppose that counts. :)
    The amount of rotting pumpkins I see everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Banks that won't let me lodge a bank draft to one of their accounts(a business a/c) because 'they can't trace it'
    It's a cheque! there is paperwork all the way to prove its origins.

Ta being negated as a customer b/c I can't do internet banking.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Stuck in the workplace toilet with a stubborn multi-flusher.

Again.

Can we not get quicker cisterns in this country.

Stuck in the workplace toilet with a stubborn multi-flusher.

Again.

Can we not get quicker cisterns in this country.

There's a name I made up for them toilets : CEC's (or Clint Eastwood Crappers) ; so-called cos they take fq all sh1t...

And we laugh at them having a dump 'alfresco' in Turd :P World Countries

Also helps with the potting angle , yet we call ourselves "advanced" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

There's a name I made up for them toilets : CEC's (or Clint Eastwood Crappers) ; so-called cos they take fq all sh1t...

And we laugh at them having a dump 'alfresco' in Turd :P World Countries

Also helps with the potting angle , yet we call ourselves "advanced" :rolleyes:

You could call it a trump dump.

It refuses to leave.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement