Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

When you are on a thread and people keep using a term or abbreviation that you don't understand.
    You post to ask what it means and nobody answers, everyone just ignores you :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭joeguevara

When you are on a thread and people keep using a term or abbreviation that you don't understand.
    You post to ask what it means and nobody answers, everyone just ignores you :mad:

sfdsfh

Whatever about posts, listening to it on a conference call and haven't a clue what people are discussing is the most infuriating thing possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Christmas ads on the telly makes me want to kick the screen in.

My hair is very knotted and is taking ages to detangle to the degree that my arm is now killing me and I've had to take a break from it half my hair is all swishy and silky and the other half is a matted crows nest.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,953 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

The road works!!
    It's that time of year with council budgets and the "use it or lose it" syndrome.
    4 different sets of road works with stop go systems in place over the last couple of weeks on my way to work.
    Today was 2 sets of stop go and, I reckon there will be a third on my way home.

Why can't they plan their work over the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,427 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I burnt my finger off of my George Foreman grill when I stupidly decided to move it as it was plugged in. I have about a million heart beats in my middle finger.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    When you push the rubbish down in the bin (because you're too lazy to empty it) and your hand touches something wet.

I use a piece of clean rubbish to do this, such as cling film and leave it in the bin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Driving lately. In a bad run of people pulling out in front of me whether on normal roads or on the motorway as I go to pass.

On motorway if you signal in good time I will slow down and let you out. Nah, just as I'm approaching a little flash of the indicator and move immediately into my path causing me to brake hard :mad:

Most of them seem oblivious that they are risking both our lives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭On the Beach

Silly repetitive "humour", that was never funny to begin with, repeated incessantly by people who don't have a natural wit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Driving lately.

I sometimes wonder what people are thinking, if they are thinking at all....

On the East Cork Parkway earlier there was a Corolla hogging the overtaking lane, with some prick in a Peugeot soft roader tailgating him - presumably because he wanted him to move over. When the guy in the Rav 4 hybrid (who had run a red light back in the city) who was tailgating the Peugeot moved to undertake the two of them, the Corolla cut him off. This left the Peugeot free to hog the overtaking lane at 110kph in a 120kph zone with me behind him. I know that the fact that he was wearing a mask while in the car on his own doesn't necessarily mean he's a moron, but I'd wager it would never enter his head how many ways his behavior boggles my mind.

The Rav 4 was still behind the Corolla despite having plenty of time/space to pass when they disappeared in the rear-view so I'm not sure what his deal was either. Why are you running red lights and tailgating people if you're not in a hurry? Just generally an unthinking asshole?

Also the Corolla had earlier almost done an emergency stop twenty feet back from some traffic lights, causing the Peugeot and Rav 4 to almost cause a pile-up, me to use up most of the gap I had left for safe braking between me and the Rav 4, and the van that was tailgating me to get quite close to hitting me. The lights are relatively new so maybe he was surprised to see them, but maybe he's incapable of coming to a gentle stop at the lights.

Bredabe wrote: »
    Banks that won't let me lodge a bank draft to one of their accounts(a business a/c) because 'they can't trace it'
    It's a cheque! there is paperwork all the way to prove its origins.

Ta being negated as a customer b/c I can't do internet banking.

Don't get me started on the banks. I get up early in the morning just so I have extra hours in the day within which I can hate the banks. Pack of b*stards, the lot of 'em. PTSB slashed the number of cashier counters about 5 years ago. They then reduced the hours of the existing cash desks so they all close at 3pm every day.

The first and only time I was caught out by this, I was queuing at the desks when someone came up to me and said they were closing at 3 on the dot. I said I'd been in the queue since before 3pm and they said that doesn't matter, branch policy etc. I asked what I was supposed to do with my lodgement and they directed me towards an ATM....
    "this machine will take care of all your lodgement needs"
    "okay, just show me where to stick in all my 2 euro coins and you can leave me to it"
    "..................."
    joeguevara wrote: »
    sfdsfh

Somethin' for dem Stupid feckin hooers?
    Silly repetitive "humour", that was never funny to begin with, repeated incessantly by people who don't have a natural wit.

You can apply that to adverts in particular:
    Simples
    Money supermaaaaaaaaaahket
    HIPS!..........BUM!............but how do I look after my teeth?
    The new fairy ads with the "tough" baby on the motorbike
    The direct line one with "he's just driving away......" :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,427 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

HIPS!..........BUM!............but how do I look after my teeth?

The way she pronounces toothpaste as toothpiste grinds my gears. It's an a not an i!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

The way she pronounces toothpaste as toothpiste grinds my gears. It's an a not an i!!!

I hate her with a passion!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

TA is the marketing team. I work in Sales and manage a book of business that includes some big accounts. They have a "strategy" of supporting my deals with "account based marketing" that does not work. It wastes my time and clogs up my calendar with dumb meetings where they try to prove some point that never goes anywhere.

It's Q4 and I'm up to my neck in stress so the time for pointless dumb internal meetings has come and gone. Feedback of "we've tried this and it does not work, here are my account priorities, can you think up a new plan?" is met with hurt feelings and tantrums so declining meetings and ghosting them is my last resort. One of them has started whatsapping me now and just called me five minutes ago. Fcuk. Right. Off.

I hate these people. Give me STRENGTH :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Christmas ads on the telly makes me want to kick the screen in.

My hair is very knotted and is taking ages to detangle to the degree that my arm is now killing me and I've had to take a break from it half my hair is all swishy and silky and the other half is a matted crows nest.

Im actually thinking of shaving my head.I shaved one side last week.I really like it.

But its taken me this long to get it to this length.So im debating.

That the useless fecks at Dublin bus haven’t had the foresight to install contactless payment on the bus.

My leap card isn’t working, so now while I wait for a replacement if I want to get the bus I’ve to drive to an atm (nearest a c. 30 minute walk), take cash out, go to the shop to break said cash for change, then go home to leave my car and then walk back to the bus stop. Pain in the bleedin hole, why the hell can’t I just tap my card.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I use a piece of clean rubbish to do this, such as cling film and leave it in the bin.

TA organised people who make me feel bad about the chaotic state if my life ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

85603 wrote: »
    Stuck in the workplace toilet with a stubborn multi-flusher.

Again.

Can we not get quicker cisterns in this country.

I thought you were stuck in the toilet with a multi- flasher. Had to re-read your post :D

I think I've mentioned this before but I am starting to really seeth every time I see someone on Boards use the term "virtue signalling". Just fúck off with your silly internet language. It doesn't make you look smart.

Also TA, you know when you hear about someone who died tragically rescuing an animal, I always have multiple TAs listening to it. First, I wonder if the animal survived, and I feel annoyed with myself for wondering such a thing when an actual person has died. Then, if the article doesn't mention whether the animal survived I feel annoyed not knowing, then if the article does mention whether it survived, I feel annoyed at the author of the article thinking that whether it survived is relevant when an actual person has died.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭donegal_man

People who say something was robbed when they mean it was stolen.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Adults who are afraid of ridiculous things.

Went out and did the long dog walk after work and stopped in Lidl to do the shopping on the way home. I'm about to start unpacking and hear my housemate calling me from upstairs. She saw a spider in her room shortly after I left and had been "trapped" there since (over an hour and a half). I had to scoop it out the window for her.

Like, ffs, I get that people have phobias an' all but what would she do if she lived alone???

Well, reader, I can actually tell you what she'd do: she'd ring me. She used to live on her own around the corner and rang me in actual hysterics the day after we got home from holidays last year because she found a dead lizard in her luggage when she was unpacking. Unpleasant and upsetting? Yes. But not cause to lock yourself in the bathroom hyperventilating until someone else can come around and deal with it for you.

I often wonder what she'd have done if I hadn't had a key to her apartment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

The couches on the studio set of 'Future Ireland' make me unfathomably angry. I felt obliged to switch over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Adults who are afraid of ridiculous things.

Went out and did the long dog walk after work and stopped in Lidl to do the shopping on the way home. I'm about to start unpacking and hear my housemate calling me from upstairs. She saw a spider in her room shortly after I left and had been "trapped" there since. I had to scoop it out the window for her.

Like, ffs, I get that people have phobias an' all but what would she do if she lived alone???

Well, reader, I can actually tell you what she'd do: she'd ring me. She used to live on her own around the corner and rang me in actual hysterics the day after we got home from holidays last year because she found a dead lizard in her luggage when she was unpacking. Unpleasant and upsetting? Yes. But not cause to lock yourself in the bathroom hyperventilating until someone else can come around and deal with it for you.

I often wonder what she'd have done if I hadn't had a key to her apartment.

Gotta say Dial Hard I almost dropped my phone after reading that. I'd be terrified if I found a lizard in my luggage, dead or alive! If that makes me a wuss then wuss me up!

My TA is one I've mentioned before but it happened again today and I felt like smashing my laptop. Working on a project with a work colleague and we're expecting the result or decision to come through by Friday.
    This morning I get a teams message -
    Morning, any update on the project?

Yeah, I found out at 7am but decided not to tell you. I didn't think a massive project we've both put weeks of work into was worth conferring with you about. Soz. Btw we didn't get it 🙄🙄🙄

Like why would I not tell her if I'd heard anything. So annoying! I decided not to even answer her and set my status to busy. About an hour later I get a '??'...despite my status saying busy. I felt like killing her. I ignored her all day and will continue to ignore her tomorrow even if I find out the decision. What an asshole 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Porklife wrote: »
    Gotta say Dial Hard I almost dropped my phone after reading that. I'd be terrified if I found a lizard in my luggage, dead or alive! If that makes me a wuss then wuss me up!

I wouldn't exactly be overjoyed myself but I'd have dealt with it (probably doing the gross-dance throughout). But wtf would she have done if nobody was around or prepared to deal with it for her??? Rang the landlord? Moved out?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,924 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Motion sensors in toilets. You Sit down and it’s fine , then the lights go out and your semi naked in a cubicle! Then , no matter how you try waving etc, they won’t come on.
    And then someone walks in, they think it’s empty as the lights are flickering on apart from a weirdo sitting in the dark on the loo ! :(

Trying to order a baby gift for an acquaintance and a Christmas type little outfit for my own one, really not fussed anything that says ho ho ho or whatever will do.

Newborn = out of stock.
    0-3 months = out of stock
    3-6 months = out of stock
    6-9 months = out of stock
    9-12 months = out of stock

How many Christmas outfits do you need for one baby during a pandemic? Hungry feckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I know this is repetitive but the cramps are unbelievable and I'm on the pill. There is definitely something wrong and there is no sign of my appointment for an ultrasound. Do I have to deal with this for the next six months. I am too young to be going through the menopause and my bloods backed that up.
    I have to get something done about it, I have Ponston but they make me sick. I might have to take one though.
    The vomiting and migraines haven't started yet but they will soon I'd imagine. Don't want to be taking time off work either over something so stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,131 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I know this is repetitive but the cramps are unbelievable and I'm on the pill. There is definitely something wrong and there is no sign of my appointment for an ultrasound. Do I have to deal with this for the next six months. I am too young to be going through the menopause and my bloods backed that up.
    I have to get something done about it, I have Ponston but they make me sick. I might have to take one though.
    The vomiting and migraines haven't started yet but they will soon I'd imagine. Don't want to be taking time off work either over something so stupid.

Could you afford a private scan ? The Affidea clinics are quite reasonable

https://www.affidea.ie/services/ultrasound/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Could you afford a private scan ? The Affidea clinics are quite reasonable

https://www.affidea.ie/services/ultrasound/

Oh thanks for that, 160 in Cork. I could manage it but it would be in the new year. Have stuff to get done to my car as well. That definitely is a good option, I will ring and enquire tomorrow :) They're also very central!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,131 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Oh thanks for that, 160 in Cork. I could manage it but it would be in the new year. Have stuff to get done to my car as well. That definitely is a good option, I will ring and enquire tomorrow :) They're also very central!

Ask if you need a GP referral too . You most likely need a letter . Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Pain you cant attribute to anything...

Wha did I do to wake up with a sprained thumb, fall off the bed in my sleep or something?

I do not like the hand brace, make keybording dffcu;lt.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement